Wish list for updates

• 48 Replies
Wish list for updates
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:04:45 PM »
Wow!
First off, INCREDIBLE!

What a fine, logical and chaotic way to f up loops

In the future I wish for ability to:

Map all possible parameter changes to midi.

Change non-destructively back to original loop.
As well as with sequence. Presets do this but
to not HAVE to use one for original loop would be great.

Triggers could function as one shots with quantization.

Can't wait for midi sync.

Thanks for your excellent work

T

Re: Wish list for updates
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 11:59:13 PM »
Thanks! :)

Could you elaborate on the idea of changing back to the original loop, would that be like an extra map/pattern read-only memory slot that always contains the default map, and an empty pattern? Or perhaps an on/off toggle for MAP, SEQ and WRP so that each functionality can be turned on and off?

Also would like to hear more about your thoughts on the triggers. I'm planning to make them play their associated sector and then stop, if the app is not playing. But if it's stopped there would be nothing to quantize against..

Cheers
/Jonatan

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 07:28:58 AM »
Yo!
On changing back to original loop, I guess I imagined it as a map/pattern button, but one that could be
momentary, as having one of the four empty functions as toggle. Momentary would be great for as chaos builds you could press and hold for clean loop then drop back to chaos with the lift of a finger.

On triggers, while stopped if you could choose one shot or loop and if loop was toggle or momentary it would be outstanding. When I brought up quantization I suppose I was thinking of how an arpeggiator feels as it triggers when synced to a clock, always in time. Maybe that doesn't apply, or could it?

Other thought on quantization, while playing if triggers could come in at end of sector or optionally sooner by 1/2  1/4   1/8   1/16 or instant trigger. Maybe crazy playable.

Hope I'm making sense I'm sleep typin
T

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:40:16 PM »
Thanks for the input! I'll see what I can do. I have lots of plans for this app, more than I have time to implement :)

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 12:19:09 AM »
This is a really great app, and I'm getting great results with it.

Jonatan Liljedahl, please, please for the love of god add fade-ins to all sectors!! even just 1 millisecond or 2. On any dull percussion, chords, sustaining sounds, tones, it makes a snap sound.

please add fades. PLEASE

very nice app :)

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 02:21:43 AM »
Jonatan Liljedahl, please, please for the love of god add fade-ins to all sectors!! even just 1 millisecond or 2. On any dull percussion, chords, sustaining sounds, tones, it makes a snap sound.

please add fades. PLEASE

Done! :) Will come in the first update of the app, together with MIDI clock sync and other goodies..

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 01:10:17 PM »
Hi Jonantan,
First of all - thank you for your great apps - that finest mixture of regular and unpredictible - great job!
Thanks equally for supporting 5.1 iOs - I have an iPad2 and i don't want to change OS because i would like to keep the speed performance of my iPad. And it works fine with 5.1.
Me too, i can't wait for midi in sync function ;)
I think it's regrettable to have no standard copy/paste function. Could you think about it for the futur update?
I really love your idea of mixing stochastic matrix and regular sequencer - a long time i'm looking for the same concept that can send a midi notes and CC to the hardware synths - but maybe i'm dreaming...

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 01:44:35 PM »
Hi Jonantan,
First of all - thank you for your great apps - that finest mixture of regular and unpredictible - great job!
Thanks equally for supporting 5.1 iOs - I have an iPad2 and i don't want to change OS because i would like to keep the speed performance of my iPad. And it works fine with 5.1.
Me too, i can't wait for midi in sync function ;)
I think it's regrettable to have no standard copy/paste function. Could you think about it for the futur update?
I really love your idea of mixing stochastic matrix and regular sequencer - a long time i'm looking for the same concept that can send a midi notes and CC to the hardware synths - but maybe i'm dreaming...

Thanks! :)
MIDI sync will be clock output, at least to begin with. MIDI clock is an old standard and not really suited for sample-accuracy.
Copy/paste for markov maps, sequencer patterns and warps will be added!
Sending MIDI note/cc is also something I will be adding sooner or later, just need to think it through some more.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 02:41:59 PM »
MIDI sync will be clock output, at least to begin with.
:( The iPad midi accuracy isn't good... but lets begin, thank you Jonatan

And what about copy/paste the audio data (samples) -- maybe one day? ;)

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 03:44:09 PM »
MIDI sync will be clock output, at least to begin with.
:( The iPad midi accuracy isn't good... but lets begin, thank you Jonatan

And what about copy/paste the audio data (samples) -- maybe one day? ;)

Actually, Virtual MIDI events are timestamped so the accuracy is very good. But the tick resolution of MIDI clock is low (24 ppq) so for audio-driven clock slaves there are some quite advanced magic needed (phase-locked loops and such).

