Hello Guest

Feature Requests

• 87 Replies
Feature Requests
« on: February 26, 2016, 07:32:00 PM »
The app is great, these are just some issues I've encountered.

Could you allow us to save the MIDI routing table as part of the project?

Please provide a way to sort the File Player files as they are in AudioShare so the file folders are collected together at the top of the listing rather the mixed together alphabetically with the files.

In the IAA listing there are some apps without names and some at the bottom grouped by developer. The developer doesn't always have all of their apps grouped together (e.g. Chordion, Ondes, and Patterning by Olympia Noise Co). Can the consistency of sorting be improved or would developers need to be more consistent about how they prepare their IAA apps for submission?

A way to jump to specific parts of the app list (e.g. Audiobus alphabetically).

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 08:38:53 PM »
The app is great, these are just some issues I've encountered.

Could you allow us to save the MIDI routing table as part of the project?

They already are! Does that not work for you?

Please provide a way to sort the File Player files as they are in AudioShare so the file folders are collected together at the top of the listing rather the mixed together alphabetically with the files.

Good point, will do!

In the IAA listing there are some apps without names and some at the bottom grouped by developer. The developer doesn't always have all of their apps grouped together (e.g. Chordion, Ondes, and Patterning by Olympia Noise Co). Can the consistency of sorting be improved or would developers need to be more consistent about how they prepare their IAA apps for submission?

Developers need to add their company name prefix to their declared IAA ports when submitting their apps.
However, you can choose to sort only on app name and ignore the company name, which might make it easier to find the app you're looking for (but naturally breaks the company-groups).

A way to jump to specific parts of the app list (e.g. Audiobus alphabetically).

Yep, on the huge TODO list already :)

Cheers

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 09:01:11 PM »
Thanks Jonatan.

Revisited the MIDI routing for projects and two things are effecting it:

1. The MIDI ports must exist before loading the project (e.g. Open up Midiflow with the desired setup before opening up the project).
2. Zombie IAA (e.g. Thor) routings can still be there.

I'll contact developers about the IAA ports issue. Of course if all developers did this, the current list sorted by app name would be much longer as it adds the developer name too.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:06:00 PM by Paul Gutierrez »

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 09:42:30 PM »
Thanks Jonatan.

Revisited the MIDI routing for projects and two things are effecting it:

1. The MIDI ports must exist before loading the project (e.g. Open up Midiflow with the desired setup before opening up the project).
2. Zombie IAA (e.g. Thor) routings can still be there.

I'll contact developers about the IAA ports issue. Of course if all developers did this, the current list sorted by app name would be much longer as it adds the developer name too.

That's right, it can't connect to any MIDI port that does not exist. But maybe I could make it remember non-existing midi ports and auto connect them when/if they show up? Will give that some thought!

Yeah, zombie apps are just apps that are running invisibly, so their ports are still existent.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 09:54:31 PM »
Adding the MIDI ports in a project even if the app isn't open would be nice so perhaps you could color the arrow and non-existent port red and add, "port not available text"?

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 10:21:04 PM »
Adding the MIDI ports in a project even if the app isn't open would be nice so perhaps you could color the arrow and non-existent port red and add, "port not available text"?

Yeah, either that or just remember them silently and route them when/if they show up?

Btw this would also help to restore connection after a node app crashed, etc. Perhaps it should even remember it if you eject an IAA node and reload it in another channel.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 12:26:35 AM »
It would still be nice to display apps even when they're not open but part of the project you displayed as it will prompt you to open up non-IAA apps or perhaps you no longer have the app or it doesn't work on your current version of iOS. Leaving a place marker helps you to remember the setup and if you want to create a similar setup it will include the appropriate apps and just as importantly it won't include apps you don't want (hidden apps in the setup). What you see is what you get even apps that are supposed to be in the setup.

I haven't tried connecting hardware yet though I plan to, so having them show up even when they're not connected yet will help to prompt and remind about what the setup was.

AUM is the only app I can think of that integrates all of the different music software and hardware so that you can recall your setup and the ability to add notes is great too. Usually non-IAA MIDI apps get left out of the project settings even though they can be an integral part of it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 12:33:14 AM by Paulinko »

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 11:22:24 AM »
It would still be nice to display apps even when they're not open but part of the project you displayed as it will prompt you to open up non-IAA apps or perhaps you no longer have the app or it doesn't work on your current version of iOS. Leaving a place marker helps you to remember the setup and if you want to create a similar setup it will include the appropriate apps and just as importantly it won't include apps you don't want (hidden apps in the setup). What you see is what you get even apps that are supposed to be in the setup.

I haven't tried connecting hardware yet though I plan to, so having them show up even when they're not connected yet will help to prompt and remind about what the setup was.

Good point, yes. This won't probably be in 1.0.1 but it's on my list of stuff to revisit for later updates!

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 10:55:05 PM »
What a gem! Thanks and congrats Jonathan! AUM is impressive, neat, light, fast...

But on top of all the greatness, I would really like to see:

1- Record stop sync obviously ;) , and I would add a "number of bar" scroller next to armed track (rec) icon, to determine loop length of pending recording. ... also, next to that, a check box that once checked would open automatically recording to a new channel next to the one recorded.
On top of that, (dreaming is free), recordings (file player) can stack on each other on one channel, and can be played either simultaneously or in chain.

2- Paste from general pasteboard can be done directly on a file player channel (appear as an option in "tap to load" menu).

3- A way to launch audiobus directly from AUM when creating an audiobus source or destination.

4.An option in File player that can launch audio files out of sync, or with quantification (1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16)  and can be retriggered (like drum pads) (and why not add a repeat option to the quantification)

Yeah, I dare dreaming that these features will come to AUM! No other music app on the App Store have been that close to  "my music creation dream app". If AUM does not get it, I guess none will...
Thanks again!

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 01:38:21 PM »
What a gem! Thanks and congrats Jonathan! AUM is impressive, neat, light, fast...

Thanks! :)

But on top of all the greatness, I would really like to see:

1- Record stop sync obviously ;) , and I would add a "number of bar" scroller next to armed track (rec) icon, to determine loop length of pending recording. ... also, next to that, a check box that once checked would open automatically recording to a new channel next to the one recorded.
On top of that, (dreaming is free), recordings (file player) can stack on each other on one channel, and can be played either simultaneously or in chain.

