Hello Guest

"Recording stopped unexpectedly. Error code -1"

• 1 Replies

Tim

• View Profile
"Recording stopped unexpectedly. Error code -1"
« on: February 08, 2018, 04:11:32 PM »
Hello,

Apologies in advance if this has been addressed already - I searched and didn't find it.

I get the above error message fairly often when recording in AUM (preceded by the affected channel number, which is usually several or possibly all of them, each getting its own error message). I've tried, not very systematically and in any case without success, to work out if some particular apps or processes (other than recording, obviously) cause the error.  The only thing I've noticed is that it seems to happen mostly when I adjust parameters in one or more apps while recording. Of course if that is the cause, it's rather limiting.

I'm running AUM on an iPad Air 2,  latest iOS .... well, I haven't actually updated to the latest, but this error message has been appearing for quite a while, and usually I update to the latest iOS within a couple of weeks.

I'd be very grateful for an explanation and even more so for a solution. Thanks a lot!

Re: "Recording stopped unexpectedly. Error code -1"
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 11:17:16 AM »
Most probably the device can't keep up with CPU demand + disk I/O. (Unless you actually don't have enough free storage).

Try recording fewer channels (you can use Mix busses to mix several together), lower the sample rate (unless already at 44.1k), and increasing the buffer size.