Hello Guest

AUM icon bug?

• 14 Replies
AUM icon bug?
« on: October 24, 2017, 11:25:47 PM »
Hey,

I'm running an iPad Pro 10.5 and iOS11.0.3 and the latest AUM update.

Ever since the update, I've noticed the AUM icon doesn't read in some controls, ie. there's a logo there but it's a white circle with matrix grid. I'm guessing that's some sort of broken icon? I've also noticed that when I'm using Auria Pro in the IAA bottom channel slots, it too has this white circle with grid, but when I load Auria Pro in as an input, the icon looks correct.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling AUM twice but it doesn't seem to matter. Is this a known issue? Not a big deal, but just kind of annoying. ;)

Re: AUM icon bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 10:28:16 AM »
This is a known bug in iOS 11 itself. Not anything we can do about it, except report the bug to Apple (please do!).
Note that it happens in all IAA node apps, not only AUM: The host icon is not displayed, regardless of which host.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 03:11:02 PM »
This is a known bug in iOS 11 itself. Not anything we can do about it, except report the bug to Apple (please do!).
Note that it happens in all IAA node apps, not only AUM: The host icon is not displayed, regardless of which host.

I thought that was likely the case, but I haven't noticed any issues with the way the icons are displayed in AudioBus 2, host or otherwise.

That being said, I'm confident you know exactly what you're doing... so if you say it's an iOS11 problem, that's good enough for me. :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:49:24 PM by skiphunt »

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »
Audiobus does not use the Inter-App Audio icons at all, that's why you haven't seen it there :) If you use standard IAA, you'll see it in all node applications: no host icon.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 04:02:21 PM »
Ok. While I've got your attention ;) I noticed something else in AUM.  Before, it seems like when I'd add a few channels to AUM, they'd all align with the same height from top to bottom when in landscape orientation.

Sometimes, now after I make 4 or 5 channels, the one furthest to the left will be correct, but the others will be shorter and not aligned evenly at the top.

I just tried it again to make a screen shot for you, but naturally it looks like it's supposed to. ;) But, I have noticed this weird alignment problem before and within the last couple of weeks. Is this already known too?

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 04:45:35 PM »
Ok. While I've got your attention ;) I noticed something else in AUM.  Before, it seems like when I'd add a few channels to AUM, they'd all align with the same height from top to bottom when in landscape orientation.

Sometimes, now after I make 4 or 5 channels, the one furthest to the left will be correct, but the others will be shorter and not aligned evenly at the top.

I just tried it again to make a screen shot for you, but naturally it looks like it's supposed to. ;) But, I have noticed this weird alignment problem before and within the last couple of weeks. Is this already known too?

Never seen that! Please make a screenshot when it happens next time, and try to note how to reproduce it.

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 12:33:24 AM »

Never seen that! Please make a screenshot when it happens next time, and try to note how to reproduce it.

Appears to mostly happen if I start with portrait orientation in AUM and then rotate to landscape. Sometimes they aren't aligned at the top either.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:05:38 PM by skiphunt »

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 02:49:01 PM »
Let me know if you find a way to reproduce it! And which iOS version is this?

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 03:04:39 PM »
Let me know if you find a way to reproduce it! And which iOS version is this?

Are you seeing the screen shots I uploaded? I don't see them when logged out. Had a lot of trouble getting your forum software to accept a screen shot by the way. Had to reduce the size and then transfer to desktop before they appeared to upload.

I'm on iOS11.0.3 iPad 10.5

I can reproduce it somewhat consistently if I first start by adding channels when iPad in Portrait orientation as I previously stated. Then, when I rotate back into landscape orientation, one or several go out of whack with the alignment.

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 07:30:15 PM »
Here’s another. Easily repeatable

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 09:08:19 PM »
Yes, I see the screenshots.

So, this last one that you say is easily repeatable. Please tell me exactly how to reproduce it. I'm trying but can't trigger this bug on any of my iPads. Maybe it's specific to the 10.5, or maybe I'm not doing it the same way as you.

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 09:43:46 PM »
Yes, I see the screenshots.

So, this last one that you say is easily repeatable. Please tell me exactly how to reproduce it. I'm trying but can't trigger this bug on any of my iPads. Maybe it's specific to the 10.5, or maybe I'm not doing it the same way as you.

Start with ipad in portrait position. Add channel, rotate to landscape and add another channel, etc. I think it's somehow related to the auto alignment adjustment when rotating from portrait to landscape. It's not consistent, but I was able to get it to do it easily in the 3 or 4 times I tried. Granted, most people will start in one orientation and stay there, but if you are the rare bird like me who actually likes to use your ipad in portrait orientation sometimes ;) and you start off only needing one channel, then decide to add a second channel while still in portrait mode, then rotate to landscape realizing you need more room... you'll get this weird inconsistent alignment of the channels.

I don't have another iPad to try and see if it's only the 10.5.

It's not a big deal and doesn't effect the function of AUM. I just know that you appear to be a stickler for fine tuned interface design and thought you might like to know.

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2017, 01:03:23 PM »
Yeah, thanks for the report! Indeed I don't like UI glitches like this and really want it fixed :)
Unfortunately I can't reproduce it here on any of my iPads, but I don't have a 10.5 to test so I'll assume it's specific for that model. Will keep this in mind and hopefully find a fix in the future!

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 05:09:30 PM »
Yeah, thanks for the report! Indeed I don't like UI glitches like this and really want it fixed :)
Unfortunately I can't reproduce it here on any of my iPads, but I don't have a 10.5 to test so I'll assume it's specific for that model. Will keep this in mind and hopefully find a fix in the future!

By the way, it doesn't do this anymore. I think one of the last iOS updates fixed it. Or maybe it was one of the last AUM updates... but whichever it was... it appears to be fixed now. :)

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 09:28:22 AM »
Ok, great! Then I don't need to worry about that :)