Yes, sync rec-stop is coming. It will be global though, so the number of recorded beats would need to be displayed next to the global rec button. You can still start and stop recording on the fly many times while rolling.

Auto-load into file player is something I'm considering and trying to figure out the best way to do it. Perhaps an option in FilePlayer to auto-load latest recording from specific channel.

Stacking files to be played won't happen, instead just create multiple file players. Playing files in sequence, like a kind of play list, might come in the far future :)

2- Paste from general pasteboard can be done directly on a file player channel (appear as an option in "tap to load" menu).

Alternative ways to import files (including pasteboard) might come later. But I hesitate to add any reason not to install AudioShare ;)

3- A way to launch audiobus directly from AUM when creating an audiobus source or destination.

Hmm.. you mean to not having to go back to home screen to launch audiobus? Yeah, perhaps there could be an "Open Audiobus" link inside the audiobus source list view when empty, if Audiobus is installed.

4.An option in File player that can launch audio files out of sync, or with quantification (1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16)  and can be retriggered (like drum pads) (and why not add a repeat option to the quantification)

Fast retriggering won't be possible, since the FilePlayers stream from disk (that's why you can load files of any length without wasting your RAM). But a setting for beat start offset will probably be added, yes.

Cheers!
/Jonatan

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 03:31:37 PM »
I've noticed I get some drift from the file player, maybe a function to set the first beat marker would correct this. I've noticed the markers are off sometimes when looking at the grid in audio share. And this if from mixeddown's from Auria, I usually trim the start, but it doesn't always come out good so to say.

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 03:47:05 PM »
I've noticed I get some drift from the file player, maybe a function to set the first beat marker would correct this. I've noticed the markers are off sometimes when looking at the grid in audio share. And this if from mixeddown's from Auria, I usually trim the start, but it doesn't always come out good so to say.

A bit confusing.. Are you talking about the file player in AUM or AudioShare? Could you explain exactly what you're doing and where you see the drift? I've spent quite some time making the AUM FilePlayers sync correctly, with no drift.

If you're playing back a long file (non looping), make sure that the "Original BPM" is exactly correct. Even though it was recorded in an app that said "123 bpm" doesn't mean it was actually 123 bpm, it could as well be 122.9 or something like that. Same thing goes with the markers in AudioShare with beat-snap turned on, the tempo must exactly match the original tempo.

Then, to see if the AUM File Player drifts or not, turn on the metronome in AUM and compare it.

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 04:01:41 PM »
It was a long loop though, but I re exported it and I think I had a little pre delay somewhere, and then I trimmed it in audioshare,  setting the trim handle to left first then applying snap to beat, this made it perfect. Works fine now, sorry

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 04:51:02 PM »
It was a long loop though, but I re exported it and I think I had a little pre delay somewhere, and then I trimmed it in audioshare,  setting the trim handle to left first then applying snap to beat, this made it perfect. Works fine now, sorry

Ok, great! No worries :)

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 09:27:32 AM »
Oh i had another idea... i don't know if it is possible, but maybe.. would it be possible to have an "auto record start" function
what i mean is that the track starts recording once it gets a signal, that would always give us perfect loops without the need of trimming. i think..

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 09:56:12 AM »
Oh i had another idea... i don't know if it is possible, but maybe.. would it be possible to have an "auto record start" function
what i mean is that the track starts recording once it gets a signal, that would always give us perfect loops without the need of trimming. i think..

The recording-start in AUM is already perfectly (to the sample) synchronized actually. If it doesn't give you a perfect start on the loop, then your input signal is not in sync with the clock.

However, adding an auto-trim leading silence in AudioShare would be a nice tool, and something that has been requested before!

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 02:38:23 PM »
Hi, is there any opporunity to make hardware channels mono, without any pairing. So i could use separate channels in AUM for each channel of my audio interface. Thank you. Sorry for bad English. Not my native language.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 03:13:52 PM »
Hi, is there any opporunity to make hardware channels mono, without any pairing. So i could use separate channels in AUM for each channel of my audio interface. Thank you. Sorry for bad English. Not my native language.

Yes, as stated in the Frequently Asked Questions here http://kymatica.com/aum#faq :)

Just insert a Stereo to Mono effect node, then drag its knob all the way to L or R. You'll find them under "Stereo Processing".

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 06:11:37 PM »

Yes, as stated in the Frequently Asked Questions here http://kymatica.com/aum#faq :)

Just insert a Stereo to Mono effect node, then drag its knob all the way to L or R. You'll find them under "Stereo Processing".

Did you plan to make mono input and output selection for audio interfaces by default without need to send L or R channel to other track?

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2016, 07:42:44 PM »

Did you plan to make mono input and output selection for audio interfaces by default without need to send L or R channel to other track?

No need to send anything, just make two channel strips like this:

Input 1+2 -> mono L -> ...
Input 1+2 -> mono R -> ...

But yes, this is a very common question, so I'll add a way to select a single input channel directly, not needing to add the stereo-to-mono node.

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 05:32:57 PM »
Oh a thought, audioshare has slide over support, maybe add side by side so you can use audioshare and AUM at the same time ? I know it's not available for older devices but still..
It would be awesome :)

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 08:58:15 PM »
Oh a thought, audioshare has slide over support, maybe add side by side so you can use audioshare and AUM at the same time ? I know it's not available for older devices but still..
It would be awesome :)

Yep, split-screen and slide-over in AUM would be awesome, hopefully will find the time to add this some time, it involves a bit of re-work of the layout handling.. AudioShare supports both already.

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 07:14:05 PM »
Chord pads and strum row lilke chordion

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 08:15:03 PM »
Chord pads and strum row lilke chordion

I think stuff like that would be better suited in dedicated MIDI controller apps. I want to keep the focus of AUM aimed at mixing and routing.

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2016, 05:33:09 PM »
Hello, I'm allready using AUM as my main music production hub, it's really incredible !

I don't know if someone suggested that, but I feel like having the option to quantize to the bar the mute/solo button would be very useful (like the record and file player) does it make sense?

Congratulations again !

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2016, 08:49:46 PM »
Hello, I'm allready using AUM as my main music production hub, it's really incredible !

I don't know if someone suggested that, but I feel like having the option to quantize to the bar the mute/solo button would be very useful (like the record and file player) does it make sense?

Congratulations again !

Thanks for the suggestion! That's an interesting thought, I'll add it to my list of things to consider for future updates.

