Hello Guest

What effect apps would you like to see next?

• 42 Replies
What effect apps would you like to see next?
« on: July 17, 2013, 01:54:27 AM »
The first app in the AUFX series will be AUFX:Space, a highly tweakable reverb.
What do you want to see next?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:58:11 PM by Jonatan Liljedahl »

Re: What effect apps would you like to see next?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 08:14:16 AM »
Delay, chorus

Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 04:48:31 PM »
Obviously we need a delay for everything from slapback to dub. I would also use it for speaker time alignment. XY pad control would be fun, but please continue to display the values as they're being set. Several developers have screwed that one up.

What comes after that depends in part on how low you can keep the latency. I do live sound, and I love the idea of having a toolbox of audio processing in my iGizmos. Compression, EQ, de-esser, noise gate; for my purposes these things are only worth pursuing if you can keep the latency under 5 ms.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 05:47:19 PM »
the reverb is AMAZING (no surprise, coming from you)
a delay, with many parameters and control, it will be awesome.
a multi modulation module (from tremolo, flanger, chorus, ring, to short echo)
an envelope / step filter

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 11:36:06 PM »
Thanks! Glad to hear you like the reverb.

Yes, a versatile delay suitable from everything between clean digital to filthy dub is currently baking in the oven.

Some sort of multi modulation thing will come too.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 07:36:43 PM »
On effects i was just wondering is there a effect that can make say ifretless bass sound go much deeper like a reggae dub track from early 80s,I can never get the bass sound i want with ipad its either acid bass or abit weak ifretless type bass, this could be just down to me not knowing how to produce that. The bass you make in micro dub in soundcloud is superb,anyway keep the great apps coming & i see a delay is on the way which is great, thanks andre

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 09:18:05 PM »
I suddenly thought i was talking to much about 1 type of bass sound,maybe AUFX Bass that would be able to make allsorts of bass effects & sounds to tracks or a bass guitar app,maybe it could make bass wobble for people into dubstep e.t.c, if that was possible i reckon it would be very popular app.Sorry for second email andre

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 05:15:49 PM »
great!!! a delay!!
now the modulation??

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 09:17:32 AM »
great!!! a delay!!
now the modulation??

I haven't decided yet what the next after the delay will be. We'll see!

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 01:43:07 PM »
Maybe a simple audio fx kaosspad with midi control. Sample and hold glitch fx.

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 06:58:31 AM »
An analogue tape emulator, down to variable speed, including faulty variable speed, cut out, 'organic' noise levels and types, to tape types, from 80s blank cassettes to 25" reel... And why stop at tape? What about vinyl or even glitchy CDs... Though they would probably make sense as separate apps- want one! :)

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 01:02:18 PM »
pitch shifter
gate/gator
both with midi controlling/syncing and modulation sources (LFOs, envs) be very nice.
big thanx for Space and Dub, great work.

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 08:00:53 PM »
Thanks for the input!

By the way, AUFX:Dub can already make some simple analog tape simulations (noise and wow/flutter). But a dedicated tape simulator might very well come in the future!

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »
A super tweakable bass amp would be perfect

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 05:26:09 AM »
Beautiful efects http://www.strymon.net/

For inspiration. Chorus / Mod.

Pedal OLA strymon is TOP

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 01:37:48 AM »
 Having a great time with Space. Thanks! Amplitude envelope with a trigger speed control with pitch shift controls for adding extra layers for ambient guitar would be ver nice.

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 02:44:37 AM »
Speaking of Strymon, and to compliment the dirty delay just nicely, why not go for something like their Destroyer effect from the Mobius?

-Bit Depth
-Sample Rate
-Vinyl Noise and record speed from 33 1/3 to 78
-Filters shaped after lo fi speakers such as victrolas, radios, bullhorns, antique telephones, etc.

I would buy AUFX: Dust in a heartbeat.

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 01:32:14 AM »
How about 'Filtatron' lil Jon style ?

