Hello Guest

File Player [Requests]

• 18 Replies

KING

• View Profile
File Player [Requests]
« on: March 18, 2017, 01:02:27 AM »
Hi Jonatan,

1. Would it be possible for us to be able to audition the files without having to go the extra step to the 'Preview' page?
Currently we have to go back and forth to hear the next file/s. You nailed it in AudioShare, where we don't have to load the file to play it, sort of thing.
So, if the play button (on the right) would/could audition, (in real-time/in-sync etc)..
Or we could single tap file to audition, double to load.. At the moment, single tap loads.
Could even have an auto-audition toggle button or something.

The 'Preview' page would remain the same, with the rewind button and export, but just not compulsory for auditioning. 

This is especially needed (for me) when I'm checking out one of my drum loops folders (set beats n bars) (in-sync) etc..
I know you know what I mean.

2. If I select a file in say, track 1, and want to select from the same folder but in (new) track 2, I have to drill down to that folder again.
Can we have it so it remembers the last accessed folder? (when creating new tracks, that is).

3. If I load a file into the File Player and then return to the folder to select a different one, it does not auto-scroll beyond the currently loaded file. I/we have to manually scroll up each time as the last loaded file is at the bottom (file with the yellow tape reel symbol)
Would be nice if that yellow file was more central. Would saves on extra clicks n drags.

Cheers,

King
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:38:19 AM by KING »
:-)

KING

• View Profile
Re: File Player [Requests]
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 04:45:27 PM »

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 10:15:16 AM »
1. I'll think about it, the problem is how to reach the Preview page. But perhaps the Preview page is not so important here.
However, if you want to audition them in-sync, then it's no difference to actually loading them, is it? Perhaps it would be better if the file list stayed open when loading, so you could quickly load another etc. Then just tap outside the popup when done (or go back to the first view for FilePlayer settings etc)

2. I see the point, and will consider it.

3. Sure, that should be doable.

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 02:01:16 PM »
One thing I'd like to add to that (And you've probably been asked lots I'm sure) is for the ability to set start and end points for the file player loop when in AUM and then to be able to scrub between the file between these points.
This would make it very creatively useful.
I know you can prep a file beforehand in Audioshare but I find I want to experiment with files and the loop point between a file whilst I'm working in AUM and playing against other tracks.
That would be a great feature :)

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 03:16:38 PM »
"Perhaps it would be better if the file list stayed open when loading, so you could quickly load another etc"

Yes, this is the idea, totally, that would work.
Tapping the file a second time could activate the pause for that file, so it doesn't have to be playing whilst looking for another to audition.
And this way the play button to the right would still have its function/s.

Added this ability will be Loved by many, and they don't even know it yet. ;)

Cheers,

King
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 03:24:57 PM by KING »

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 03:34:27 PM »
Hey @Nicholas,

"then to be able to scrub"

I have no idea if you know or not?.? But something that may 'assist' with that particular part of your request is the 'Beat Offset' feature.
You didn't mention it, so I will. It will give you a different starting point of the file, but the rest remains the same, length etc.
I know what your after, but this may help a little (if you didn't already know)

King

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 07:58:50 PM »
Thanks @King
Yes I am aware of that feature and it is useful but a bit more control over this with moveable loop points would also be great :)
I haven't had a chance to check out if any other app could do something like this with an audio loop easily as an AU, maybe the recent Beathawk update might do something like this.
But the advantage with Audioshare is I always have more files in there.

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 10:38:48 PM »
Having this within AUM would be nice.

I guess the best thing would be an iDaw, do you have one?

I use Auria Pro mainly, but any would work.
Secondly, I would use ReSlice by Virsyn - AUv3 too. Once your used to it, it can do all sorts of magic, and it is directly linked to AudioShare.

I Have a few more suggestions, but I don't own them so..

I'm sure you could get what you want from ReSlice (one of those instant classics) its just another way of doing it.
Its the nearest (I can see/think of) to what your after..

