Hello Guest

Processing audio file through effects processor - some work, some don't

• 5 Replies
I'm trying to process a file exported from GarageBand through various effects processors as I want to record without the effect  and process later so as not to bake in a particular effect. I can export the file from GB and import into Audioshare and then process the file using the Recorder / File Player through various effects processors such as Amplitube for iPad, BIAS AMP, BIAS FX and DFX).

When I do the same with Line 6 Mobile Pod, Tonebridge or Amplitube Acoustic (but Amplitube for iPad is fine!) all I get silence in the output file. Has anyone had any success with these apps? Is there something I'm doing wrong for these apps?

Curiously Ampltube Acoustic will work if I use Audiobus with AudioShare-Amplitube Acoustic-AudioShare and Tonebridge too if I use Audiobus with AudioShare-Tonebridge-AudioShare  but Line 6 Mobile Pod does not when trying Audiobus with AudioShare-Amplitube Acoustic Line 6 Mobile Pod.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 05:23:22 PM by QPlayer »

Re: Processing audio file through effects processor - some work, some don't
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 12:34:52 PM »
It seems those apps have a broken Inter-App Audio implementation. I assume they don't work when hosting them in any other IAA host either? Perhaps it sounds like they're working because you can hear them affect the sound, but the sound is not actually coming out of the IAA node into the host, but instead directly to the system output. You can easily test this in AudioShare, to see if the meters are moving with the effected sound or not.

So, if they are broken you'll need to contact their developers and ask them to fix it.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 07:07:05 AM »
I think you may be right about Line 6 Mobile Pod ...

but Tonebridge or Amplitube Acoustic both work ok with AudioBus 2 + AudioShare-Amplitube Acoustic-AudioShare and AudioBus 2 + AudioShare-Tonebridge-AudioShare and also AudioBus 2 + AudioShare-Amplitube Acoustic-GarageBand and AudioBus 2 + AudioShare-Tonebridge-GarageBand. The recording are not done via the speaker + microphone input as they did not pick up background noises so there appears to be a difference between the Audiobus and AudioShare methods.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 03:57:22 PM »
I think you may be right about Line 6 Mobile Pod ...

but Tonebridge or Amplitube Acoustic both work ok with AudioBus 2 + AudioShare-Amplitube Acoustic-AudioShare and AudioBus 2 + AudioShare-Tonebridge-AudioShare and also AudioBus 2 + AudioShare-Amplitube Acoustic-GarageBand and AudioBus 2 + AudioShare-Tonebridge-GarageBand. The recording are not done via the speaker + microphone input as they did not pick up background noises so there appears to be a difference between the Audiobus and AudioShare methods.

Yes, but try them in any other IAA host (not Audiobus) and I bet you'll see the same problem: output goes directly to speaker instead of into the IAA host?

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 11:27:56 PM »
OK, my mistake - IAA not Audiobus!

However after further investigation I can get both Tonebridge and Amplitube Acoustic to work (file player + effect -> moving volume meter tapes) if I plug the iPad into a docking station or plug something such as an iRig Voice into the headphone / external microphone port. Repeatable on second iPad.

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 10:57:55 AM »
OK, my mistake - IAA not Audiobus!

However after further investigation I can get both Tonebridge and Amplitube Acoustic to work (file player + effect -> moving volume meter tapes) if I plug the iPad into a docking station or plug something such as an iRig Voice into the headphone / external microphone port. Repeatable on second iPad.

That's further evidence that the developers of those apps got something mixed up regarding the audio routing while being IAA-hosted.