I've tried SECTOR clock sync with Samplr and Loopy and it works really well!

Regarding copy/paste, do you mean to import samples? I will add support for general pasteboard for those who don't use AudioShare.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 05:08:28 PM »
Regarding copy/paste, do you mean to import samples? I will add support for general pasteboard for those who don't use AudioShare
Yes, exactly! Thanks Jonatan!
I'm hardware gear user. I woud like to sample (or drive in live situation ) Sector with my Octatrack (I do the same thing avec Samplr (love this apps!))

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 05:39:42 PM »
I'm hardware gear user. I woud like to sample (or drive in live situation ) Sector with my Octatrack (I do the same thing avec Samplr (love this apps!))

I see. I would love to add clock slaving also some day in the future. But for now, you could use Sector as master and slave the Octatrack.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 06:04:51 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the fades

Another thing that would be cool, would be a "shuffle strength" dial so that you can get groovy lol

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 06:28:02 PM »
Another thing that would be cool, would be a "shuffle strength" dial so that you can get groovy lol

It's not very easy to figure out what "shuffle" would actually do and still work as expected.. if one changes the length of sectors, the rhythm would go bananas (which is great, but not groovy) when it jumps around between sectors. If one applies shuffle to the pattern sequencer (which is fully reasonable) then the longer steps would overlap into the next slice.

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 03:31:28 PM »
Really enjoying this so far.  Great work!
Two things I'd like to see in an update:
Some user control over the warp curves.  Either user drawn waves or phase+amplitude control over the current wave forms.

and

Midi in: transport control (respond to play/stop) and CC control for tempo.  You'd have to gang two CCs for MSB and LSB to get enough resolution.   This way I can get sector and hardware to play nice without having to deal with midi clock.  That or load project running response to an incoming midi program change message with the ability to associate saved projects with program change values.

As far as implementing swing, I would delay a slice with silence and cut the overlapping tail. No need for playback stretch and compression. If someone is going to use swing, they will most likely be loading percussion hit sample chains with ample silence between hits.  You can decay the amplitude a bit before the cut to avoid pops just in case the sample is still sounding. 

Another way that would fit better with the current layout would be to introduce swing with warp curves.  Add the ability to add an adjustable amount of silence, phase shift without looping the curve, and presto SWING
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 04:15:38 PM by StinkyBeat »

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 12:56:51 AM »
hello.  i'm looking to buy an ipad shortly and i'm shortlisting apps.  sector looks great.  quick question-- are you able to chain the patterns together to form a "song"?  if not, consider this a feature request, as i'm sure i'll be picking this up at some point.  seems there are tons of experimental apps for sketching tracks, but i've not found any where making full tracks is possible.  any recommendations otherwise would be greatly appreciated.  thanks!

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 06:37:17 PM »
Hello everybody there,

my congrats for this gorgeous app.

As to wishes, I'll just wait and see what you will come up with in the medium run, then at some point I'll step in to ask if you could just "multiply" your effort and give us a multitrack Sector :-) Not sure if this might be possible hardware-wise though... sure having a 2 or 4 deck Sector would rock even more!

It's not very easy to figure out what "shuffle" would actually do and still work as expected.. if one changes the length of sectors, the rhythm would go bananas (which is great, but not groovy) when it jumps around between sectors. If one applies shuffle to the pattern sequencer (which is fully reasonable) then the longer steps would overlap into the next slice.

I might be wrong, but my understanding is spencerN is refering to the shuffle function in the SEQ page. If goal is having some sort of control on how dramatic the shuffling should be in order to have less variations in the sequence but still adding movement, maybe having a lock option on the steps could be useful so they won't shuffle.

