Hello Guest

Simple access to recorded files

• 2 Replies
Simple access to recorded files
« on: March 02, 2016, 01:32:32 PM »
Hi, I just made a recording in AUM and tried browsing for it as I can do for files recorded in DrumJam and Loopy (with iBrowse or iFunbox)
No go. So I purchased AudioShare thinking that would make accessing those files easy.
Why are those files not viewable in the AUM or AudioShare folders through iFunbox?
For ages I wasnt able to use iTunes file sharing because of my OSX version so this was the only way to do it, but its so quick and easy just browsing the app folder and grabbing the files in Loopy for example.
I dont want to be messing about with dropbox and wifi when there is a perfectly good usb connection.
So if I copy my files to the pasteboard, how do I get them into iTunes File Sharing?
I guess for inter app audio this is great, but for simply getting files onto my desktop its quite convoluted.
What is the easy way to do this?

Re: Simple access to recorded files
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 02:06:22 PM »
The reason is that AudioShare and AUM both use a "shared app group container" to store the files, to be able to have both apps access the same files. Unfortunately such containers are not accessible through iFunBox and similar.

However, you can simply open AudioShare and move the files you want to the "iTunes File Sharing" folder, and they will then be accessible to iFunBox.

But I really encourage you to try out the AudioShare WiFi drive. I think it's easier than connecting a cable and starting iFunBox. Just tap a button in AudioShare and go to the given URL in your web browser! It uses the local network so no internet bandwidth is being wasted.

Re: Simple access to recorded files
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 12:36:20 PM »
Cool, yes I got that working.
Good to know there is a reason for it not being so simple :)
The wifi thing just adds a couple of steps to dragging files around.
I'm all about simplicity and not having to think as much as possible when I am in the flow. Bookmarking the tab helps.

I'm sure the app will become more and more useful as I go on.

Thanks!