Hello Guest

Problem Sharing from AudioShare

• 6 Replies
Problem Sharing from AudioShare
« on: March 04, 2016, 04:04:46 PM »
Hi,

I've had my AudioShare set up to also share to twitter, tumblr, Facebook, and a couple Facebook pages. I got it to work about a year ago, but it hasn't worked since. I've tried removing them, then reactivating them. I've double-checked Soundcloud and they're all active and configured there too. Only, when I share to Soundcloud from AudioShare and have all of those other platforms selected to share too as well, only Soundcloud gets shared to. I have to go to Soundcloud, then reshare from there.

Is this a known bug for AudioShare? Or, if not... do you know what I might have set up wrong?

Re: Problem Sharing from AudioShare
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 04:10:48 PM »
Hi,

I've had my AudioShare set up to also share to twitter, tumblr, Facebook, and a couple Facebook pages. I got it to work about a year ago, but it hasn't worked since. I've tried removing them, then reactivating them. I've double-checked Soundcloud and they're all active and configured there too. Only, when I share to Soundcloud from AudioShare and have all of those other platforms selected to share too as well, only Soundcloud gets shared to. I have to go to Soundcloud, then reshare from there.

Is this a known bug for AudioShare? Or, if not... do you know what I might have set up wrong?

Most probably a bug in the crappy SoundCloud SDK, which haven't been updated for ages! :)

If the sharing options in it doesn't work anymore, maybe I should remove those options from it.
Some time I should probably make my own SoundCloud SDK that works and looks better, but no time for that in the near future I'm afraid.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 04:37:09 PM »
Hi,

Most probably a bug in the crappy SoundCloud SDK, which haven't been updated for ages! :)

If the sharing options in it doesn't work anymore, maybe I should remove those options from it.
Some time I should probably make my own SoundCloud SDK that works and looks better, but no time for that in the near future I'm afraid.

If you use Soundcloud... would you mind seeing if it works for you? If it works, then that'd mean the issue is on my side. If it doesn't work for you either, I can stop trying to figure it out. ;)

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 04:41:17 PM »
Hi,

If you use Soundcloud... would you mind seeing if it works for you? If it works, then that'd mean the issue is on my side. If it doesn't work for you either, I can stop trying to figure it out. ;)

I'll try the next time I have some sounds I want to share :)

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 04:49:42 PM »
Hi,

Ok. I understand. Was just trying to figure out if the problem was AudioShare, Soundcloud... or me. ;) But, it's not that big a deal. Was hoping you'd just say, "yeah, it's a known bug on the Soundcloud side."

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 04:54:09 PM »
Hi,

Ok. I understand. Was just trying to figure out if the problem was AudioShare, Soundcloud... or me. ;) But, it's not that big a deal. Was hoping you'd just say, "yeah, it's a known bug on the Soundcloud side."

"Yeah, it's a known bug on the Soundcloud side.". ;)

No, but most probably they changed their API's without changing the SDK (since it's unmaintained), so that the sharing options doesn't have effect.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 05:13:01 PM »
Hi,

"Yeah, it's a known bug on the Soundcloud side.". ;)

No, but most probably they changed their API's without changing the SDK (since it's unmaintained), so that the sharing options doesn't have effect.

Now that I think about it... around the time Soundcloud had that big security breach/hack, is about the same time the sharing stopped working. They must've plugged everything up in a panic, but never turned some stuff back on.

Anyway, thanks.