Hello Guest

Feature Requests - Program Related & File Playing

• 4 Replies
Feature Requests - Program Related & File Playing
« on: October 05, 2017, 10:41:39 AM »
Hi

I also posted this in AUMX and will repeat what an amazing product you have. My whole Music writing style has improved as it just suits my way exactly. A huge thankyou !!!

First Request - It would be great if you could display the file name currently loaded on the main screen. I use in a live setup and this can be un-nerving if I cant see which is loaded ?

Second - After recording from an instrument I nearly always then load into a track to start layering a song. Could there be some way of "auto" load a recording just made into a track... I thought about this a lot and below seems a great way - if possible :)

1. You add a blank channel
2. Select "+" to show input options. In the resulting menu there is a new option to auto-load the next recording make so you select this.
3. You make your next recording and the resulting file is loaded into the channel in step 1
4. It would then revert to a channel playing this file as per normal file load process.

I hope its not just me but this would be awesome for quick layering and also multiple takes

Thanks and Best Regards

Mike

Re: Feature Requests - Program Related & File Playing
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 11:16:07 AM »
In AUM, you can see the name of the current session by just tapping the menu button once. I'd rather not add any more clutter to the main view, and on iPhone it would be even harder to fit.

Regarding auto-loading recordings, yeah this is something I've been thinking about for a long time as well. Your approach seems interesting but raises a couple of questions:

- What happens if there are multiple channels with auto-load?
- What happens after a channel has loaded the last recording as a file player, and another recording is made. Is it again loaded there, or it just keeps playing its file as normal?
- What happens if user makes several simultaneous recordings (more then one channel)?

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 07:01:25 AM »
hi and thanks for thoughtful reply..

your 3 discussion points and my "humble" response :/

1. if you "arm" a channel to recieve recoring then simply the next one made is loaded.
2. ok. this would for me be a one shot .. if you need to re-record then you "arm" the  channel again manually.....
3. ok... not sure on you archtecture here as i only record 1 track at a time but maybe whatever is recorded (1 or more ---> Wav) can be loaded into "arm" channel..

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 08:24:18 PM »
Yeah, there are various issues and ways this could be solved. One way that I had in mind was to "link" two channels, so that one of them always plays the last recording of the other one. So, in a FilePlayer you'd choose "auto load last recording from channel 3" for example. On the other hand the workflow should be fast and easy. Lots of things to consider here, but hopefully this feature can be implemented in one way or another in some future update :)

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 05:35:58 AM »

Regarding auto-loading recordings, yeah this is something I've been thinking about for a long time as well. Your approach seems interesting but raises a couple of questions:

Automatic loading of recordings would be a great feature. Hope you can add this.