Hello Guest

AudioShare and Files from PCs

• 1 Replies
AudioShare and Files from PCs
« on: June 24, 2017, 05:40:06 PM »
Hi.

I'm relatively new to iPad and iOS, but with many years of experience using DAWs on PCs.

I have many .wav files, audio loops, etc. on my PC that I am interested in re-using over on the iPad side (now that I have one).

I am not so interested in paying a monthly fee to DropBox for the rest of my life when all I want to do is move files back and forth between the PC and the iPad.

I have found a way to move the files using FileExplorer (free).  Thus, my loops are now available either on the PC or in a folder on the iPad created using FileExplorer.

So, my question is, will I be able to use AudioShare to access these files, import them into the (if I may term it) "AudioShare management regime", and thus make them available to my iOS music apps which are themselves AudioShare compatible?

I'd be grateful for the answer here, along with any underlying explanations, as the whole iPad/iOS situation with files seems inordinately difficult to me!

Thanks!

- progster
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 05:59:03 PM by progster »

Re: AudioShare and Files from PCs
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 01:31:35 PM »
Hi!

I don't know about FileExplorer.. As far as I know, there's no way an external app could create a folder on the device like that. Unless the device is jailbroken?

Anyway, you could use an app like iTunes, iExplorer or iFunBox on your PC to copy files from the PC into AudioShare's local Documents folder - which shows up as an "iTunes File Sharing" folder inside AudioShare. Then you can move these files out into better places inside AudioShare (because the iTunes File Sharing has other limitations).

But the simplest way is to just start the "WiFi Drive" function in AudioShare, and use a web browser on your PC to upload all your soundfiles from PC to AudioShare. Both the iOS device and your PC need to be on the same network, of course.