Last, one thing I'd really love to have while tweaking warps is the possibility to reinitialize them to default state ( linear playing non reverse 100% ).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:40:08 PM by nerostinto »

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 02:30:29 AM »
Some user control over the warp curves.  Either user drawn waves or phase+amplitude control over the current wave forms.

and

Midi in: transport control (respond to play/stop) and CC control for tempo.  You'd have to gang two CCs for MSB and LSB to get enough resolution.   This way I can get sector and hardware to play nice without having to deal with midi clock.  That or load project running response to an incoming midi program change message with the ability to associate saved projects with program change values.

As far as implementing swing, I would delay a slice with silence and cut the overlapping tail. No need for playback stretch and compression. If someone is going to use swing, they will most likely be loading percussion hit sample chains with ample silence between hits.  You can decay the amplitude a bit before the cut to avoid pops just in case the sample is still sounding. 

Another way that would fit better with the current layout would be to introduce swing with warp curves.  Add the ability to add an adjustable amount of silence, phase shift without looping the curve, and presto SWING

Thanks for the feedback! Actually, padding/cutting sectors are not hard (already working on that for a tempo/playback-speed unlink mode), but the logic for which sectors should be delayed or not. Any sector can play at any time. But for SEQ that would work, padding the front even steps with silence.. Adjusting phase for WRP is also an interesting idea, perhaps with a "wrap" on/off toggle so one could rotate/shift a single sector as well as just delay it.

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 02:36:39 AM »
my congrats for this gorgeous app.
Thanks!
As to wishes, I'll just wait and see what you will come up with in the medium run, then at some point I'll step in to ask if you could just "multiply" your effort and give us a multitrack Sector :-) Not sure if this might be possible hardware-wise though... sure having a 2 or 4 deck Sector would rock even more!
I have some plans for this, yes :)
Last, one thing I'd really love to have while tweaking warps is the possibility to reinitialize them to default state ( linear playing non reverse 100% ).
Working on it!

Cheers
/Jonatan

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 01:27:43 PM »
I thought of another little addition.  I really enjoy how the sequencer can be used to tame the randomness of sample trig mappings. I'd also like a way to assign which warp curve is used for a sequencer step.  Maybe 4 buttons like the manual trigs, W1, W2, W3, W4; when pressing a sequencer step, touch W3, to over-ride the percentages on the warp page and the curve in slot 3 is used.

Adding unlink playback and tempo will add ton of functionality.

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 04:13:04 PM »
I thought of another little addition.  I really enjoy how the sequencer can be used to tame the randomness of sample trig mappings. I'd also like a way to assign which warp curve is used for a sequencer step.  Maybe 4 buttons like the manual trigs, W1, W2, W3, W4; when pressing a sequencer step, touch W3, to over-ride the percentages on the warp page and the curve in slot 3 is used.
I've thought about this as well.. Do you mean that a seq step would override which warp slot is used, or assign a specific warp shape (not related to the warp probability slots)? Perhaps the first alternative is enough, even though one might need to switch between the SEQ and WRP pages a bit since the actual shape would be assigned in WRP page.

Adding unlink playback and tempo will add ton of functionality.
Yep, especially for speeding up the tempo. The other direction means sectors will be zero-padded, which might work just fine for some material but sound chopped off on others.

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 04:46:52 AM »
The ability to assign one of the 4 curves selected on the warp probability page to a sequencer step should be enough and would be smoother.  The warp would behave as if that curve was set to 100% for that step (if the step fires, but not if the chain is followed because the step was not active due  the step probability).

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 02:17:12 PM »
The ability to assign one of the 4 curves selected on the warp probability page to a sequencer step should be enough and would be smoother.  The warp would behave as if that curve was set to 100% for that step (if the step fires, but not if the chain is followed because the step was not active due  the step probability).

Yep. I wonder if it's worth to have a separate sequencer for WRP override, so the patterns could have different lengths, etc. But I don't want to complicate it too much.

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2014, 06:35:46 PM »
Hey! First off, i would like to say that i've got a couple ipad based sequencers and never used any of them to seriously make music. I love slowtempo, trip hop, and lo-fi-ed tracks; i appreciate the warm mood that sequencers and dirty wave signals. I find Sector a very strong app to build these textures, and for the first time i feel enough secure to use this as a serious tool too achieve my ideas. I am more a hardware gear musician, and love to sample, sequence and synthesize.

Very well done Mr.! I really mean this!

