Hello Guest

Audioshare export audio quality

• 3 Replies
Audioshare export audio quality
« on: October 21, 2017, 10:53:12 AM »
Hi,

Please advise what is causing the audio quality to drop on the export?

Check this export from audioshare to whatsapp at around the 5 second mark...

Re: Audioshare export audio quality
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »
So is this a file transcoded by WhatsApp or you converted and named it this way in AudioShare? Did the file sound OK until you imported it into WhatsApp? I think I need more details to understand exactly how you got this file and where the bad quality was introduced..

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 04:56:23 PM »
So is this a file transcoded by WhatsApp or you converted and named it this way in AudioShare? Did the file sound OK until you imported it into WhatsApp? I think I need more details to understand exactly how you got this file and where the bad quality was introduced..

The file was exported from Korg Gadget into Audioshare where the quality is fine.

It is then exported from Audioshare to Whatsapp and sounds terrible when played back in whatsapp.

Hope this makes sense

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 05:23:01 PM »

The file was exported from Korg Gadget into Audioshare where the quality is fine.

It is then exported from Audioshare to Whatsapp and sounds terrible when played back in whatsapp.

Hope this makes sense

Ok. So the file sounded fine in AudioShare, and you tapped "Open in" and choose to export it to WhatsApp, and there it sounded bad. If that's the case, then apparently WhatsApp did something to the file, and you'll have to contact their support and ask why it transcodes your files so badly and if there's any way to have it use the original file instead.

AudioShare does not do anything with the file except when the user specifically convert it to another format or edits it, etc.