Enjoy

King
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:14:23 AM by KING »

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 10:46:46 PM »
I put ReSlice second, but it may actually be first.
With AU and working within AUM, win win. Its just a matter of, if it suits you.. I Love it! ;-)

King
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:50:40 PM by KING »

KING

• View Profile
Re: File Player [Requests] Number of Beats.
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 01:33:32 PM »
If I select a loop from a folder, and ‘Sync & Loop’ it, sometimes I may get 9 or a odd number in the ‘Number of Beats’ section.
I usually (especially for drum loops) have to set it (manually) to 8 (or 16) or whatever.
Once I’ve done this ‘once’, and access the loop in a separate file player or project, it’s fine..

The thing is, each time I’m auditioning a ‘new’ Loop (possibly in the same folder) it sets itself back to 9 or 10 or some odd number.

Is there a way for AUM to remember the amount of Beats from the last played/auditioned file?

Hope this makes sense, it does in my head!

___

King

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 03:03:08 PM »
You can include the BPM in the filename, then AUM can calculate the actual number of beats in the loop without guessing. Example: "MyLoop 100 bpm.wav"

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 07:08:46 PM »
You can include the BPM in the filename, then AUM can calculate the actual number of beats in the loop without guessing. Example: "MyLoop 100 bpm.wav"

Lol

I have hundreds, if not thousands of loops.
(That almost sounds like I only use loops) no most of my music is original. But sometimes, specially in AUM, it’s nice to just use a loop or 2 as a stating point.

Yeah many many loops, so It might take a minute. ;)

It’s cool though, I’ll live with it.

King

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 12:36:42 PM »
Looking for BPM in filename is the only way AUM can have any idea of the tempo of the file, and thus the number of beats in the file. (I won't try to implement some kind of audio tempo analysis algorithm..)

However, if you change the original tempo of the file manually in the FilePlayer settings, it will remember that bpm for that specific file and default to the same bpm next time you load that file.

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 12:59:01 PM »

However, if you change the original tempo of the file manually in the FilePlayer settings, it will remember that bpm for that specific file and default to the same bpm next time you load that file.

“Once I’ve done this ‘once’, and access the loop in a separate file player or project, it’s fine..”

:)

___

King

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 01:03:54 PM »
It’s all good still, coz overall AUM is a beauty, for so many reasons.

Sometimes just come across things, and request, sometimes the requests are actually questions..

“But I hate asking direct questions, on forums, lol” hehe
Emails, yes. Forums, noooooo..

;)

King

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 01:40:01 PM »
Thanks! No worries :)

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2017, 08:18:20 PM »
Hi, I just registered here in order to ask if you could possibly add time stretching and/or maybe even add support for sliced loops like AIFF apple loops, REX2 and RMX in the file player. Or failing that, if you would consider building a new app that does these things and integrates with Audioshare and AUM? That would be really really great!!! Love Audioshare and AUM and I think it would be fantastic if there were new members in that awesome family of apps!
I mentioned my request over in the AB forum and got several people +1ing my feature request, so I'm definitely not alone wanting this.
Thanks for your great work, Jonatan!

PS: +1 for the original feature request in post 1, would be great to be able to preview the loops before loading them in.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 08:30:04 PM by munibeast »

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 02:51:50 PM »
Hi,

I'll certainly look into options for built-in time stretching in AUMs FilePlayer, but no promises. Otherwise, it would be a cool separate AUv3 plugin to make some day :)

Hi, I just registered here in order to ask if you could possibly add time stretching and/or maybe even add support for sliced loops like AIFF apple loops, REX2 and RMX in the file player. Or failing that, if you would consider building a new app that does these things and integrates with Audioshare and AUM? That would be really really great!!! Love Audioshare and AUM and I think it would be fantastic if there were new members in that awesome family of apps!
I mentioned my request over in the AB forum and got several people +1ing my feature request, so I'm definitely not alone wanting this.
Thanks for your great work, Jonatan!

PS: +1 for the original feature request in post 1, would be great to be able to preview the loops before loading them in.

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 05:17:37 PM »
+1 for time-stretching in the file player(!)