Hello Guest

Latched/held Notes to Play with Transport

• 4 Replies

KING

• View Profile
Latched/held Notes to Play with Transport
« on: November 15, 2017, 03:46:39 PM »
I’ve alway wanted to request this, but now with Odessa I really really need it.

When using the latch or hold feature on the keyboard, it would be great if when the transport is stopped and started again the selected note(s) play.
Sometimes I may latch a 8 note chord, only to have to re-enter/select the notes each time I stop n start.

Cheers,

King
:-)

Re: Latched/held Notes to Play with Transport
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:36:25 PM »
Hmm, AUM does not send any note-offs when transport stops, so it's probably the AU plugins that stops their notes when the host transport stops. Not much I can do about that..

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 01:28:58 AM »
Hmm, AUM does not send any note-offs when transport stops, so it's probably the AU plugins that stops their notes when the host transport stops. Not much I can do about that..

I’m talking about AUM's keyboard J.

If I select infinity (8 on its side) and tap a note, it turns orange, and stays on. Stop n start AUM’s transport and the orange colour remains but the note(s) are off, and don’t come back on. Be nice to have an option for it to auto-play selected notes when pressing play/start again.

This happens with any plugin or IAA or AU.

King

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 04:57:47 AM »

Just re-read this ^ gonna do some more experimenting later..

___
See what you mean!

Update: yes indeed, seems ‘some’ apps continue to play, others stop.

Poison-202 is an example of one that stops!
Mood is an example of one that continues...

Hmmm...

King

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:12:07 AM by KING »

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 09:20:53 AM »
Yep, that's what I mean. So there's nothing I can do about it on my end, you'll need to ask the developers of each synth to keep playing held notes even if the host transport stops.