Hello Guest

How do you transfer files from iPad over to a folder in Windows?

• 6 Replies
How do you transfer files from iPad over to a folder in Windows?
« on: November 21, 2017, 06:22:01 PM »
I think iTunes is required which I have installed on the Windows machine. But when I look in iTunes I do not see anything remotely related to AudioShare. And in AudioShare I haven't been able to find the tab or button which will link the iPad to iTunes on Windows. I'm obviously doing something silly, I would really appreciate some assistance with this as I've now been at this for hours and I'm really no nearer my goal than when I first started this enterprise.

Re: How do you transfer files from iPad over to a folder in Windows?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 12:12:47 PM »
Hi,

I don't have any Windows machine myself so I have no idea where to find the File Sharing of apps there..

However, the easiest way to transfer files from AudioShare to computer is the built-in WiFi drive. Tap the blue wifi-button in AudioShare and enable it, then enter the given URL in any standard web browser on your computer. You'll then be presented with a web interface where you can upload and download files between the device and computer.

Both the iOS device and the computer need to be connected to the same local network.

NOTE: You need to keep AudioShare open in the foreground on your device while using this functionality.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:41:14 PM by Jonatan Liljedahl »

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 04:08:04 PM »
Do you mean the built-in WiFi drive on the Apple device or on Windows?

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 04:19:54 PM »
Do you mean the built-in WiFi drive on the Apple device or on Windows?

No, in AudioShare. Tap the blue WiFi button inside AudioShare, and re-read my last reply :)

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 06:19:41 PM »
I just get a page which reads 'This site can’t be reached'

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 06:28:20 PM »
not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I've tethered my phone via usb to my laptop. Could that be why the page doesn't appear perhaps?

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 09:27:08 AM »
Yeah, as I said before, both the iOS device and the computer need to be connected to the same local network. Instead of tethering the phone by cable, share internet via wifi. Follow these instructions for how to set it up: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204023

You would then connect to this wireless network on your computer, and get internet access as well as being on the same local network as the phone.