Hello Guest

FiiO E10K USB DAC Headphone Amp Compatability

• 2 Replies
FiiO E10K USB DAC Headphone Amp Compatability
« on: June 25, 2016, 02:47:27 AM »
I've tried using a FiiO E10K USB DAC Headphone Amp with iPad apps via the Lightning USB 3 Camera Connection Kit and it's hit or miss with which apps it works with. It shows up but there is no sound output in AUM and the play button won't work for files (same in AudioShare) even though the headphone amp is recognized as an output. There is no sound or waveform display in BitWiz. The headphone app does work well with Sector. None of the AUFX apps receive or send a signal. The headphone amp  doesn't seem to work for any app that might use mic input.

Re: FiiO E10K USB DAC Headphone Amp Compatability
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 09:59:52 AM »
I've tried using a FiiO E10K USB DAC Headphone Amp with iPad apps via the Lightning USB 3 Camera Connection Kit and it's hit or miss with which apps it works with. It shows up but there is no sound output in AUM and the play button won't work for files (same in AudioShare) even though the headphone amp is recognized as an output. There is no sound or waveform display in BitWiz. The headphone app does work well with Sector. None of the AUFX apps receive or send a signal. The headphone amp  doesn't seem to work for any app that might use mic input.

As you say, it seems it's not working with recording apps, only playback apps. Unfortunately not anything I can help with.

Re: FiiO E10K USB DAC Headphone Amp Compatability
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 03:55:29 PM »

As you say, it seems it's not working with recording apps, only playback apps. Unfortunately not anything I can help with.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions, even with the microphone access turned off in these apps, they still won't work with an exception. I have been able to successfully start AudioShare even with microphone access turned on with the headphone jack connected (i.e. normal startup). I was then able to get iOS into a situation via switching the output destination in another app, to then have the audio out routed to the FiiO E10K such that when I switched back to AudioShare its output was also sent to the FiiO E10K. I do get this error message shown in the screenshot about there being no available audio inputs.  I was able to replicate this so I'll do some more experiments to figure out what the specific sequence is need to add this functionality to AudioShare and see if it can work for other audio apps that it otherwise wouldn't and report my findings here.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:57:49 PM by Paulinko »