Cheers

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 07:02:48 PM »
First and Foremost - Great app. Adapting this for use on a keyboard rig for live use and loving the simplicity and ease of use.

My request is for some way to reduce the size of the channel graphics on the screen when multiple channels exceed the screen space.  It would be nice to have a compact view option so we can monitor more channels at once in a single view rather than having to swipe to get to channels not seen on the screen.

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 07:18:27 PM »
Do you plan to add more IAA/Audiobus outputs? 4 is not enough. I think at least 8 will be good.

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 09:47:45 PM »
First and Foremost - Great app. Adapting this for use on a keyboard rig for live use and loving the simplicity and ease of use.

Thanks!

My request is for some way to reduce the size of the channel graphics on the screen when multiple channels exceed the screen space.  It would be nice to have a compact view option so we can monitor more channels at once in a single view rather than having to swipe to get to channels not seen on the screen.

This is a common request :) And I have a bunch of overlapping ideas about this, so will need to give it plenty of thought before making such a big change in design/UX etc.. one is a compact view, another zoom out (like when you drag a channel down to re-order them), another is a live performance screen with lots of stuff including midi controllers, another is collapsable channel groups, another is screen setups for instant switching between defined screens, etc..

So, something will happen sometime, but not sure what or when yet!

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2016, 09:50:18 PM »
Do you plan to add more IAA/Audiobus outputs? 4 is not enough. I think at least 8 will be good.

Yes, I'll add 4 more.

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2016, 01:03:46 PM »
Loving this app so much - quick feature suggestion that i haven't seen in this list or on FAQ - auto-creation of bus channels on first assignment?

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2016, 01:15:38 PM »
Loving this app so much - quick feature suggestion that i haven't seen in this list or on FAQ - auto-creation of bus channels on first assignment?

Thanks!

Could you explain that feature a bit more? Do you mean something like: when choosing a bus as destination or adding a bus send in a channel, and there's currently no channel receiving on that bus, then auto-create a new channel that receives on that bus?

johnp

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2016, 10:45:00 AM »
I am creating/saving so many variations of sessions that it would be really helpful to allow folder creation to store session files.   Also, once a recording gets saved, I need to scroll all the way past the sessions files and then navigate to the specific folder in the files area to play the file(s) I just recorded.  This can get a little tedious when performing many recordings.  Maybe there is an easier way but figured I would suggest the navigation needed to do this become a little more streamlined.  Thanks.

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2016, 10:57:45 AM »
I am creating/saving so many variations of sessions that it would be really helpful to allow folder creation to store session files.   Also, once a recording gets saved, I need to scroll all the way past the sessions files and then navigate to the specific folder in the files area to play the file(s) I just recorded.  This can get a little tedious when performing many recordings.  Maybe there is an easier way but figured I would suggest the navigation needed to do this become a little more streamlined.  Thanks.

Yeah, I can totally see that. Apart from adding folder support (on my TODO), perhaps it would make sense that after tapping FILES you see only two top "folders", like this?

- Sessions
- Recordings

Then tap sessions to see all sessions, or recordings to see all recordings?

johnp

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2016, 11:48:07 AM »
Yeah, I can totally see that. Apart from adding folder support (on my TODO), perhaps it would make sense that after tapping FILES you see only two top "folders", like this?

- Sessions
- Recordings

Going an extra level deep to get to the sessions or recordings wouldn't be ideal imo.  If anything, I would rather eliminate the "Files" choice and move Sessions and Recording up a level.  Though I can understand your wanting to keep the interface uncluttered and streamlined.

Having to re-navigate to find the folder/recording you were previously working with every time you close the browser is the real issue.  Ideally, it would just retain the previously selected position in the file browser.  Or maybe make it a config option to retain last position.  This would go far with regards to workflow efficiencies.

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2016, 11:54:53 AM »

- Sessions
- Recordings

Going an extra level deep to get to the sessions or recordings wouldn't be ideal imo.  If anything, I would rather eliminate the "Files" choice and move Sessions and Recording up a level.  Though I can understand your wanting to keep the interface uncluttered and streamlined.

Are you sure? It's just one additional tap, which is probably better than having to scroll all the way down.

There's no room in the menu for an additional icon, and it would ruin the design :)
I also want all menu icons to be visible on iPhone.

Having to re-navigate to find the folder/recording you were previously working with every time you close the browser is the real issue.  Ideally, it would just retain the previously selected position in the file browser.  Or maybe make it a config option to retain last position.  This would go far with regards to workflow efficiencies.

Ok, so basically that when you open it next time it's already in the folder you had opened last time?

johnp

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2016, 12:38:03 PM »
Are you sure? It's just one additional tap, which is probably better than having to scroll all the way down.

There's no room in the menu for an additional icon, and it would ruin the design :)

If folder creation is eventually added for sessions, you won't need the extra level.  Until then, the remember last folder location suggestion would solve this the best.

Ok, so basically that when you open it next time it's already in the folder you had opened last time?

Exactly.  I would guess that would benefit a large portion of your users who are doing a lot of recording.  I personally am constantly switching between recording and wanting to hear my recording immediately.  For those use cases where the existing behavior makes more sense, then making this a configurable option might be something to consider.

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2016, 03:26:42 PM »

If folder creation is eventually added for sessions, you won't need the extra level.  Until then, the remember last folder location suggestion would solve this the best.

Exactly.  I would guess that would benefit a large portion of your users who are doing a lot of recording.  I personally am constantly switching between recording and wanting to hear my recording immediately.  For those use cases where the existing behavior makes more sense, then making this a configurable option might be something to consider.

Code: [Select]
commit 59ea16d822bf68fc66a493d5fe7fb765332080b4
Author: Jonatan Liljedahl <lijon@kymatica.com>
Date:   Fri Mar 11 15:25:43 2016 +0100

File browser: remember last recording folder that was open when closing menu, and begin from there next time file browser is opened

:)

johnp

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2016, 05:52:29 PM »

File browser: remember last recording folder that was open when closing menu, and begin from there next time file browser is opened

Awesome! 

johnp

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2016, 08:16:53 PM »
Another relatively minor feature request would be to allow for an alternate way of playing the recordings by just clicking on the small icon in the file browser listing rather than requiring you to go one level deeper to play each recording.  Much like how you have it in your AudioShare app.  I find myself needing to quickly preview a number of recordings to locate the particular take I need and this was a breeze in AudioShare.

