Hello Guest

Feature Request: Skinny Mode, plus some feedback

• 3 Replies

XiK

• View Profile
Feature Request: Skinny Mode, plus some feedback
« on: November 03, 2016, 12:26:26 PM »
A small request for consideration: The ability to get more channels on screen at once. I realize that messes with the aesthetics, but perhaps you can come up with a "Skinny Mode" channel design that made it so you could squeeze 5, 6, or even 7 (8?) channels on screen at once (currently 4 for an iPad 2).

Also, any chance we could get bigger channel level meters? I thought I read somewhere that this was in the works already, and if so forgive the redundancy.

I realize this all was probably taken into consideration already, but these two things are what I'd like to see most if I had any say.

Keep up the good work! Your apps are populating my homescreen, and the AUM/AUfx combo is currently my go to recording hub (over both Cubasis and Auria). I look forward to any future iOS developments you might bring!

Re: Feature Request: Skinny Mode, plus some feedback
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 11:00:17 AM »
Thanks!

Some kind of overview mode has been requested by many, where one can see more channels at once. One idea is a special "performance" screen that only shows level, solo, mute, and a couple of custom controls that can be mapped to plugin parameters or MIDI cc's.

I decided that the 4-level (3 dots and a fourth clip-indicator) for channel inputs/outputs is good enough. It's mostly about keeping the CPU usage low. This lets you know the important stuff: is there signal? is it very low, or is it clipping?
To get higher detail, just tap the 3-dots and the signal will be brought up in the top bar precision meter, even though you can only see one channel level at a time this way.

XiK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 06:28:14 PM »
One idea is a special "performance" screen that only shows level, solo, mute, and a couple of custom controls that can be mapped to plugin parameters or MIDI cc's.

This would be a nice addition. I just picked up the app MIDI Designer Pro 2 specifically to make an AUM template, and more for my iPod Touch than my iPad, because of the one channel per screen on the iPod Touch. It's working out pretty well, even on the small 4" screen. Getting something similar built in to AUM would be great.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 08:38:44 PM »
Yes please! Skinny mode would be very useful to see more tracks at once.