Hello Guest

Do you plan to support Audio Unit ?

• 10 Replies
Do you plan to support Audio Unit ?
« on: March 22, 2016, 10:29:35 AM »
It would be VERY useful to run multiple instances of some effects like delay or noise gate...

Re: Do you plan to support Audio Unit ?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 10:48:13 AM »
It would be VERY useful to run multiple instances of some effects like delay or noise gate...

Yes, as soon as I find the time for it! :)

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 08:59:10 AM »
OKI I will buy them then ... Aum is really quality software so I believe your other are as well... but I need to run multiple instances.... in noise gate maybe not so important but with delay it is very important..

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 09:45:22 AM »
OKI I will buy them then ... Aum is really quality software so I believe your other are as well... but I need to run multiple instances.... in noise gate maybe not so important but with delay it is very important..

I'm also looking forward for when Jonatan has time to bring these to AU.  Using AU's in iOS is a joy and really enhances workflow and reliability/usability massively over IAA!  For the time being I've found that a very effective (and processor friendly!) work around is to use AUM to host the AU:FX series in effects busses (I use Dub and Space on Bus A, for example).  Route your instruments through that with a Bus Send, then on to the master out.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:46:54 AM by oscarsouth »

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 05:59:28 PM »

I'm also looking forward for when Jonatan has time to bring these to AU.  Using AU's in iOS is a joy and really enhances workflow and reliability/usability massively over IAA!  For the time being I've found that a very effective (and processor friendly!) work around is to use AUM to host the AU:FX series in effects busses (I use Dub and Space on Bus A, for example).  Route your instruments through that with a Bus Send, then on to the master out.
I do the same and I am very excited for AU integration.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 04:59:01 PM »
I am still hoping we see these as AUv3, such great apps!  Thanks Jonatan. Any progress on this?

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 03:32:42 PM »
Still haven't found time for this, sorry. But I will! :)

Regarding using them on effect busses, this is a highly recommended approach even for AU's where you can use multiple instances (as inserts), since it saves CPU. It's also the standard way to use reverb in a mix, to put the reverb on an effect channel and use the sends on other channels to decide the amount of reverb. (Don't forget to set the reverb all the way to WET).

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 04:46:07 AM »
+1 for AU support. 

Jonatan, I was just about to email you to ask about AU support but then saw that you have a forum, and this question had already been asked.  I specifically signed up to the forum to add my request for AU!

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 10:45:01 AM »
Please please make this happen. Your apps are fantastic. I bought the AUFX series thinking they would be AU compatible but I was mistaken. However I want to keep them (considered returning) because of good reviews. I am hankering for a decent effects unit that I can use across several channels.

If you made these AU compatible I am sure they would become the go to effects apps!

Anyways, thanks - fingers crossed this is still on your list.

Cheers

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 10:27:05 AM »
Note that especially reverb (AUFX:Space) and delay (AUFX:Dub) works great on effect sends (In hosts with flexible routing, such as my own app AUM). You can then send any amount from multiple channels, just as you'd use external effects with AUX sends on a hardware mixing console.

But yes, AUv3 versions of the four AUFX apps *will* happen, hopefully this year (2018).

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 11:28:07 PM »
hi Jonathon, bought AUM, Sector and now AUFXand think they’re great, however I’m amongst those careless souls who bought AUFX assuming they would be Audio Unit compatible, get your point about busses but just love dropping audio units into AUM and other hosts.Development still on the cards?