Hello Guest

Multi channel in and outs for aufx series

• 6 Replies
Multi channel in and outs for aufx series
« on: September 02, 2013, 08:08:27 AM »
Hi I would be really happy if you could put multichannel input and output  on the AUFX series so that i can use my phone and a small multichannel interface instead of my huge FOH rack :-))

A harmonizer with micro tuning for vocal doubling would also be really appreciated:-)))

Re: Multi channel in and outs for aufx series
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 09:05:15 AM »
Hi I would be really happy if you could put multichannel input and output  on the AUFX series so that i can use my phone and a small multichannel interface instead of my huge FOH rack :-))

A harmonizer with micro tuning for vocal doubling would also be really appreciated:-)))

It should work with any CoreAudio compatible audio interface, but it would only use the first two channels (stereo). Some day I might add selection of in/out channels on multichannel interfaces, but then I need to have such an interface to test with..

Harmonizer is on my list for the future :)

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 04:55:12 PM »
I very much second this, i need the AUF series to be able to route to different locations using a multichannel interface.
In my case i have 24i/o unit connected. Only able to use the first 2 channels. I hope you can find the time to implement this in the future.
I will gladly pay extra for this functionality. That said i find the apps amazing value! Now also the AU versions maybe? ;)

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 08:34:33 PM »
I very much second this, i need the AUF series to be able to route to different locations using a multichannel interface.
In my case i have 24i/o unit connected. Only able to use the first 2 channels. I hope you can find the time to implement this in the future.
I will gladly pay extra for this functionality. That said i find the apps amazing value! Now also the AU versions maybe? ;)

I won't be adding support for selecting channels on multichannel interfaces to the stand-alone AUFX apps, now that I've made AUM, which is made exactly for the purpose of flexible routing. For example, in AUM you can choose how to chain the AUFX apps (series or parallell), use effect send busses from multiple sources, and any other combination, as well as choosing exactly which hardware ins and outs are used at whatever points in the signal chain.

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 12:56:20 AM »
Does that mean that you can choose in AUM witch inputs and outputs are used in a multichannel interface?
Example: output 13 interface to AUF space input
                  output 14 interface to AUF DUB input
                  input 23 and 24 stereo return of both AUF Space and AUF DUB?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:59:53 AM by meltdowns6 »

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 11:17:39 AM »
Does that mean that you can choose in AUM witch inputs and outputs are used in a multichannel interface?
Example: output 13 interface to AUF space input
                  output 14 interface to AUF DUB input
                  input 23 and 24 stereo return of both AUF Space and AUF DUB?

Yes exactly, except I think you mixed up inputs and outputs :)
You can also do stuff like: interface 3+4 into AUFX:Space, split to interface out 5+6 and also sent to AUFX:Dub, output to 1+2, and the dry input to 7+8 with some EQ for monitoring. Etcetera, the possibilities are almost endless :)

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 06:31:48 PM »
Lol yes i did :0
Temporary brain meltdown haha

Thanks man i'll look into AUM more closely.
Only thing for hesitation is yet another mixer to worry about, setup gets quite complicated.