Hello Guest

AUM to Ableton

• 2 Replies
AUM to Ableton
« on: November 05, 2017, 09:07:30 AM »
This is what I want to do:
Load to aum few apps (gadget, Beathawk, noise) and Connect my ipad to PC with Ableton. I want to all Channels from AUM go on separate track in my Ableton Project. Is this possible? What interface I should plug to work that way?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:46:40 AM by Jonatan Liljedahl »

Re: AUM to Ableton
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 11:54:32 AM »
You could put your iPad in IDAM mode (See Audio MIDI Setup on the mac), but that allows only 2 channels so you'd need to mix it in AUM.

There are also iConnectAudio, a hardware multi-host audio interface that allows routing audio digitally between two devices. I don't know how many channels it supports..

Also there are third-party software solutions using the USB-lightning cable, like studiomux or MusicIO.

If you don't need to record it in realtime on your computer, you could just record it in AUM (as separate tracks, submixes or whatever way you want) and transfer the recorded files to your computer afterwards. (Easiest way is to use AudioShare with its WiFi-drive enabled)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:56:28 AM by Jonatan Liljedahl »

Re: AUM to Ableton
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 02:19:58 PM »
Thank You for Your answer. I will try by apps for now. The main question is "if usb cable capable to transfer divided signal and put it on separate tracks in Ableton" we will see :)