Moog seem to have moved on from ios so take advantage ;)

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 12:03:01 AM »
Multi-band EQ and compressor

Exciter/stereoizer

Thanks for great effects! Amazing!

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 04:28:48 PM »
I'm loving this series of apps.

I would love to see a distortion/fuzz. :)

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 04:09:00 PM »
I would love to see a distortion unit that was like a Boss Metal Zone or DOD Death Metal peda.

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 12:56:51 AM »
Is it possible to use  aufx:dub with the djay2 app using audiobus  while applying an effect to a single turntable/channel  and not entire master output. There is another audio effects application in the AppStore that does permit this function but I can't seem to do that with aufx:dub . Your application is far superior in every other aspect . Maybe my configuration is incorrect.  If multichannel  effects assignment is not possible, perhaps that feature will be added in the future.

As far as future app ideas: Stutter effects, BPM and Song Key detection,  ability to edit ID3 mp3 audio tags, vocoder effect,.......

Nice work on your apps. They interface and colors are smooth and professional.
Rich Pulido
Realtor/dj
"Pioneering the digital handshake."

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 11:43:32 PM »
IR (Impulse Response) modeler.  Especially for guitar and bass cabs.  This would be killer with JamUp Pro / Bias.  Great IR modeling is a secret sauce for guitar tone.

Cheers,
- Joe

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 05:09:17 PM »
Love these - what I would most like is for them to be released as vst/au, so I can use them in Reaper :)

For Ios, I second the notion of your take on Strymon's  Big Sky & Timeline

Thanks for the apps so far - I can be very happy using just them and a gate.
https://soundcloud.com/user7183996/
My stuff on SoundCloud. Mostly using AUM

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 06:58:26 PM »
Wow!

Well, something for the voice. Something to shape the voice.

thanks,
bradford99

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 04:47:04 PM »
What i'm really missing is a thing to modulate FX automations on iOS things. It would be awesome if i could record the changes in settings in the AUFX apps and could save this as a preset (or even could sync Reverb from dry to wet bright to dark etc. by bpm f.e.) That would be a great workaround for the lack of proper FX modulations in the most (or all) iOS synths. I try to work without desktop and so far i can get a hell out of an iPad and those apps. I would even say it's possible to get Zebra and Omnisphere sounds easy via layering different apps. It just could be more easy ;)
Indeed...the Sector uptade is amazing! Thank's.

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 12:47:37 PM »
What i'm really missing is a thing to modulate FX automations on iOS things. It would be awesome if i could record the changes in settings in the AUFX apps and could save this as a preset (or even could sync Reverb from dry to wet bright to dark etc. by bpm f.e.) That would be a great workaround for the lack of proper FX modulations in the most (or all) iOS synths. I try to work without desktop and so far i can get a hell out of an iPad and those apps. I would even say it's possible to get Zebra and Omnisphere sounds easy via layering different apps. It just could be more easy ;)
Indeed...the Sector uptade is amazing! Thank's.

I have some plans for a generic solution of automating/sequencing/modulating effects and synths on iOS... stay tuned! ;)

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2014, 11:54:45 AM »
That's all i wanted to hear ;)

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2014, 08:43:14 PM »
AUFX:Animal so I could sound like a lion roar or a wolf howling.That's an idea.

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 12:24:11 AM »
I love the idea of an IR app - but how about an App version of an Adrenalinn unit-  that would make my life complete.

Ta! Love your stuff, keep on the good work

check out  http://guitarinyourpocket.wordpress.com/

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2014, 07:57:12 AM »
I love the old classic Roland Space Echo Fx series(with the same knobs)  Some have tried, but none has come close. Even the classic Boss Fx. Make crazy dub sound. Aufx Dub comes close tho. Great apps. Always using them on mixes.

