Hello Guest

Possible Keyboard Latching Bug?

• 7 Replies
Possible Keyboard Latching Bug?
« on: November 30, 2017, 06:48:26 AM »
Hey, I noticed that the Scythe IAA wavetable synth, when loaded in AUM and using AUM's keyboard, it always latches to hold no matter how I have it set.

I thought this was just an issue with Scythe (the wavetable one), but I’m having the exact same issue when I load a zMors modular synth patch too. If I play the keyboard in zMors Mod, it’s not latched, but if I play it with the AUM keyboard it is, even though I don’t have AUM’s keyboard set to latch.

Is this a known issue/bug? Or, have I got something set wrong? Or, is it the 3rd party IAAs? Not all synths do this obviously, but now I have two that have the same issue.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:50:44 AM by skiphunt »

Re: Possible Keyboard Latching Bug?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:50:07 AM »
Hi,

I'm not aware of any bug in AUMs internal keyboard, no. I don't have any of those two synths to test with. Have you seen the issue with any other synth?

Perhaps the developers of those synths are not treating NOTE ON with 0 velocity as a NOTE OFF? This is part of the MIDI standard, all MIDI receivers are expected to handle that case. Here's more information on the subject (first google result): https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=291892

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 04:23:10 PM »
Hi,

I'm not aware of any bug in AUMs internal keyboard, no. I don't have any of those two synths to test with. Have you seen the issue with any other synth?

Perhaps the developers of those synths are not treating NOTE ON with 0 velocity as a NOTE OFF? This is part of the MIDI standard, all MIDI receivers are expected to handle that case. Here's more information on the subject (first google result): https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=291892

I went through several instruments last night and only those two did the latch thing. Some didn't respond at all, but most responded as expected. Sunrizer crashed it though. It launches fine by itself, but loaded into AUM it crashes completely. Just thought I'd pass that on. Guessing that's a Sunrizer problem. I'll pass on your midi note regarding the latch keyboard stuff to the Scythe dev. thx

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 04:36:16 PM »
Yeah, I have no control over crashing IAA node apps. (Unless I made them, of course)

Cheers

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 04:45:27 AM »
Yeah, I have no control over crashing IAA node apps. (Unless I made them, of course)

Cheers

Yeah, but didn’t say you did. Just passing on user feedback. Users frequently get caught in the middle. An app exhibits some error or flaw while running in a given host. User contacts developer of failing app, developer blames error on host. User passes it on to host developer and is told it’s the IAA app devs fault.

To be honest though, none of this really matters much to me. Just thought I’d pass some crashing info on to you in case you start getting multiple similar reports.

Take care, and cheers.

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 01:30:25 AM »
I am having the latching/hold bug as well.   Using rozeta cells and multiple synth apps, including kauldron, Syntronik, addictive, Magellan, every note is held when trying to record notes into cells.    I have uninstalled and reinstalled AUM with no change.   Don’t know what to do next.   

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 11:39:02 AM »
I am having the latching/hold bug as well.   Using rozeta cells and multiple synth apps, including kauldron, Syntronik, addictive, Magellan, every note is held when trying to record notes into cells.    I have uninstalled and reinstalled AUM with no change.   Don’t know what to do next.

So this is only happening with Rozeta Cells? Or are the synths not responding to note offs from the internal keyboard when routed directly?

I did a quick test here with AUM's keyboard -> Rozeta Cells -> Kauldron AU, seems to work just fine for me. No hung notes.

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 03:55:03 PM »
There was a workflow error on my end.    Still learning, every day.   Thanks for your help and your application development.