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2016, 02:44:15 PM »
Another relatively minor feature request would be to allow for an alternate way of playing the recordings by just clicking on the small icon in the file browser listing rather than requiring you to go one level deeper to play each recording.  Much like how you have it in your AudioShare app.  I find myself needing to quickly preview a number of recordings to locate the particular take I need and this was a breeze in AudioShare.

I can understand that. On the other hand, the preview screen provides additional features as well: you can locate to various parts of the file, show it in audioshare, export it, etc..

johnp

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2016, 05:00:12 AM »

I can understand that. On the other hand, the preview screen provides additional features as well: you can locate to various parts of the file, show it in audioshare, export it, etc..

Absolutely... I really should have said "additional" way rather than "alternate" way of playing the recordings.  I use those features you mentioned a lot and and love how well AUM and AudioShare compliment each other.

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2016, 12:33:49 PM »
Would it be possible to add an option for or maybe change the way the recording works,  don't like the way it starts recording immediately , I would prefer if it "arms" then when I play the session it starts recording. So I can for ex change into an app and press  play from audiobus remote control.
Just a thought

And maybe an option to set the loop length for recording? 8 bars then auto save and start another 8 bars recording, that way it would be awesome to record overdubs and progressions ;)

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2016, 03:26:45 PM »
Would it be possible to add an option for or maybe change the way the recording works,  don't like the way it starts recording immediately , I would prefer if it "arms" then when I play the session it starts recording. So I can for ex change into an app and press  play from audiobus remote control.
Just a thought

The rec arm is per channel. You can just tap the REC button in the audiobus remote control to start recording. You can also start playing first, and start recording later. Even start/end recording multiple times while transport is playing.

And maybe an option to set the loop length for recording? 8 bars then auto save and start another 8 bars recording, that way it would be awesome to record overdubs and progressions ;)

In the current beta of AUM, recording quantizes both start and end, so you can record exactly 8 bars, or anything.

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2016, 11:46:29 PM »
Great App!!! Now clearly in the centre of my guitar practice, so many possibility with low latency, plus the UI is minimal and brilliant.
A little suggestion on adding a bit more options to the metronome. I'm mostly playing jazz for which metronom click is great to be on 2 and 4. May we have possibility to select the beats, as well as different sounds, the current Bip being slightly dry to play over for acoustic music style?
Thank you again for this App,
Pierre

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2016, 07:36:41 PM »
Great App!!! Now clearly in the centre of my guitar practice, so many possibility with low latency, plus the UI is minimal and brilliant.
A little suggestion on adding a bit more options to the metronome. I'm mostly playing jazz for which metronom click is great to be on 2 and 4. May we have possibility to select the beats, as well as different sounds, the current Bip being slightly dry to play over for acoustic music style?
Pierre

Thanks! Could you expand a bit on what you mean with "on 2 and 4"?

I'll think about the possibility for different metronome sounds, adding some more acoustic alternatives.

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2016, 10:59:57 PM »
Pierre

I'll think about the possibility for different metronome sounds, adding some more acoustic alternatives.

When practicing Swing Jazz with a metronom, it's common to have it clicking only on beats 2 and 4 on a 4/4 time signature, meaning [1-2-3-4]-[1-2-3-4]- become [(silence)-2-(silence)-4]-[(silence)-2-(silence)-4]- which mimic the drum hi-hat. I hope it clarifies.
Thanks,
Pierre

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2016, 01:22:47 PM »
Pierre

When practicing Swing Jazz with a metronom, it's common to have it clicking only on beats 2 and 4 on a 4/4 time signature, meaning [1-2-3-4]-[1-2-3-4]- become [(silence)-2-(silence)-4]-[(silence)-2-(silence)-4]- which mimic the drum hi-hat. I hope it clarifies.
Thanks,
Pierre

Thanks. So which one would be accentuated, 2 or 4 or none of them?
Perhaps one could add a custom "metronome pattern"?

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2016, 05:27:45 PM »
Just a thought

The rec arm is per channel. You can just tap the REC button in the audiobus remote control to start recording. You can also start playing first, and start recording later. Even start/end recording multiple times while transport is playing.

In the current beta of AUM, recording quantizes both start and end, so you can record exactly 8 bars, or anything.

Yes i Saw that bit what i mean is for example I am playing a loop in another app, so I arm track in AUM then when I press the "global play" in ab remote it starts playing and recording, right now it starts playing, the track is armed but I have to press the record button to start the recording, are you with me ? What I can do is to start AUM and record then press play in ab remote but that gives me a bunch of silence in the beginning that I have to crop away, any ways AUM is awesome and you're awesome and I. Really hope you don't think I'm douch for coming with suggestions :)

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2016, 09:44:29 PM »
Yes i Saw that bit what i mean is for example I am playing a loop in another app, so I arm track in AUM then when I press the "global play" in ab remote it starts playing and recording, right now it starts playing, the track is armed but I have to press the record button to start the recording, are you with me ? What I can do is to start AUM and record then press play in ab remote but that gives me a bunch of silence in the beginning that I have to crop away, any ways AUM is awesome and you're awesome and I. Really hope you don't think I'm douch for coming with suggestions :)

No worries :) However, as far as I can see you can already do what you want:

- arm a channel in AUM
- go to another app
- tap the AUM's REC trigger button in the AB connection panel

If AUM was currently stopped, it will just start recording (and playing) directly.
If it was already playing, it will start recording on the next sync quantum boundary (1 bar by default).

Or maybe I totally misunderstood?

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2016, 07:01:21 AM »
well almost what you say works fine, but, when i press rec in AB remote it starts recording but "all" the other apps wont start playing (that are in AudioBus) lets do an example, if i use the "new" Blocs Wave app, and i have a nice loop going on, and i want to sample that into AUM.

so i want to play the loop from the beginning in Blocs and record it, i arm in AUM, but when i press REC from AB remote, Blocs (and all other apps in AB) wont start play until i press Play in AB remote. that means right now i have to press Rec for AUM and it starts recording, then i have to press Play either in AB remote or in the app itself, and it records just fine but i get silence in the beginning.

a way to "fix" it would be to not start recording imediatly when i press rec in transport meny but instead arming AUM for recording and start record when i press PLAY (if AUM isnt already playing)

i dont know how to explain this in any other way, i can make a video of it when i get home.

