Hello Guest

Email audio file to AudioShare

• 8 Replies

Ben

• View Profile
Email audio file to AudioShare
« on: September 12, 2017, 05:01:31 AM »
Hey everyone. New member here. Though I haven't done it in a while, memory tells me that I use to be able to use "open in" to get an audio file from my gmail account into AudioShare.
I remember it being a pretty simple process but I'm having no luck. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks in advance for any input.

Re: Email audio file to AudioShare
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 11:01:20 AM »
This works for me: When reading the email in the standard Mail app, long-press the attachment. The usual airdrop/open-in popup will show. Scroll until you find "Import with AudioShare" and tap it. AudioShare opens with the new file.

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 02:52:09 AM »
Thanks for the response. Long tapping does not have AudioShare (or any other app) as an option.
When I bought the grand majority of my apps, AudioShare included my iPad was registered with a different email address than it is now. Could that be the issue? If so, is there a remedy? Just trying to brainstorm.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:46:36 AM »
Here's how it should look (see attached screenshot). Does it not look the same for you? Which iOS version are you running?

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 08:03:08 PM »
Hi Jonatan. I'm on version 10.3.3, Air 2. That is not what I see when I long press the attachment. When I'm sending files from app to app those are the options I typically see.
What I'm getting is: open, open in new tab, open in split view etc. When I tap the open options it just opens the file and starts playing it. Thanks again for helping with this. I feel like it has to be something simple that I'm overlooking because it's worked before.

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 08:57:50 PM »
Hi Jonatan. I'm on version 10.3.3, Air 2. That is not what I see when I long press the attachment. When I'm sending files from app to app those are the options I typically see.
What I'm getting is: open, open in new tab, open in split view etc. When I tap the open options it just opens the file and starts playing it. Thanks again for helping with this. I feel like it has to be something simple that I'm overlooking because it's worked before.

And you're using the plain Mail app that comes with iOS? Could you send me a screenshot of what your screen looks like when long-pressing an attachment in a mail?

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 04:02:45 AM »
 Actually it is a gmail account that I'm using now. The account I used previously was the mail app from iOS.

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 11:15:09 AM »
Ok.. Well this was all about how to do it in the stock Mail app. I don't know which email client app you're running and how to "open in" attachment in that app, sorry.

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 02:25:56 AM »
Thanks for trying. I probably should have said that from the start.