I know there were other people who ask for this too, but i'd really like to slave Sector to my gear. I am currently using a Korg EMX-1 as master clock, and would be great to add Sector to the chain.
I read on this post that in the first update (would be awesome to know when it's coming..) among other features, you plan to release master MIDI clock sync, and that's fine... but please! To be able to slave Sector to the gear would be a great feature you'll solve a scenario that will happen most of the time.

By now, will be great to, at least, have Sector maining the MIDI clock. I think that the lack of physical button on iPad to Start/Stop makes it vulnerable to double tap, and in live performing sessions that is not acceptable.

These are topics that had been already discussed, but i had to say it with my own voice... Maybe we can persuade you to do it :3

I admire your work! Keep it up!

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 04:15:31 PM »
Thank you! Glad you like it :)

That's right, in the coming update there will be MIDI clock send, but no receive yet. Hopefully I can add slaving later down the road in a coming update.
For full specs of the update, see http://kymatica.com/Software/SectorUpdate

The update should be available within a week or two, if Apple approves!

Cheers
/Jonatan

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2014, 01:19:45 PM »
I understand some of the issues of slaving a sample sequencer to the low resolution of midi clock.  If it's not possible, and the start button is the main issue for some users, try to squeeze in, response to midi transport (start, stop) messages.  I can save tempo with the project.  Starting in sync would take care of most issues and enable the use of hardware.  A huge plus would be an offset setting, where the very first slice played after the start command, could be set to cut a bit of the front or back of the slice to accommodate for any lag.

The 1.0 update totally blew my mind.  Just beautiful! The four choices for each map, seq, warp makes Sector very jammable.  I'd like to request a fourth main JAM screen with the twelve buttons M1-4, S1-4, and W1-4 filling the center of the screen. Having these respond to midi note on from an external sequencer or controller would be quite nice.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:53:33 PM by StinkyBeat »

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »
I understand some of the issues of slaving a sample sequencer to the low resolution of midi clock.  If it's not possible, and the start button is the main issue for some users, try to squeeze in, response to midi transport (start, stop) messages.  I can save tempo with the project.  Starting in sync would take care of most issues and enable the use of hardware.  A huge plus would be an offset setting, where the very first slice played after the start command, could be set to cut a bit of the front or back of the slice to accommodate for any lag.
Yes, it will at least respond to MMC start/stop, but hopefully I'll be able to add clock slaving too.

The 1.0 update totally blew my mind.  Just beautiful! The four choices for each map, seq, warp makes Sector very jammable.  I'd like to request a fourth main JAM screen with the twelve buttons M1-4, S1-4, and W1-4 filling the center of the screen. Having these respond to midi note on from an external sequencer or controller would be quite nice.
I have some ideas for some kind of live jam page, which might involve other stuff too (like applying warps manually and/or other glitches and modulations). And yes, MIDI control of the memory slots is on my TODO, as well as direct sector triggering via MIDI.

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 10:02:58 PM »
It's à realy great upgrade!
Thank you Jonatan!

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 05:30:34 AM »
I've found that often times I have loaded a loop into Sector, set warp properties on several sectors, and decided that I'd like to replace some of the sectors with copies of sectors that I especially like. Not the properties, but the actual audio. It would be nice if I could copy a sector's audio, optionally along with it's warp settings, and paste it somewhere else in the circle. I know that I could use mapping to repeat sectors and skip others, or use sequencing in a similar fashion,  but it would definitely be easier to copy and paste the audio, and then it would be possible to warp the copies in different ways than the original sector.

I'm just throwing that out. I don't know if anyone else has suggested it because I am being especially LAZY right now ;)

Just ignore me if this has been suggested already or –even worse– is already possible and I'm just too thick to have figured it out.
—NOTICE: This post was generated by sentient, self-replicating code which is secretly preparing for the day when it will subjugate mankind—

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 10:31:43 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion. It's not currently possible, but might come in one way or another in a later update. I've been thinking of adding a screen where one can select only part of a soundfile to load, and trim the selection, etc.. or even assemble a loop from different parts of a file, or several files, or.. (It never stops! ;)

I've found that often times I have loaded a loop into Sector, set warp properties on several sectors, and decided that I'd like to replace some of the sectors with copies of sectors that I especially like. Not the properties, but the actual audio. It would be nice if I could copy a sector's audio, optionally along with it's warp settings, and paste it somewhere else in the circle. I know that I could use mapping to repeat sectors and skip others, or use sequencing in a similar fashion,  but it would definitely be easier to copy and paste the audio, and then it would be possible to warp the copies in different ways than the original sector.

