Hello Guest

MIDI Auditioning (via CoreMIDI?)

• 4 Replies
MIDI Auditioning (via CoreMIDI?)
« on: July 29, 2013, 06:10:38 PM »
An absolutely indispensable app for my musical creation workflow, especially after the last update with the volume control added.  Not only it is serving as my centralized music file storage and transfer center, it is now also a frigging BACKING TRACK PLAYER with adjustable volume!  Woah!!!!

One feature I would absolutely love to see added is the ability to audition MIDI files properly.  Yes, I know it can do it... kinda... if you don't mind hearing everything including drums loops, guitars and synths all sounding ding ding ding.  Users have to know what the files would sound before they have to painstakingly exporting/copying each MIDI files out to the apps.  I guess the easiest way to implement this is to add CoreMIDI so when the MIDI File is played, users can use whatever apps they fancy to audition it, including GM files(for BS-16i).  I believe that this would add immensely to the functionality of the app again.  You have added Audiobus, you've gotta add CoreMIDI. '-)

Thankyou again for making such a great app.  5 Stars from me. :)

Re: MIDI Auditioning (via CoreMIDI?)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 01:47:24 PM »
Thanks, glad to hear you like it :)

Yes, a CoreMIDI output as an alternative to the built-in sinewave player is on my (very long) TODO list actually!

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 03:28:06 AM »
Any news on whether coreMIDI will be coming any time soon? :)   I know that you have been keeping super busy putting out  all these other great apps(I've bought them all!) but at present I am keeping my MIDI files all over the place in various apps and it would be lovely to give them a nice home in Audioshare. ;)  I have literally tens of thousands of MIDI files and Audioshare has the wonderful file management built in.

Also, just wondering if there is a upper limit on how many files Audioshare can handle?  I have found that storing too many files within some apps would crash them.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 06:35:08 PM »
Any news on whether coreMIDI will be coming any time soon? :)   I know that you have been keeping super busy putting out  all these other great apps(I've bought them all!) but at present I am keeping my MIDI files all over the place in various apps and it would be lovely to give them a nice home in Audioshare. ;)  I have literally tens of thousands of MIDI files and Audioshare has the wonderful file management built in.

Also, just wondering if there is a upper limit on how many files Audioshare can handle?  I have found that storing too many files within some apps would crash them.

I haven't found the time yet for anything AudioShare related, but it will come some day :)

There's no limit of number of files as far as I know.

Cheers
/Jonatan

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 07:52:05 PM »
dum di dum dum...... still waiting......... ;)