Hello Guest

AUFX DUB - Changing Presets via Midi turns off Tempo Sync?

• 4 Replies
AUFX DUB - Changing Presets via Midi turns off Tempo Sync?
« on: March 28, 2016, 02:35:23 AM »
Trying to get AUFX Dub presets to be updated from a setlist app that sends Midi PCs for each song.  I'm also slaving DUB to MidiBus, as I can use Midi to set an initial tempo for each song, and also use it as a midi controllable tap tempo source - which syncs tempo for several apps, including DUB. 

Problem I have is that every time I send a Midi PC to DUB, Tempo Sync turns off and has to be turned on manually.  Is there any way to keep that from happening?

Also - what's the possibility AUM might include midi addressable tempo and midi controllable tap tempo?  I'm using AUM with my live setup and having midi addressable tempo/tap would consolidate things a bit.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 05:27:05 AM by rad3d »

Re: AUFX DUB - Changing Presets via Midi turns off Tempo Sync?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 11:10:25 AM »
Hi,

Right, I should change AUFX:Dub to save the SYNC toggle in the presets as well, so that you can set up a bunch of presets all with SYNC enabled. Another idea was to just leave SYNC in its current state when loading a preset, but then the problem is that it would break all the presets that depend on a very small delay time, like chorus and flanger effects etc. So I think it's better to save its state in the preset instead.

MIDI controllable tap-tempo is on my todo list for AUM. How would midi addressable tempo work?

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 01:49:42 PM »
Right, I should change AUFX:Dub to save the SYNC toggle in the presets as well, so that you can set up a bunch of presets all with SYNC enabled. Another idea was to just leave SYNC in its current state when loading a preset, but then the problem is that it would break all the presets that depend on a very small delay time, like chorus and flanger effects etc. So I think it's better to save its state in the preset instead.
That sounds like it would work well.
MIDI controllable tap-tempo is on my todo list for AUM. How would midi addressable tempo work?
Just send some sort of dual CC to set a specific tempo.  Most that I've seen use one CC to set values from something like 40-294 in increments of 2, the other does a fine tune setting between -1 to 1. 

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 01:14:19 PM »
Just wanted to see if there was still a possibility you might be adding Tempo Sync as a saved parameter for presets in the future.

I love the delay, but want to use it in a live setup that requires midi Program Changes and the ability to tempo sync without having to manually turn it on every time.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 10:47:42 AM »
The reason it's reset when loading a preset is that some presets needs Tempo Sync to be OFF, or they won't work as expected (flanger/chorus type effects). But saving it with the preset would work, indeed.. will look into that.