Hello Guest

Receiving MMC problem

• 3 Replies
Receiving MMC problem
« on: May 29, 2016, 04:44:32 PM »
Hi,

Great app!

However, I was hoping I could get the Transport Controls to work with MMC commands from my X-station controller, but no luck so far.

I have a fairly complicated setup with an iConnectivityAUDIO4+ and various controllers and synths, and I can't get AUM to receive MMC commands.

So I just tried the simplest way to connect my X-station controller directly via the USB->Camera connection cable directly into my iPad pro 12.9" with iOS 9.3.2.
I selected the X-station in the MIDI sources and 'yes' to receive MMC.
But nothing happens when pressing start/stop buttons on the controller in AUM
The MMC commands works fine with my DAW on my computer.
Midi learning CC's is not a problem, it seems.

When I monitor (with MIDI Wrench app) my iPad seems to receive the sysex commands as expected when I press the start/stop buttons on the X-station.
Stop sends F0 7F 03 06 01 F7 and Start sends F0 7F 04 06 02 F7 - fwiw.

But AUM seems to ignore this, or am I missing out on something?

Re: Receiving MMC problem
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 02:19:08 PM »
Hi,

F0 7F 04 06 02 F7 means that you're sending an MMC message with device ID 04. AUM currently only matches on device ID 7F, which means "all devices".. I realize I should probably add a setting for this. Perhaps you can set the device ID for your X-station to 7F? Then it would work.

Hi,

Great app!

However, I was hoping I could get the Transport Controls to work with MMC commands from my X-station controller, but no luck so far.

I have a fairly complicated setup with an iConnectivityAUDIO4+ and various controllers and synths, and I can't get AUM to receive MMC commands.

So I just tried the simplest way to connect my X-station controller directly via the USB->Camera connection cable directly into my iPad pro 12.9" with iOS 9.3.2.
I selected the X-station in the MIDI sources and 'yes' to receive MMC.
But nothing happens when pressing start/stop buttons on the controller in AUM
The MMC commands works fine with my DAW on my computer.
Midi learning CC's is not a problem, it seems.

When I monitor (with MIDI Wrench app) my iPad seems to receive the sysex commands as expected when I press the start/stop buttons on the X-station.
Stop sends F0 7F 03 06 01 F7 and Start sends F0 7F 04 06 02 F7 - fwiw.

But AUM seems to ignore this, or am I missing out on something?

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 06:07:05 PM »
Ahh I see. It makes sense.

Actually, there is an option on the x-station for changing the device ID for every button you'd want to send MMC's.
And I have just tried to change it.
But  for some unknown reason it is only possible to set the device ID between 0-99.
So the maximum hex number for device ID that is possible from the X-station is 63. Bummer...

Oh well, maybe in a future update of AUM the x-station will work with MMC? :-)

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 10:28:59 AM »
Ahh I see. It makes sense.

Actually, there is an option on the x-station for changing the device ID for every button you'd want to send MMC's.
And I have just tried to change it.
But  for some unknown reason it is only possible to set the device ID between 0-99.
So the maximum hex number for device ID that is possible from the X-station is 63. Bummer...

Oh well, maybe in a future update of AUM the x-station will work with MMC? :-)

Indeed, it's on my TODO! I'll add an option for Device ID, where one setting is "any" where it simply ignores the ID.