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2016, 10:46:46 AM »
well almost what you say works fine, but, when i press rec in AB remote it starts recording but "all" the other apps wont start playing (that are in AudioBus) lets do an example, if i use the "new" Blocs Wave app, and i have a nice loop going on, and i want to sample that into AUM.

so i want to play the loop from the beginning in Blocs and record it, i arm in AUM, but when i press REC from AB remote, Blocs (and all other apps in AB) wont start play until i press Play in AB remote. that means right now i have to press Rec for AUM and it starts recording, then i have to press Play either in AB remote or in the app itself, and it records just fine but i get silence in the beginning.

a way to "fix" it would be to not start recording imediatly when i press rec in transport meny but instead arming AUM for recording and start record when i press PLAY (if AUM isnt already playing)

i dont know how to explain this in any other way, i can make a video of it when i get home.

Right, now I see what you mean. One issue is that Blocs has no sync, so it will not be possible to sample a perfect loop of it. If it had IAA sync, it would simply start when AUM starts recording and playing, if hosted in AUM or connected to AUM in Audiobus (yes, IAA host sync *does* work through Audiobus as well!). If it had Link, you could just tap play on Blocs and REC in AUM within approximately the same time frame and both would start at the next bar.

You might come close if you set the exact same tempo in both, and start playing AUM and Blocs globally from Audiobus Remote, then tap REC in AUM to start recording at the next bar. However, chances are it will not be entirely in phase, since Blocs has no sync!

Really, recording a perfect loop from a non-synchronized source is not possible. You will need to trim it.

Regarding your suggestion, even if AUM and Blocs would start at "the same time", there's no guarantee that they actually do start exactly on the same time without having a real sync mechanism implemented. Each app might have different prepare-to-play times, leading to time offsets between them.

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2016, 11:27:09 AM »
true yeah youre right, iam going to try that with link and same tempo, but at least i was able to rephrase it so you understood :)

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2016, 12:20:24 PM »
true yeah youre right, iam going to try that with link and same tempo, but at least i was able to rephrase it so you understood :)

Ok :) Well, Link won't help in this case because Blocs doesn't implement Link or any other kind of sync currently. I'm sure they'll add it in the future though!

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2016, 12:23:01 PM »
true link wont help but AUM will atleast start the recording at the first beat :)

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2016, 12:26:04 PM »
true link wont help but AUM will atleast start the recording at the first beat :)

It will! (Even without link) :)

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2016, 01:10:50 AM »
Sync quantum per channel please !!!

Last track created in AUM: https://renetik.bandcamp.com/track/nech-uz-slnko-svieti

johnp

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2016, 09:13:56 AM »

Awesome!

Really appreciate this feature in the new version.  Much easier to quickly playback my recordings.  Thank you!

MIDI sequencing?
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2016, 04:31:20 AM »
Wow. AUM is the first app to truly bring together all the disparate bits of audio production on iOS and present them in an intuitive interface. If you aren't careful, Apple may try to hire you! :)

I have one request/question, because this is the one part that would pull the puzzle together for me: MIDI sequencer? From within AUM itself?

I understand wanting to leave MIDI to dedicated apps, but I am a bit stumped as to the simplest way to send MIDI to AUM channels--mainly because the only MIDI sequencing app that I can put up with at all is Sunvox, and it already does most everything. Problem is, it cannot receive audio input from more than one source at a time, as far as I have been able to figure out.

Are you going to make me buy a hardware sequencer? :)

Or is there a straightforward MIDI sequencing app that does not try to be a full-blown DAW? Except for Sunvox, all of those I have tried to use are buggy and/or use spaghetti-inspired routing structures. AUM is so smooth to set up--MIDI on top would be ultra super mega smooth.

For what it is worth, I am running iOS 8.4 and don't see an upgrade in my future. Lotsa reasons, but you don't want to know the details of my love/hate relationship with Apple. I mean, not so soon; we just met. :)

Awesome app BTW.

josef k must have been traduced

Re: MIDI sequencing?
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2016, 02:37:15 PM »
Wow. AUM is the first app to truly bring together all the disparate bits of audio production on iOS and present them in an intuitive interface. If you aren't careful, Apple may try to hire you! :)

I have one request/question, because this is the one part that would pull the puzzle together for me: MIDI sequencer? From within AUM itself?

I understand wanting to leave MIDI to dedicated apps, but I am a bit stumped as to the simplest way to send MIDI to AUM channels--mainly because the only MIDI sequencing app that I can put up with at all is Sunvox, and it already does most everything. Problem is, it cannot receive audio input from more than one source at a time, as far as I have been able to figure out.

Are you going to make me buy a hardware sequencer? :)

Or is there a straightforward MIDI sequencing app that does not try to be a full-blown DAW? Except for Sunvox, all of those I have tried to use are buggy and/or use spaghetti-inspired routing structures. AUM is so smooth to set up--MIDI on top would be ultra super mega smooth.

I haven't investigated the available MIDI sequencer apps much yet, but I do have some plans for my own dedicated MIDI sequencer app that would integrate very smoothly with AUM. It would almost feel like two screens of the same app, but also work as a standalone sequencer app without AUM. However, that's a huge project and can hopefully be started next year..

For what it is worth, I am running iOS 8.4 and don't see an upgrade in my future. Lotsa reasons, but you don't want to know the details of my love/hate relationship with Apple. I mean, not so soon; we just met. :)

Awesome app BTW.

I've heard that people are quite happy with iOS 9.3, actually that it's better than iOS 8 regarding audio production. Apple broke a lot of stuff with iOS 8 that was working fine in iOS 7, and iOS 9 fixes it again.

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2016, 10:08:03 PM »
I think it will be great if we can mark multiple recorded tracks at a time for further opening in other app. Now we can only export single track.

Another thing. It will be great to select multiple hardware outputs for each channel. So we can create separate monitor mixes for band members. For example.

Re: MIDI sequencing?
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2016, 12:11:25 AM »
I haven't investigated the available MIDI sequencer apps much yet, but I do have some plans for my own dedicated MIDI sequencer app that would integrate very smoothly with AUM. It would almost feel like two screens of the same app, but also work as a standalone sequencer app without AUM. However, that's a huge project and can hopefully be started next year..

Well there we are: problem solved. Eventually, with luck and hopes and all that. :)

FWIW, I did a search of my own that turned up Genome, which has apparently been around forever but somehow I've never managed to use the very straightforward search terms " MIDI sequencer" before.  Or something? Anyway, it plays well with AUM and all of the apps I tried it with between midnight and 4am this morning.

