Hello Guest

Convert to MP3..

• 7 Replies

KING

• View Profile
Convert to MP3..
« on: June 20, 2017, 01:03:11 PM »
Hi J,

Can we have this in AudioShare? ... (Convert to MP3)..

Now that the "Licensing for MP3, the digital audio coding format that Apple used for music downloads on the original iPod, has officially ended".

Some apps I have use only Wav and or MP3.
Having to convert from MP3 to m4a or m4a to Wav, or convert to MP3 in another program, is an extra time consuming step in the/a flow, especially when all/99% of my audio files are in AudioShare.
Not all apps use m4a yet, but they (some) use MP3. 

Also the build up of Wav files can get large (MB) and it's not always necessary to have that quality for certain files.

Cheers,

King
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 01:06:13 PM by KING »
:-)

Re: Convert to MP3..
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 02:28:50 PM »
Yeah, this is definitely something to investigate, now that the MP3 licensing has ended. But the best would be if Apple simply added MP3 encoding to the iOS SDK just like for all other supported formats.

In any case, I'm curious which apps supports reading only WAV and MP3? It should be easy for their developers to support any format supported by iOS itself: M4A AAC, M4A ALAC (lossless), AIFF, CAF, WAV, etc..

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 03:58:00 PM »
"I'm curious which apps supports reading only WAV and MP3?"

Had a feeling you were gonna ask that, I almost put it in my original post.

Examples: Virsyn ReSlice only supports Wav.
And the new 'mood by Apesoft', Wav and MP3. To name but a few - apps..

Been hooked on 'mood' lately! I have many m4a files to import into m, but they have to be converted to MP3 first. (MP3 rather than Wav, for less disk usage obviously). :)

Now and then I use the great Twisted Wave app, my main reason for using it over AudioShare is the MP3 converter. Which is also very useful because, my car stereo only plays MP3's.
So.. many reasons for AudioShare to have this..

King
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 04:59:53 PM by KING »
:-)

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 01:50:26 PM »
When it comes to converting audio files to MP3, no matter which audio format you have, you can use Audio Converter for Windows to convert audio format to another audio format, also including MP3 format with a few click only.

Besides, it can work on DRM and DRM-free audio files. So you don't worry about the protected audio tracks too.

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 02:27:16 PM »
Thanks for sharing the great tools, I use it to convert spotify tracks to mp3, it works like a charm. Keep up the good job.

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 12:43:09 PM »
As for me, I have converted my Apple Music tracks to MP3 with a third-program. If you would like to import Apple Music to iPod or other common devices, you should convert all DRM protected Apple Music songs to MP3 format with AudFree Apple Music Converter for Windows at first. Then you can freely playback them on any devices without limitation.

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 09:55:10 AM »
To convert audio to MP3, as for me is about Apple Music. I'm used to purchased the latest Apple music from iTunes store, but all audio can be played on Apple devices only. Fortunately, I got the tool-iTunes Audio Converter for Mac to remove DRM from iTunes and convert audios from M4P to MP3, AAC, M4A, etc at faster speed without hampering the quality. After conversion, it will be much convenient for you to enjoy all iTunes audios on any devices freely. You can have a try depend on own need.

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 04:37:41 PM »
thanks for sharing audio to audio converter, I like it.