Hello Guest

au vs iaa

• 1 Replies
au vs iaa
« on: December 23, 2017, 08:30:09 PM »
So I am new to this world... I am using AUM with some app by Bram Bos. When I load say, Troublemaker as an AU, I get only the top portion of the app. Just the part with the knobs and such. If I load it as an IAA, I get the top and bottom, with the sequencer and such.
As a result, if I use the AU version I can't load my presets or change the sequencer. Or really do anything in real-time. Is this just a limitation or am I missing something?
Thanks

Re: au vs iaa
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 11:41:06 AM »
So I am new to this world... I am using AUM with some app by Bram Bos. When I load say, Troublemaker as an AU, I get only the top portion of the app. Just the part with the knobs and such. If I load it as an IAA, I get the top and bottom, with the sequencer and such.
As a result, if I use the AU version I can't load my presets or change the sequencer. Or really do anything in real-time. Is this just a limitation or am I missing something?
Thanks

This is by design (by Bram Bos). He didn't want to include the sequencer in the AU versions of those apps. However, check out his Rozeta sequencer suite for a bunch of cool sequencer AU plugins.