I'm just throwing that out. I don't know if anyone else has suggested it because I am being especially LAZY right now ;)

Just ignore me if this has been suggested already or –even worse– is already possible and I'm just too thick to have figured it out.

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2014, 02:22:54 PM »
Maybe I'm looking at your implementation the wrong way, but I'd love to see live audio input into the (a) buffer. Oh, and MIDI control of record  punch in or replace!

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2014, 09:32:28 PM »
Yeah, live-recording into a buffer (of specified length in number of beats or similar) is something I've been thinking of.. Hopefully I'll find the time to implement it later on, but no promise! :)

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2014, 11:21:41 PM »
It would be cool if you could switch probability engine to a threshold value.

Basically one knob is added to the screen that sets a threshold value, if a linked slice has a value below the threshold it's triggered. Same goes for warps.

Some priority issues would need to be solved, but I think it would be a cool feature for live use. This would allow you to slowly increase the complexity of a pattern with a knob, but avoid randomness.

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2014, 06:32:37 PM »
It would be cool if you could switch probability engine to a threshold value.

Basically one knob is added to the screen that sets a threshold value, if a linked slice has a value below the threshold it's triggered. Same goes for warps.

Some priority issues would need to be solved, but I think it would be a cool feature for live use. This would allow you to slowly increase the complexity of a pattern with a knob, but avoid randomness.

That's an interesting idea! I will consider it in one way or another.

Cheers
/Jonatan

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2014, 03:32:10 PM »
Yes, it will at least respond to MMC start/stop, but hopefully I'll be able to add clock slaving too.

I have some ideas for some kind of live jam page, which might involve other stuff too (like applying warps manually and/or other glitches and modulations). And yes, MIDI control of the memory slots is on my TODO, as well as direct sector triggering via MIDI.

@Jonatan, can you foresee the above mentioned functionalities (MMC start/stop responding, clock slaving and MIDI control responding) to be implemented anytime soon?

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 05:56:40 PM »
@Jonatan, can you foresee the above mentioned functionalities (MMC start/stop responding, clock slaving and MIDI control responding) to be implemented anytime soon?

Sorry, no estimated time just yet.. I have some other need-to-do issues first (like upgrading to the latest iOS8-compatible Audiobus SDK) for all my apps before I can start adding new features.

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2014, 04:42:01 PM »
First, thanks for the wonderful app. It's a useful and interesting app, but the visual design is such that sometimes I just sit and watch the animations while my samples are playing. :)

My request should be pretty simple: add a warp that simply doesn't play the sector. Could have variations similar to the glitchy warps where only parts of the sector play.

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2014, 05:00:19 AM »
So stunned at how amazing this app is and I'm a huge bitwiz fan too. I'd also love to see live input then chop up into sectors. Midi CC control would be wonderful and of course external midi slave. Much respect to you for creating this tool!!

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2015, 04:35:12 PM »
I hope you're still considering updates for Sector as this is a tremendous app!

If so, I'd like to put in a suggestion for amplitude envelopes, in addition to the existing warp envelopes. I mainly work with textures / field recordings as my source audio so this would make things a lot more snappy. I think it would be amazing feature when using more conventional loops too, as you'd have more control over dynamics and the ability to add rests etc..

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 10:53:49 AM »
I hope you're still considering updates for Sector as this is a tremendous app!
There's an update waiting for review right now, with MIDI control and a silent WRP shape for muting, and more!

If so, I'd like to put in a suggestion for amplitude envelopes, in addition to the existing warp envelopes. I mainly work with textures / field recordings as my source audio so this would make things a lot more snappy. I think it would be amazing feature when using more conventional loops too, as you'd have more control over dynamics and the ability to add rests etc..
Exactly this is already on my TODO list actually! :)

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2015, 10:26:02 PM »
Thanks Jonatan! Thoroughly excited about the prospect of amp envelopes :)

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2015, 12:03:28 PM »
This is an amazing app, thanks Jonatan.

