Hello Guest

File player freezes AUM

• 3 Replies
File player freezes AUM
« on: January 11, 2018, 10:24:59 PM »
Hey,
I love AUM app, but after a little use now the file player in AUM doesn’t work. Every time I try to open it - AUM gets frozen. Although, the only way it works now is if I play the file in AudioShare and open it as an app in one of the channels. Disadvantage is that in this case I can play only one file, and using a separate app for this function.
Any ideas what’s causing it? Anyone had the same issue?

iPad Air 2, iOS 11. Free space ~5gb.

Thanks in advance a lot..

Re: File player freezes AUM
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 03:50:32 PM »
That's really weird! Have you tried rebooting your device?

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 11:10:16 AM »
Yeah I did. In fact doing it every time I start a new project by holding power off button and then home button, which should work. Did with full restart as well, still the same.
I noticed that it started to happen after some files in AudioShare have been cropped and edited. And in AUM trying to open a new audio file - app freezes.
However, now I see there might be another issue: AUM project is loaded with Photophore, Fugue Machine, Animoog and internal file player. Every time I open the project, Photophore crashes so have to reload it manually. But if at first all the apps are open (including file player), and only then Photophore is loaded - all seems to work. So I guess there might be two issues: one is that after editing audio files in AudioShare and another, which makes more sense - Photophore app.

Hope I was clear with my explanation... :)

Thanks for reply Jonatan

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 02:46:08 PM »
I don't think the Photophore issue is related.

So, when AUM freezes when trying to open an audio file, in exactly what state does it freeze? Does it load the file first?

And after it has frozen, does it ever unfreeze if you wait a bit or do you manually terminate the app (swiping it out of the multitask view)?

Also, after such a scenario, can you open the same file again without a freeze?