So I'll be ok for now.

I've heard that people are quite happy with iOS 9.3, actually that it's better than iOS 8 regarding audio production. Apple broke a lot of stuff with iOS 8 that was working fine in iOS 7, and iOS 9 fixes it again.

That's cool. I haven't run into major obstacles with 8.4 other than Beatmaker acting really flakey on it. But I won't update unless a jailbreak becomes available. Again, lots of reasons, but the main one has become one of accessibility: without f.lux *and* a custom color profile, I cannot look at this backlit screen without risking several hours of pain. It's a neurological thing that is fairly rare, but I know that the whiter-than-the-sun white point is causing other folks pain as well. I could go off on how much Apple cares about access to their tightly-controlled utopia. I'll stop,with that though.

And thank you for making dark interfaces with crisp vector graphics! I wish everyone would do that.
josef k must have been traduced

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2016, 10:12:34 AM »
YES to a dedicated sequencer with adjustable step length up to 64 steps, with the possibility of running multiple instances with a master on/off...WOW...

One per track, One assignable midi channel, LINK,, I think I gladly sell my BeatStepPro....

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2016, 12:12:27 PM »
I think it will be great if we can mark multiple recorded tracks at a time for further opening in other app. Now we can only export single track.

Unfortunately, the iOS mechanism for export (to file provider extensions) and open-in-other-app only allows one file at a time. There's no way to transfer a bunch of files at a time to another app using the available built-in mechanisms.

Another thing. It will be great to select multiple hardware outputs for each channel. So we can create separate monitor mixes for band members. For example.

You can do that already using mix busses. Make one channel per monitor, receiving on separate busses, then use Bus Sends on the normal channels to send to each monitor.

I might add Hardware Sends as well as Bus Sends in a future update to make such use cases even simpler, and without needing to "waste" mix busses for this purpose.

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2016, 07:57:10 PM »
This request is out of a current need and a wish to simplify using it without going through a prolonged midi set up process.

We would like to use AUM live for a midi keyboard rig. The current problem is though it's great to be able to save presets it would be REAAAALLY nice to have sub-presets that could be controlled inside the preset itself.

Currently we use AUM to control the audio signal coming from two external keyboards (MiniBrute and MicroKorg) and host three keyboard apps (ILectric, IGrand, and Galileo). Our keyboard player often needs to switch between Piano to Organ mid-song. The only way we've found to do that is by muting/unmuting.

Our keyboard player often needs to switch keyboard apps mid-song which if not done quickly can cause obvious problems in a live setting (IE; between piano and organ).

What would be nice is to have assignable sub-presets on screen within the main preset so we could do these swaps instantly. This could also be handy for toggeling effects, app and effect volume levels...etc.

Now that I have written this all out I fear I overlooked something and the feature already exists. If not, this would be a great addition!

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2016, 12:17:53 PM »
This request is out of a current need and a wish to simplify using it without going through a prolonged midi set up process.

We would like to use AUM live for a midi keyboard rig. The current problem is though it's great to be able to save presets it would be REAAAALLY nice to have sub-presets that could be controlled inside the preset itself.

Currently we use AUM to control the audio signal coming from two external keyboards (MiniBrute and MicroKorg) and host three keyboard apps (ILectric, IGrand, and Galileo). Our keyboard player often needs to switch between Piano to Organ mid-song. The only way we've found to do that is by muting/unmuting.

Our keyboard player often needs to switch keyboard apps mid-song which if not done quickly can cause obvious problems in a live setting (IE; between piano and organ).

What would be nice is to have assignable sub-presets on screen within the main preset so we could do these swaps instantly. This could also be handy for toggeling effects, app and effect volume levels...etc.

Now that I have written this all out I fear I overlooked something and the feature already exists. If not, this would be a great addition!

Yes, I can see the need for some solution here. One thing that I'm planning to add is MIDI param range controls, that also allows inverting a MIDI control. That means you could set up one CC knob/slider on a MIDI controller to crossfade between two level faders or bus sends etc.

However, even at this point, if you have a MIDI controller that sends midi notes, you can assign the same note to toggle MUTE on two channels, and manually set MUTE on one of them first. Now, each time you send the note message, both MUTEs will toggle to the other state. Well, this only works for switching between two channels, of course..

So another idea that I've been thinking of sounds pretty much like your "sub-presets" idea. It would be like "snapshots" of all parameters (AU plugins state, level faders, sends, filters, etc..), that could be recalled by MIDI note or program change messages, as well as by tapping a button inside AUM itself.

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2016, 05:17:51 PM »
Hi Jonatan,

Though I haven't read the whole thread, here are some suggestion from a daily user:

1: The midi routing matrix is way too small to show all my midi apps and gear. I need to scroll a lot in both axis to create a specific connection. I wish that the side window would adjust itself to show the entire matrix. It would be very helpful. Otherwise, it's a clever design and works flawlessly.

2: I wish that fx slots would not only offer pre/post fader option , but also a mix (wet/dry) fader.

I can't wait to see more AU. I wish that some app such as Touch OSC would integrate AU allowing custom controls right from AUM screen.

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2016, 12:19:24 PM »
1: The midi routing matrix is way too small to show all my midi apps and gear. I need to scroll a lot in both axis to create a specific connection. I wish that the side window would adjust itself to show the entire matrix. It would be very helpful. Otherwise, it's a clever design and works flawlessly.

I'm thinking of making it an almost-fullscreen view instead. And perhaps tweak the UI a bit, for example the cells could be smaller by removing the second "type" row of each endpoint, and instead encode the type (hardware, built-in, virtual, IAA/AU, etc) as color and/or a small symbol. That way one could fit a larger matrix on the same space.

2: I wish that fx slots would not only offer pre/post fader option , but also a mix (wet/dry) fader.

All effects that I know of already has their own dry/wet mix, if needed. You can of course blend it yourself by leaving them at 100% wet and then use bus sends in AUM to an effect bus. I think it might become confusing if there was an extra dry/wet knob on each fx in AUM, for IAA/AU effects that also has their own. Also, there's no room in the UI for it, IAA/AU effects that take MIDI input already has a menu button there.

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2016, 03:27:20 AM »
I want to keep the focus of AUM aimed at mixing and routing.

