Hello Guest

Add More Open In Functionality to AudioShare

• 3 Replies
Add More Open In Functionality to AudioShare
« on: July 27, 2016, 05:53:45 PM »
From within the djay 2 app it is possible to load audio files from the Music app. It is also possible to load audio files from djay 2 using other apps such as Google Drive and Documents. Djay 2 presents the message, "Doesn't support opening files" next to any of the available apps that djay 2 can't load audio files directly into djay 2 and AudioShare is one of them.

Would it be possible to add this additional open in functionality to AudioShare? Presumably more apps than djay 2 will have this open in functionality as well.

Re: Add More Open In Functionality to AudioShare
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 12:29:25 PM »
From within the djay 2 app it is possible to load audio files from the Music app. It is also possible to load audio files from djay 2 using other apps such as Google Drive and Documents. Djay 2 presents the message, "Doesn't support opening files" next to any of the available apps that djay 2 can't load audio files directly into djay 2 and AudioShare is one of them.

Would it be possible to add this additional open in functionality to AudioShare? Presumably more apps than djay 2 will have this open in functionality as well.

I don't have Djay 2 so can't test this. But it sounds very weird. AudioShare is registered to handle all audio files (UTI "public.audio") as well as ZIP files ("public.zip-archive"), and shows up in the "Open in" list in other apps just fine, doesn't it? But I'm not exactly sure I understand the issue. "Open in" is used to send a file from one app to another, so in this case you're trying to send a file from Djay2 into AudioShare?

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 08:39:44 PM »

I don't have Djay 2 so can't test this. But it sounds very weird. AudioShare is registered to handle all audio files (UTI "public.audio") as well as ZIP files ("public.zip-archive"), and shows up in the "Open in" list in other apps just fine, doesn't it? But I'm not exactly sure I understand the issue. "Open in" is used to send a file from one app to another, so in this case you're trying to send a file from Djay2 into AudioShare?
I want to add files from AudioShare to the queue of Djay2. I can do this with the Music app or the Google Drive app but not with AudioShare. AudioShare would allow Djay2 to search its files and add them to its queue for playback.

Using open in from within AudioShare works as expected but doesn't allow me to add the audio file to the queue in Djay2 (it goes directly to the turntable).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 08:58:52 PM by Paulinko »

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 01:02:01 PM »

I want to add files from AudioShare to the queue of Djay2. I can do this with the Music app or the Google Drive app but not with AudioShare. AudioShare would allow Djay2 to search its files and add them to its queue for playback.

Using open in from within AudioShare works as expected but doesn't allow me to add the audio file to the queue in Djay2 (it goes directly to the turntable).

Ok. I think you'll need to ask Djay2 about that (they're free to mail me if they have any questions). "Does not open files" shouldn't apply here anyway, because in this scenario you aren't opening a file with AudioShare, it's the other way around. AudioShare does expose all its files thru the standard DocumentPicker plugin mechanism.