Hello Guest

AUFX plug-ins will not load in AUM or Audiobus 3

• 9 Replies
AUFX plug-ins will not load in AUM or Audiobus 3
« on: November 08, 2017, 10:04:09 PM »
I have an iPad Air 2 with 64Gigs running iOS 11. Since upgrading the OS none of my AUFX plugs will load in AUM or Audiobus 3. I have uninstalled the plug-ins and re-installed them. I have uninstalled Adiobus 3 and re-installed. I have un-installed AUM and re-installed.

In AUM I keep getting “Unknown error (-10851).”

BTW- uninstalling wipes out session data. Thanks for mentioning that in previous suggestions about how to get you apps to work. Maybe this will save others from making this mistake.

I need a solution here and the answer had better not be to take it up with Apple.

Re: AUFX plug-ins will not load in AUM or Audiobus 3
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 10:16:34 PM »
Addendum: after further trials, this only happens with Space and Push.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 12:08:30 PM »
Unfortunately, this is a known iOS bug. Michael Tyson at Audiobus has reported it to Apple. The theory is some kind of IAA registry corruption.

AUFX:Space and Push shares the exact same basic code for IAA node functionality as the other two AUFX apps, so there's no logical reason there should be a difference.

Are you sure you have uninstalled AUFX:Space and Push and re-installed them, and they still don't load? From what I've heard from other users, this procedure has helped them.

Regarding data loss, when deleting an app iOS explicitly tells you that the app and its data will be deleted. Always back up your data if you want to be able to restore it later. Goes without saying, IMHO.

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 01:45:59 PM »
Also, now with iOS 11 you are able to ‘Offload’ apps in the iOS settings rather than fully delete.
This means the app data will be left on your device, and re-merged with the app when re-downloaded.
It may save some bother and time in 'certain’ circumstances.

Disclaimer:
The info I gave above was for ‘all’, and I take no responsibility for how you use, or the results you get from using  ‘Offload Apps’.

:)

King
:-)

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 12:59:28 PM »
the same applies for Turnado and Quantiloop Pro also get no longer loaded in Aum - and worse: Quantiloop doesn't even show up under Inter-App Audio, as it used to. I assume this is due to the same bug in iOS?

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 01:22:15 PM »
I don't think it's specific for these apps, but rather random which apps are affected. And I assume the apps that stopped working are not loading in other hosts either, right?

It happens to some users after upgrading to iOS 11, possibly when restoring from a corrupted backup. But we don't know much, only guesses so far! Apple is looking into it.

Regarding IAA apps not showing up, are you 100% sure you're looking in the right lists? (source slot or effect slot?) Also keep in mind the sorting option.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 04:10:12 PM »
Make sure you haven't disabled Microphone access to any IAA app in Settings > Privacy.

I just tried, and disabling Microphone access for AUFX there makes it fail with -10851 when trying to load it in AUM.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 06:54:42 PM »
I'm having the same issue. Receiving Unknown error (-10851) trying to load AUFX:Space

New purchase, just purchased the AUFX plug-in bundle; receipt ink still wet. ;)  I'm on iOS 11.1.2 I was trying to run this on my iPhone 6+.  This wasn't an upgrade of iOS 11, I've had 11 since it was launched; I've am keeping my production iPad Air 2 at 10.x, thank goodness.

I am simply running AUM (another new purchase) trying to load the plugin to check it out. I do in fact have microphone off as an input via the privacy settings. 

To be fair, no Fx Inter-App plug-ins I have installed on my phone are working as a plug-in in AUM.  All of them, except the AUFX suite and AUM, were already on my phone prior to upgrading to 11.  However, all my fx Audio Unit Extensions all seem to load fine.

g~

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 10:28:42 AM »
Hi,

As I said: on iOS 11 you must enable microphone access in Settings > Privacy > Microphone for each IAA app, or else they won't load in any host.

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 02:53:48 PM »
Hi,

I misinterpreted your earlier post; that resolved the problem.

Thanks!