Hello Guest

Split stereo input to two mono out channels?

• 2 Replies
Split stereo input to two mono out channels?
« on: May 27, 2016, 03:52:02 AM »
I just bought Aum, so am a new user. I'm using DrumPerfect for live performance, and have a set of drums (various kick drums) panned hard left, and a set (various snare drums) panned hard right. Is there a way to use Aum to split the left and right inputs into two mono channels, so I can control each channel with a separate volume control?

Thanks....

UPDATE: may have answered my own question, after reading the manual. So, would the best way to do this: 1) route the DrumPerfect input to a bus, 2) create two channels using the bus as an input, 3) pan one hard left to mono, pan the other hard right to mono.

Would that be the easiest/best way?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 04:07:47 AM by soundog »

Re: Split stereo input to two mono out channels?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 10:50:49 AM »
I just bought Aum, so am a new user. I'm using DrumPerfect for live performance, and have a set of drums (various kick drums) panned hard left, and a set (various snare drums) panned hard right. Is there a way to use Aum to split the left and right inputs into two mono channels, so I can control each channel with a separate volume control?

Thanks....

UPDATE: may have answered my own question, after reading the manual. So, would the best way to do this: 1) route the DrumPerfect input to a bus, 2) create two channels using the bus as an input, 3) pan one hard left to mono, pan the other hard right to mono.

Would that be the easiest/best way?

Yes, that's the way to do it. Except, instead of using a Pan node, use the Stereo to Mono node, one at full L and the other at full R. That way it picks only the left or right channel, and duplicates it into both. You can then put a Pan or Balance node after that to get normal panning if you don't want both sets to sound exactly in the center.

Re: Split stereo input to two mono out channels?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 06:51:20 PM »
Yes, thanks .... works perfectly.