Hello Guest

New midi clock feature

• 8 Replies
New midi clock feature
« on: September 12, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »
Is there a way to control the aum clock tempo with midi with this new update? I was using midi flow into midi link into aum and it has latency issues and is jittery. Can't wait to just be able to use midi to tap the tempo directly into  aum . Thanks

Re: New midi clock feature
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 03:14:05 AM »
Tap tempo in AUM would be amazing.

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 10:42:30 AM »
The new MIDI Clock Send is for slaving external hardware. AUM will then be the master, but can of course be part of a Link session and thus be tempo-controlled from any other Link app.

MIDI tap tempo is on my TODO list, for tapping out the tempo on a MIDI pedal for example.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 06:42:34 PM »
Is it possible to send CV Clock to an output channel? I tried using the metronome but I guess it is the wrong wave form...

The new MIDI Clock Send is for slaving external hardware. AUM will then be the master, but can of course be part of a Link session and thus be tempo-controlled from any other Link app.

MIDI tap tempo is on my TODO list, for tapping out the tempo on a MIDI pedal for example.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:46:34 PM by nerVe »

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 01:53:13 PM »
Is it possible to send CV Clock to an output channel? I tried using the metronome but I guess it is the wrong wave form...

Yes, if you prepare a simple sound file (WAV) with the CV waveform you want to output (regular pulses in your case). Just load such a file in a FilePlayer and output it straight to an output without going through any EQ or effects.

Naturally you'll need a DC-coupled audio interface, for example Expert Sleepers ES-8 in Eurorack format, etc.

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 09:56:37 PM »
Ok cool. Thanks as I did not think of that! i will give it a try... How long should the file be? I would just loop it and the session clock would match the loop? I'm using a MOTU interface which has DC-coupled outputs...

Yes, if you prepare a simple sound file (WAV) with the CV waveform you want to output (regular pulses in your case). Just load such a file in a FilePlayer and output it straight to an output without going through any EQ or effects.

Naturally you'll need a DC-coupled audio interface, for example Expert Sleepers ES-8 in Eurorack format, etc.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:09:59 PM by nerVe »

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 09:35:48 AM »
Ok cool. Thanks as I did not think of that! i will give it a try... How long should the file be? I would just loop it and the session clock would match the loop? I'm using a MOTU interface which has DC-coupled outputs...

It doesn't matter much how long the file is, because it will speed up/down to fit the current tempo. Maybe speeding down will get better results (sharper pulses) than the other way around, or maybe it's the opposite. I think I'd try making a loop of clock pulses for around the slowest tempo you'll use. Make the loop 1 beat long, or 4 beats, etc.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 10:40:28 AM »
Is there a way to control the aum clock tempo with midi with this new update? I was using midi flow into midi link into aum and it has latency issues and is jittery. Can't wait to just be able to use midi to tap the tempo directly into  aum . Thanks

Can I stop looking for a way to send hardware MIDI tempo into AUFX Dub because there isn't one?

I am using my BeatStep pro as the master tempo for the rig and although I have MIDI arriving into the iPad, there does not appear to be a way to use the tempo in that MIDI to control the tempo in Dub.  Strange thing is if I disconnect the MIDI cable, the yellow MIDI CLK words go dark and when I reconnect they go yellow, plus if I stop transport on the BeatStep Pro the MIDI CLK words go dark for half a second and then go yellow again.

So I have some sort of connection to Dub from my BeatStepPro. But all along, Dub follows the internal tempo set in AUM.

So do I stop looking, or keep troubleshooting?

Thanks.
Arturia: Player 25 - MiniBRUTE - BeatStepPro - Keylab 25
V Collection 5 - iSpark - iSem - iProphet
iPad: AUM - Studiomux - Link to MIDI
HookTheory
Novation: Launch Ctrl & Control XL & Launchpad S
iRig Keys Pro 37
Ableton Live 9.6x64
Alienware M11x Core i7 1.5GHz-8GB RAM-Win7x64
All licenced & legal

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 11:15:35 AM »

Can I stop looking for a way to send hardware MIDI tempo into AUFX Dub because there isn't one?

I am using my BeatStep pro as the master tempo for the rig and although I have MIDI arriving into the iPad, there does not appear to be a way to use the tempo in that MIDI to control the tempo in Dub.  Strange thing is if I disconnect the MIDI cable, the yellow MIDI CLK words go dark and when I reconnect they go yellow, plus if I stop transport on the BeatStep Pro the MIDI CLK words go dark for half a second and then go yellow again.

So I have some sort of connection to Dub from my BeatStepPro. But all along, Dub follows the internal tempo set in AUM.

So do I stop looking, or keep troubleshooting?

Thanks.

AUFX:Dub prioritise the host sync coming from the host instead of incoming MIDI clock.