Hello Guest

‘AudioShare’ ... Open where we left it!

• 8 Replies

KING

• View Profile
‘AudioShare’ ... Open where we left it!
« on: January 17, 2018, 01:08:09 AM »
Hey J,

Can we have an option or just make AudioShare open where it left off.

A majority of the time AudioShare will restart if I leave it in the background for a few minutes.
And when I return, I have to drill back down to where I was. Sometimes it can be a process just to remember where I was, much less/more to get there. ;)

AUM does it well, (reload) although AUM can be in the background for an eternity and still be where you left it on return.

I know you understand the request.

Cheers,

___

King

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:10:56 AM by KING »
:-)

Re: ‘AudioShare’ ... Open where we left it!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 02:42:10 PM »
Unless you manually terminated it (swiped it out of the multitasking view), then it should mostly stay exactly where you left it. Having it restarting after just 5 minutes in the background means either you did some very memory-heavy tasks in other apps (so iOS "kicks out" apps that are just sitting idle in the background) or that AudioShare actually crashed while in background. Please have a look and see if you can find any AudioShare crash logs and let me know!

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 07:02:36 PM »
Cheers, I’ll do some experimenting.

I know for sure one project was RAM heavy-ish, but another was a very light session in BM3.

I’ll check it out...

___

King

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 07:04:11 PM by KING »

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 08:06:40 PM »
Hey Jonatan,

I thought the non drilling down of folders was a files app issue. So I deleted it, (still get some version of it when I try to export thought)

However, if I go to an app that’s in ‘On My iPad’ I can get into all the folders and paste stuff there in those apps (BM3 for example). With AudioShare I am only able to get to the root folders.
If this is the way it is (for some reason) how would we be able to copy n paste stuff with AudioShare? (without having to do some major gymnastics)

Like I said I deleted the files app but still don’t get the old AudioShare interface pop up when exporting. The interface was similar to the move interface if I recorrectly.

Any info appreciated!

___

King

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:12:59 PM by KING »

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 08:10:53 PM »
P.S: may as well re-download the Files app :/ ...

:)

King

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 08:22:13 PM »
FYI,

I’m copying single files from folders which contain many files.
Example, I need to choose a Kick Drum from a folder containing 30+ Kick samples, so I need to audition them ‘quickly’. I could do it in Files I guess, but to audition is far from ‘quick’ .. far...

Some peeps are raving about the Files app, but it ain’t there yet, not for my level of experience/work/tasks.

King

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:25:26 PM by KING »

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 10:59:07 AM »
A reboot fixed it, right? (Same problem as in your other post)

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 11:55:11 AM »
A reboot fixed it, right? (Same problem as in your other post)

Nah!

Also just did a reboot to make sure.

I’m able to get into others, including AUM, via “on my iPad” but not AudioShare. Folders just won’t open..

Workaround:
The other day I had to process each file, so that there was a copy made, and then move the copies to where I wanted them. This process is also extra long because I have to then rename each file to remove the added tags Converted, Normalised etc..

___

This brings me to another request: Batch Proceesing.
I would for example like to convert 20 wav loops to M4a, in one go, but also without the added word on the end, so I don’t need to rename them all, individually afterwards. The added tag could be an option we could turn off, (even now). Adding the (1) (2) for the same format etc is enough for many processes. I’m constantly renaming stuff. :)

‘Was just gonna start a new thread about the Batch Processing, but time..”

King
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:03:03 PM by KING »

KING

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 11:58:38 AM »
P.S, I think the original issue was a memory thing, that project is heavy and I don’t notice the issue as much as when I’m working on that project.

King