Hello Guest

AUM with BS-16i

• 5 Replies
AUM with BS-16i
« on: January 09, 2018, 01:50:19 AM »
It’s taken me awhile to finally dive into AUM, but now that I have, I’m having a great time with it.

So far, the only problem I’m having is with BS-16i, the multi timbral sample player/sf2 player.

AUM usually remembers whatever program change or settings I’ve made to whatever AU I’m using, but with BS-16i, it appears that if I use multiple instances of it in AUM, they all have to use the same wave table or SoundFont  (SF2). It is possible to set up several instances of BS-16i, using patches from several different SoundFonts, and they work and sound just fine. But when I save the session and come back to it later, all of them are set to the same SoundFont, and then, obviously, the sounds are wrong. Is this a bug, or should I just not be trying to do this? Thanks for any help.

KING

• View Profile
Re: AUM with BS-16i
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 01:34:32 AM »
I’m having issues with bs-16i too... (many). One is similar to what you decribe.

Please send the developer of ‘bs-16i’ an email, so he is aware that other customers are having issues.
It will help!

Cheers

___

King

:-)

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 03:49:39 PM »
That's a bug in bs-16i. Many developers that converts their IAA apps to AUv3 are not aware of some important details regarding how individual instances share memory and process. It's not well documented so I'm not blaming them, just saying it's not easy.. :)

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 06:31:42 PM »
That's a bug in bs-16i. Many developers that converts their IAA apps to AUv3 are not aware of some important details regarding how individual instances share memory and process. It's not well documented so I'm not blaming them, just saying it's not easy.. :)

I’m having issues with bs-16i too... (many). One is similar to what you decribe.

Please send the developer of ‘bs-16i’ an email, so he is aware that other customers are having issues.
It will help!

Thanks for the replies, friends. I’ll try to look up a contact for bs-16i and send them a message.
Cheers

___

King

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 10:40:22 PM »
Is anyone successful in using SoundFont Pro in this manner (multiple instances)?  I am trying to get a pseudo MPE setup using some pretty decent acoustic and electric guitars that are SoundFonts using my Seaboard.  I am figuring on using 6 dedicated instances all set to the same patch on the same sound font - say an acoustic guitar.  This is much the same way it would be done on PC or Mac using Kontakt etc.  Works very well there.

It seems as though some of the sound fonts work ok when used with BS-16i with multiple instances, but I tried to find some "better" sound fonts that happen to be larger and the multi-instance in BS-16i causes the AU to need to be restarted in AUM.  Very similar with SoundFont Pro.  As far as I know those are the only 2 apps that are AU capable that can load/play sound fonts.

Just trying to get un-tethered from the PC to be able to use at a live gig with my iPad Pro and not have to get my laptop involved as I already have the Seaboard, the iPad, an 88 key beast and a Roland 61 key synth as well.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 04:13:48 AM »
I don’t know much about Soundfont Pro, except that I tried it and it seemed buggy and difficult to work with. After that I found BS-16i, which seemed to work much better, and I wound up staying with that, and got a refund for Soundfont Pro.

Regarding previous messages here, I was able to make contact with BS-16i’s developer on his Facebook page and described the problem, and he said simply that it was a limitation of BS-16i and couldn’t be remedied. So I have just resigned myself to using it with the original GM soundfont included with it; it was extremely unwieldy to try and make sure the correct soundfont was loaded into each instance, and then deselect the patch I wanted.