Hello Guest

Does iFunbox work on the latest iOS / Audioshare version?

• 4 Replies
Does iFunbox work on the latest iOS / Audioshare version?
« on: November 27, 2017, 12:51:36 AM »
When I run iFunbox on my up-to-date iPad Pro, I just see a single folder, inbox. Does it no longer work with iOS 11?

If not, is there a solution which can easily move gigs of files in multiple, embedded folder from PC to iPad and iPhone? Thanks!

Re: Does iFunbox work on the latest iOS / Audioshare version?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 10:30:13 AM »
Have you moved your files to the "iTunes File Sharing" folder in AudioShare? Otherwise, apps like iTunes, iFunbox and iExplorer can't access them. On the other hand, having them in that folder makes them unavailable for AUM, Files app and File Pickers in other apps.

Other possible solutions, except copying them via Dropbox or iCloud or similar (which would go via internet), is to find some app with a File Provider plugin (thus showing up in Files app) that supports connecting to PC file sharing services (smb/cifs/not sure what it's called on Windows). That would make it simple to copy files between AudioShare and the PC via Files app.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 04:30:53 PM »
Thank you. I have not used iTunes File Sharing folder.

Will this work then? Move the folders to Audioshare via iFunbox via iTunes File Sharing folder, then use Audioshare to move out of iTunes File Sharing folder into its working area?

Alternatively, can I download the root folder from Dropbox into Audioshare over Wifi?

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 04:57:11 PM »
Yes, use iFunbox or similar to transfer a bunch of files into AudioShare. They will show up in the "iTunes File Sharing" folder inside AudioShare, where you can then move them out into other folders. The iTunes folder is not accessible from the File Provider and Files app, or from AUMs FilePlayers.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 01:43:36 AM »
Jonatan Liljedahl: thank you! I just tried that out and it seems to work. I didn't realize the folder holding the "Inbox" folder in iFunbox was the iTunes Sharing Folder. It was easy to use iFunbox to copy a folder into Audioshare, then move it out of iTunes File Sharing Folder.

I bought a 256G iPad in part so that I could just copy everything to the iPad and not worry about cloud storage, etc. This will help take advantage of that.