Hello Guest

AUM not seeing all 12 outputs of BabyFace Pro

• 8 Replies
AUM not seeing all 12 outputs of BabyFace Pro
« on: February 22, 2018, 08:58:57 AM »
Hi!, Just purchased brand new BF Pro and connected to my iPad Pro 12 "1 gen. Running iOS 11.3 Beta 2 at the moment. AUM doesn't see all 12 outputs of BF Pro, just Left and Right. It's fine with all 12 Inputs, however)). Tried with Auria and Quantiloop - when I unplug the USB and plug it back in again they start to see all 12 ins and outs, but AUM is struggling to do that. BF Pro is powered by good external PSU and connected to iPad via original Lightning to USB3 adapter (the big one).  Any help?

Thanks!

Re: AUM not seeing all 12 outputs of BabyFace Pro
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 03:27:10 PM »
Resolved with RME, thanks!

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 10:57:50 AM »
Good to hear!
What was the solution, in case other users are having the same problems?

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 07:20:36 PM »
Hi Jonatan! RME Total Mix FX has to be installed on iPad (no iPhone version) and in RME Interface settings “Output Channel Count” needs to be set as “Multichannel” - RME’s support guy actually hinted that it is AUM’s problem, not to be able to capture all available outputs of Babyface. There’s no problem with inputs at all. Can you comment on that, please?

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 03:18:42 PM »
Hi Jonatan! RME Total Mix FX has to be installed on iPad (no iPhone version) and in RME Interface settings “Output Channel Count” needs to be set as “Multichannel” - RME’s support guy actually hinted that it is AUM’s problem, not to be able to capture all available outputs of Babyface. There’s no problem with inputs at all. Can you comment on that, please?

Ok! I'm not aware of anything I'm doing wrong on my side, but I'll happily be proved otherwise. :) It's all just standard CoreAudio. A third-party app has no way to have specific control of specific audio interfaces, only their own app (RME Total Mix FX in this case) can do that. If you have the support guys email, please send it to me (privately) and I can check what he meant.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 09:29:01 AM »
Thanks Jonatan! I requested the guy's e-mail from support. Will send you when have it.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 09:38:10 AM »
Sent to you by e-mail. Please keep me posted. Thanks!

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 09:59:56 AM »
Thanks! I've sent RME an email about it, I'll report back.

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 12:48:56 PM »
Ok, I've now added a couple of stuff to my code which will hopefully improve multichannel support for some devices (including BabyFace Pro). Are you on my TestFlight team? If not, please send me your email and I'll add you, we can then test to see if it works.