Hello Guest

The Oscillator

• 3 Replies
The Oscillator
« on: September 27, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »
First I'd like to thank you for developing and sharing this app, I use it as binaural beat generator with low frequency as most of the apps of this kind use higher frequencies I am not comfortable with. Also the fact that it runs in the background, makes it even greater.

I have a an issue, however, with this app on my iPod Touch 4th Gen, and that is that my iOS is tenth of a version shy of your version requirement for this app :-) I would really appreciate if you consider making the app iOS 5.0 compatible rather than 5.1. I cannot upgrade my OS at this point since there is no jailbreak option for iOS 7 available yet.

Thanks again for sharing this app with the world.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 05:59:48 PM by oligilo »

Re: The Oscillator
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 07:11:34 PM »
Hi,
I'll look into it and see if 5.0 would work.

However, since there's no stereo panning of the oscillators (yet), I can't see how you could use it for binaural beats?

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 07:39:49 PM »
Thank you; actually later yesterday I decided to upgrade my OS to 6.x after about two years. Being able to use The Oscillator around on the iPod, I must say it was well worth it. I really appreciate you considering it though.

And you are right, it doesn't produce binaural beats; but I've come to realize that monaural beats also produce tangible effects; for example I use The Oscillator for sleeping with 47.00 and 47.14 (plus noise) and it really makes a difference in my case. However it would be really nice if you could also incorporate that into the app; perhaps something like what "iFunctionGenerator" offers (unfortunately this app is not running when it's moved to the background).

Speaking of niceties, it would be great if the app (maybe a pro version) could also offer:

-Sync option
-Profiles that could be saved and called
-Making the red status bar optional (as it interferes with using other apps)
-Frequency sweeps (taking frequency B from the A value to its nominal B value in a specified time)

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:41:20 PM by oligilo »

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 07:42:04 AM »
Hello, i like so much your apps. I started to use Oscillator for some tracks but it's hard to patch every time the controls, maybe an option to save presets would be nice, and midi for the on/off switch interesting, this is just a suggestion :)

Sorry my poor english

Thank you.