Hello Guest

Clock - midi control help!

• 1 Replies
Clock - midi control help!
« on: July 02, 2017, 10:45:53 PM »
I wanted a tap tempo I could use to control all the apps in aum. I bought sector hoping i could slave all the apps to its clock. Now that it's set up I can't figure out if I can send a midi cc to the clock so that I can tap the tempo on my midi controller. Pleas help. I have midiflow and was able to use it with MidiBus and midi link sync to achieve this, but needing 2 extra apps which are glitchy is not ideal. Thanks!

Re: Clock - midi control help!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 03:08:25 PM »
I wanted a tap tempo I could use to control all the apps in aum. I bought sector hoping i could slave all the apps to its clock. Now that it's set up I can't figure out if I can send a midi cc to the clock so that I can tap the tempo on my midi controller. Pleas help. I have midiflow and was able to use it with MidiBus and midi link sync to achieve this, but needing 2 extra apps which are glitchy is not ideal. Thanks!

I'm not sure in what way you're trying to use SECTOR in this configuration, but I don't think it will help you. AUM itself can only be "slaved" to Ableton Link. I'll add a midi-controllable tap-tempo in AUM in the future, but for now you'd need to find some other app that has Ableton Link *and* midi-controllable tap tempo. Then AUM (and all apps synced to it) will follow as well.