Speaking of routing, would a midi channel router be out of scope?

For example, say I have a keyboard controller sending midi out on channel 1 and I have a bunch of apps/sounds set to different midi channels. There currently isn't really an easy way to switch between or combine the sounds from the different apps/sounds using the keyboard controller.

My Korg taktile has 8 function buttons and if I could program each button as a midi channel on/off selector to send midi to the corresponding channels (1-8) right from AUM - including combining and sending to multiple midi channels - that would be so cool. Midibridge kind of does this, but it acts more like a midi channel switcher and not a combiner - unless you have already created presets of combinations. But creating unique combinations on the fly would be the best part.

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2016, 09:58:52 AM »
I want to keep the focus of AUM aimed at mixing and routing.

Speaking of routing, would a midi channel router be out of scope?

For example, say I have a keyboard controller sending midi out on channel 1 and I have a bunch of apps/sounds set to different midi channels. There currently isn't really an easy way to switch between or combine the sounds from the different apps/sounds using the keyboard controller.

My Korg taktile has 8 function buttons and if I could program each button as a midi channel on/off selector to send midi to the corresponding channels (1-8) right from AUM - including combining and sending to multiple midi channels - that would be so cool. Midibridge kind of does this, but it acts more like a midi channel switcher and not a combiner - unless you have already created presets of combinations. But creating unique combinations on the fly would be the best part.

Interesting ideas, and I'll give it some thought later on when I start working on the 1.2 update. I think there's two features in this idea:

1. The ability to remap channels (per destination, or source, or per connection?)
2. The ability to toggle connections on or off in the MIDI matrix via MIDI messages.

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2016, 03:12:33 PM »

Interesting ideas, and I'll give it some thought later on when I start working on the 1.2 update. I think there's two features in this idea:

1. The ability to remap channels (per destination, or source, or per connection?)
2. The ability to toggle connections on or off in the MIDI matrix via MIDI messages.

I was thinking everything would be all pre-connected in the matrix but apps/devices would only listen on their designated midi channel, which would somehow be intercepted and either rerouted to another midi channel (switching) or duplicated and sent to another midi channel (combining).

I think of ThumbJam, where the 8 different instrument channels are assigned to midi channels 1-8 (if omni mode is set to off). Since my midi controller only has the option to send messages either on a single channel or on all channels, how do I access or combine the different sounds live all from the controller? This seems like such a common request, there must be a way to easily do this already that I am overlooking. I think I will ask over at the AB forum how people are doing this (sorry for thinking out loud here). :)

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2016, 09:00:52 PM »

I was thinking everything would be all pre-connected in the matrix but apps/devices would only listen on their designated midi channel, which would somehow be intercepted and either rerouted to another midi channel (switching) or duplicated and sent to another midi channel (combining).

I think of ThumbJam, where the 8 different instrument channels are assigned to midi channels 1-8 (if omni mode is set to off). Since my midi controller only has the option to send messages either on a single channel or on all channels, how do I access or combine the different sounds live all from the controller? This seems like such a common request, there must be a way to easily do this already that I am overlooking. I think I will ask over at the AB forum how people are doing this (sorry for thinking out loud here). :)

In the AUM matrix you can filter out which channels the apps listen to. In AUM MIDI routing, touch on the name of the app you're trying to send MIDI to on the right side of the grid and set it up so that only the channels you want to receive MIDI have white channel number(s) (active channel). The apps or sources along the top of the MIDI routing grid send MIDI out. Depending upon the MIDI implementation of the app this may or may not work.

If this doesn't work you can go to the settings in the app you're trying to send MIDI to. If the app deals with MIDI independently of the MIDI grid in AUM (changes you make in AUM MIDI routings don't effect how the app plays), I would consider unchecking its square in AUM MIDI routings to make sure you're not getting duplicate MIDI sent to the app. In general apps can listen to all MIDI sent, specific channels or all channels (omni), can receive MIDI from other apps that send out via virtual MIDI ports, have their own virtual MIDI ports you can send MIDI to, or some combination of the above. In means the app is receiving MIDI and out means an app is sending MIDI.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:04:19 PM by Paulinko »

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2016, 09:38:36 PM »

Ok, then this could be done if the MIDI channel filters in AUM (available for IAA and AU midi receiving nodes) could be switched on/off by MIDI messages. It could listen for those (note on/off or pgm change?) on any channel. But this would be only for IAA/AUs, so maybe something more generic would be better. But I wonder if this wouldn't be better done by a separate advanced MiDI routing/filtering app. Perhaps send a feature request for MidiFlow? :)

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2016, 05:00:29 AM »
I think it will be awesome if we can switch between sub mixes. One main window for the main mix and other for sub mixes. This allows us not to swipe left or right to reach the certain channel if we have many channels with different outputs. I hope you understand what I mean. Also it will be cool to somehow scale the interface to fit 8 channels on screen in landscape mode (now we can only see 4 in landscape and 3 in portrait modes)

Re: Feature Requests ->Apple's ReplayKit integration
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2016, 11:19:15 AM »
Apple's ReplayKit  (in-app screencorder)  would be good for doing tutorials or sharing methods/setups etc...and could lead to wider exposure via YouTube for instance.

« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2016, 02:58:35 PM »
Apple's ReplayKit  (in-app screencorder)  would be good for doing tutorials or sharing methods/setups etc...and could lead to wider exposure via YouTube for instance.

Interesting idea, I'll investigate that!

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2016, 07:11:40 AM »
Interesting idea, I'll investigate that!

When using hardware outs exclusively, say 8 outputs...it would be useful to have an option for the meters for 'USB Σ Out' This would reflect what is seen on a DAW when summing the 8 inputs to a Bus for monitoring. If this summed signal could be routed to the headphones it would be very useful...but it seems that plugging in phones cancels the USB audio output in iOS?

« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2016, 10:56:54 AM »
When using hardware outs exclusively, say 8 outputs...it would be useful to have an option for the meters for 'USB Σ Out' This would reflect what is seen on a DAW when summing the 8 inputs to a Bus for monitoring. If this summed signal could be routed to the headphones it would be very useful...but it seems that plugging in phones cancels the USB audio output in iOS?

You could sum all channels to a bus channel in AUM, using Bus Sends at 100%, and use that to see the sum signal level, as well as routing it to an extra headphone output on your soundcard if it has 10 channels or more.