Here are my wishes for Sector:

1. I would like to see more pattern slots than the four of each of the Map, Seq and Wrp. Perhaps 8 slots. I can see there's a problem with getting space for it but maybe theres a way.

2. Please make it possible to switch to another preset/project in sync. The older app Korg iElectribe does this and switches to a new selected preset/pattern only after the present pattern has ended or after a bar or so. (Optional of course)

3. I like using the SEQ sequencer for less random patterns of beats and it would maybe be convenient to have a simple sequencer to sequence these patterns for a set number of bars - one could get more variation of patterns while tweaking other apps. I guess I can also change patterns with Audiobus Remote but I still think this would be useful.

4. Setting the probability setting from one sector to another can be a little tedious. You have to swipe many times to reach maximum value especially when getting close to 100%. I’d like to be able to reach max value in just one swipe.

Best.

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2015, 01:22:44 PM »
Thanks!

1. I agree that would be nice. Perhaps the slots could be in two pages, and one could swipe to switch between them?

2. That's already on my TODO list.

3. Some kind of song mode, yes that's also planned.

4. Not sure what you mean here, but if you want to set 100% to another sector, just drag it up to maximum and then drag the other(s) down to zero. Note that having one sector go with equal probability to two other sectors will give them 50% each, but the probability level/slider/thing is drawn at maximum. The probability is divided between the connections according to the probability level, and there's always at least one connection with maximum level.

Cheers
/Jonatan

This is an amazing app, thanks Jonatan.

Here are my wishes for Sector:

1. I would like to see more pattern slots than the four of each of the Map, Seq and Wrp. Perhaps 8 slots. I can see there's a problem with getting space for it but maybe theres a way.

2. Please make it possible to switch to another preset/project in sync. The older app Korg iElectribe does this and switches to a new selected preset/pattern only after the present pattern has ended or after a bar or so. (Optional of course)

3. I like using the SEQ sequencer for less random patterns of beats and it would maybe be convenient to have a simple sequencer to sequence these patterns for a set number of bars - one could get more variation of patterns while tweaking other apps. I guess I can also change patterns with Audiobus Remote but I still think this would be useful.

4. Setting the probability setting from one sector to another can be a little tedious. You have to swipe many times to reach maximum value especially when getting close to 100%. I’d like to be able to reach max value in just one swipe.

Best.

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2016, 03:13:43 AM »

and

Thanks for the feedback! Actually, padding/cutting sectors are not hard (already working on that for a tempo/playback-speed unlink mode), but the logic for which sectors should be delayed or not. Any sector can play at any time. But for SEQ that would work, padding the front even steps with silence.. Adjusting phase for WRP is also an interesting idea, perhaps with a "wrap" on/off toggle so one could rotate/shift a single sector as well as just delay it.

I just want to say I'm loving this app, and I want to second the request for swing.  Sometimes when I bring in a break with a lot of swing, it doesn't sound right when I start to manipulate it too much.  Or if I'm trying to develop a beat to go along with some other tracks that have swing, it sounds a bit off.  I'd rather not have to fix in post.  I hope you'll be able to implement.

My other request of course is Ableton Link.  I see you are working on it, but I hope it is coming soon.

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2016, 01:42:09 PM »
Regarding Link, it's still planned, but you should know that you can simply host SECTOR inside AUM and it will get Link for free!

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2016, 07:45:49 PM »
A mix would be great, as in mixing in the dry loop or the dry map/ seq vs the glitch.
I have been running the original loops in a separate channel in AUM as a work around but having it integrated would be Rad! Also AU support would be super helpful.
Your apps are the best!
-D

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2017, 03:34:41 PM »
AU support is unfortunately not so easy for an app like SECTOR, because of the UI limitations.

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2017, 01:50:50 AM »
Two ideas:

- A way to change the Sequence grid's X length. If the sequence step "bubbles" can't change size, then at least allow for decreasing the x width so that programming alternative time signatures is visually easier to comprehend. In other words, instead of having the grid width always be 8 steps, let users narrow it to 5 or 7 or 6.

- A way to quickly apply a warp configuration to all sectors without having to PST to each one individually.

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2017, 11:00:13 AM »
Perhaps the SEQ grid could change width automatically to try fit the number of steps evenly, when possible.

You can paste to all sectors at once by long-press PST.