Hello Guest

Audiobus and AUM together - Apps Closing

• 1 Replies
Audiobus and AUM together - Apps Closing
« on: July 15, 2016, 05:52:10 PM »
I need to be able to have one setup in Audiobus, have that associated with one setup in AUM and that be that for an evening. What's happening when I start by loading my saved preset in Audiobus is that when launching one app, it causes another to close. For example, this pretty much always happens using iGrand, if I launch it, it causes Propellerhead Thor and iTuttle to close. At the same time, if I go to re-launch those, iGrand closes. I'm not seeing any rhyme or reason to that. I just need a setup I can count on without things closing themselves. My other issues I've always had with Thor is that no matter what MIDI channel I assign for it, it ends up receiving on all MIDI channels quite often.  For example, this pic shows that after setting up what I needed in Audiobus, and then going to AUM, once I went back to Audiobus, you can see that CrystalSynthXT had closed and needed to be relaunched.

Re: Audiobus and AUM together - Apps Closing
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 12:25:24 PM »
I'm not sure how this is related to AUM. It could be a RAM issue, all those heavy apps fight to use the available RAM and the OS kicks some app out when there's no room. You'll need to ask the Thor support about the MIDI issues in Thor. Some apps receive on any channel. Also beware that even if you route MIDI in AUM, each individual app can also route its own MIDI at the same time, leading to double connections.