Allowing both built-in headphone jack + USB audio interface is called "Multiroute" and is theoretically possible, but last time I tried it didn't work well in combination with other apps.

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2016, 12:23:13 PM »

You could sum all channels to a bus channel in AUM, using Bus Sends at 100%, and use that to see the sum signal level

Yeah that's what I'll have to do, in every session with a different output count. Maybe put it on your 'nice to have' list as it's a way elegant feature.

Feature Requests
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2016, 04:36:54 AM »
Whilst working on a live voice/ guitar setup, I felt the following would prove very useful:

Mute nodes -  Monitor channel whilst switching nodes in and out

Parallel nodes - Instead of cluttering the interface with say 3 extra channels for parallel FX, make the nodes rout-able.

Clone channel - Either directly or via templates

Live learn - Allow a single physical knob/ slider to control the current touched parameter via long press. This would be awesome, big fingers/ small controls = hard to see and adjust values. Would be a massive workflow/ speed improvement.

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2016, 10:08:58 AM »
Whilst working on a live voice/ guitar setup, I felt the following would prove very useful:

Mute nodes -  Monitor channel whilst switching nodes in and out

Parallel nodes - Instead of cluttering the interface with say 3 extra channels for parallel FX, make the nodes rout-able.

Clone channel - Either directly or via templates

Live learn - Allow a single physical knob/ slider to control the current touched parameter via long press. This would be awesome, big fingers/ small controls = hard to see and adjust values. Would be a massive workflow/ speed improvement.

You can mute/bypass nodes already, by swiping them into the eject position.

I don't think I'll add parallel effect nodes. You'll need to use channels for that, which allows very complex routing together with busses and sends, etc.

Cloning channels and nodes is on my TODO list, also with some smart stuff so you could clone a bus send into a pre-configured bus receive channel, etc.

I agree that a quick MIDI learn would be great, will give this some consideration!

Cheers
/Jonatan

XiK

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2016, 10:35:52 AM »
I would like to request built in Reverb effect. I know IAA is possible, I just find the built in effects to be quick and easy, with no need to load anything and face potential problems. Built in Reverb would be especially good for looping files that already contain reverb, to avoid that brief reverb cutoff at the end of a loop.

« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2016, 02:31:01 PM »

Hello Jonatan! Already bought and experienced a bit your great app! Seems to be a nice replacement for audiobus+mimix combination in my setup.

What I really would like to request is adding some midi processing (possibly you could make every cell in a matrix to open a small window with the configurations?). The features which are very relevant at least for me are:
1. Ability to filter out notes beside a specified range.
2. To transpose for a fixed number of half-steps.
3. (already mentioned) remap and filter out channels.
4. Ability to send program changes at preset load.

Maybe you could implement this not for every cell, but as a pre/post processing for an every app, or maybe even combine these features.

I understand that midi processing is not a main goal of your app, but if you already offer a routing matrix, some minimal processing would be very nice and would allow users to get rid of one more app in their setup.

Best regards,
Denis

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2016, 11:21:04 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! Channel filtering and note range filtering is already there, for IAA and AU destinations. (Tap the destination name in the matrix to see those settings)

Hello Jonatan! Already bought and experienced a bit your great app! Seems to be a nice replacement for audiobus+mimix combination in my setup.

What I really would like to request is adding some midi processing (possibly you could make every cell in a matrix to open a small window with the configurations?). The features which are very relevant at least for me are:
1. Ability to filter out notes beside a specified range.
2. To transpose for a fixed number of half-steps.
3. (already mentioned) remap and filter out channels.
4. Ability to send program changes at preset load.

Maybe you could implement this not for every cell, but as a pre/post processing for an every app, or maybe even combine these features.

I understand that midi processing is not a main goal of your app, but if you already offer a routing matrix, some minimal processing would be very nice and would allow users to get rid of one more app in their setup.

Best regards,
Denis

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2016, 05:26:23 PM »
Thank you for your note, Jonatan, now I see it.
Will it be possible to implement the same features for virtual midi?
I'm also wondering is it possible somehow to make a "duplicate" output of the same app, because some apps (e.g. SampleTank) allow multi-voicing, up to 4 instruments at a time. They are separable by MIDI channels, and thus would be nice feature to make a separate routing to those.

Thanks for the feedback! Channel filtering and note range filtering is already there, for IAA and AU destinations. (Tap the destination name in the matrix to see those settings)

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2016, 04:03:05 AM »
Great app!!!
I'm using it as a live mixer to select which sound module I wish to play. Right now I'm using the skin from each app and its keyboard to play them. The way I like to switch between sound modules is to keep all of the top round icons slid to the left and then slide the one I wish to use to the right. I then tap it to open the skin/keyboard from each app. That way I don't have to use the solo/mute buttons to select the module. Using those makes me have to tap two different locations on your app plus the top round icons are nice and large so I can see them being used. The only problem with that is that the eject arrow is exposed to the right of each round icon and can be accidentally touched which removes the module from the mixer. If there were a way to disable/enable the eject arrow it would help my situation. There are two reasons why I do this. One is because the keyboard in your app is too small and three of my module apps won't play from your keyboard. They are Manetron, M-3000 and Vogel CMI. Mute point in a way because the M-3000 skin/keyboard is essential and can't be replaced by a simple keyboard.

« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2016, 11:01:31 AM »
Hello,

Thank you so much for this master app.
I use it as the central piece of everything in conbination with audiobus and modstep and it is just amazing.

Few things ...

- Another UI allowing more channels on the screen at the same time will be great, on my iPad Pro each channel is really big, it's cool but smaller will be more efficient. Sure that the best will be to have the ability to choose the UI we want to use, but if not, smaller is really the one I will choose.

- A remote, displayed on another iPad, as what we can do with AB will also be great. Allowing us to keep the mixer on another screen and switch from a synth to another by clicking on its icon. Quite the same than AB .... And it will allow to remove AB from the loop.   ;) .... Much more efficient.

What more .... Thanks thanks and thanks again!

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2016, 10:56:14 PM »
Thanks for the app - as well as the other apps you've put in my hands over the past few years!

I'd love to see a simple gate in the dynamics options of AUM. Especially in chaining several FX in a row, I often find myself wishing I was able to more easily gate my signals, sometimes at multiple points. This is especially true because I'm often on the road (with my phone), using a breakout cable to attach a mic to my phone (which leads to enough background noise that I want to gate things more).

Thanks again!!