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2015, 02:41:24 PM »
I think that the AUFX serie miss a distortion/bit crusher and a filter to be complete imho

thanks for providing us those amazing tools !!!

pierre

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2015, 03:18:53 PM »
Distortion and filter is on my TODO list! :)

I think that the AUFX serie miss a distortion/bit crusher and a filter to be complete imho

thanks for providing us those amazing tools !!!

pierre

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2015, 03:37:23 AM »
I would love to see a chorus, distortion, flange, phaser, etc app. Chorus first and foremost. The quality of the AUFX series, and the ease of use, is outstanding!!

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2016, 05:21:51 PM »
I'd like to see a nice simple noise gate AU effect for use on multiple channels when recording external gear, nothing fancy, I know that Push will do gate but I want gate on more than one input at a time.

Alternatively if Gate is too simple then an AU channel strip with gate, compression,expansion and 3 band EQ. 

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2016, 04:09:10 PM »
Hi Jonatan!

I really appreciate what you do.... I get some I use regularly... Thanks!
An effect not easy to find (maybe not usually used?): a smart RING MODULATOR?
Why not?
Peace
daniel

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2016, 04:24:18 PM »
Distortion/overdrive/tube - firstly to subtly warm and enhance, then on to bludgeon. Emulate passing through analog preamps, stomp boxes, tape, etc.
Thanks for your work!

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2016, 10:54:49 PM »
Granular pitch/delay thingy
Beat Shuffler/randomizer thingy
Music Technologist
Trumpet Player

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2017, 09:42:20 PM »
A volume based AU:FX would be cool, tremolo, slow gear type effect. I would like a tremolo that will speed up to audible speeds with different wave forms.

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2017, 08:13:06 PM »
Amplitude LFOs and ADSR Envelope as internal FX would be a total blast

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2017, 08:44:52 PM »
Jonatan,
Let me just say THANK YOU for the amazing tools you have been supplying us!  I am an avid user of AudioShare and your AUFX products!  They have empowered me in so many ways.

I see that you have moved into bigger, more complex projects and I'm not so sure how ambitious you are to work on FX anymore but you asked and I have one I would use VERY frequently if you were to develop it.

I love to flesh out songs with a guitar or piano with vocals over the top.  I use the music memos app with my phone to record in this case because its super fast and easy.  If its a nice take, I like to import it into AudioShare and apply EQ, Reverb and Compression.  Surprisingly, the sound is PRETTY GOOD with just the iPhone mic BUT it gets really NOISY - especially once you add compression.  I practice sessions, you can't always pic a nice quiet room either so that makes the issue worse.  White noise / hiss is the issue.

I would LOVE a simple white noise reducer that I could add into the signal chain.  What do you think?  Is this hard to develop?  I know there are a bunch of solutions on Mac/PC but I haven't found any on iOS.

Also - suggested improvement for AudioShare...  Please add another FX slot or two.  I'd love to also add delay to these songs.  Right now I just choose the top three (again EQ, reverb, comp).  I know I can re-process the file but that slows down my workflow.

That's my idea.

Thanks!
Jason

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2017, 10:55:30 AM »
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the feedback!

I would LOVE a simple white noise reducer that I could add into the signal chain.  What do you think?  Is this hard to develop?  I know there are a bunch of solutions on Mac/PC but I haven't found any on iOS.

This is actually on my list of potential ideas for FX apps. But I think I've read somewhere that another developer is working on such an app already. Unfortunately I can't remember who.. Audio Damage or Klevgrand perhaps.
If I remember correctly, there's also a noise reduction tool in Hokusai audio editor.

Also - suggested improvement for AudioShare...  Please add another FX slot or two.  I'd love to also add delay to these songs.  Right now I just choose the top three (again EQ, reverb, comp).  I know I can re-process the file but that slows down my workflow.

I don't think I'll evolve the IAA hosting of AudioShare any longer, since I now have made AUM for exactly that purpose. Unlimited number of fx slots :)

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2018, 09:33:04 AM »
Would love to see rotary speaker emulation