Hello Guest

Request for enable/disable scrolling

• 5 Replies

Josef

• View Profile
    • Josef Novotny
Request for enable/disable scrolling
« on: March 27, 2018, 05:44:53 PM »
With iOS 11 slide over became more attractive, at least I am using it a lot more. But there is one problem:
If there are enough channels in AUM, so that scrolling is possible, when I want to access a second app in slide-over mode, a swipe from the right side brings AUM to scroll first, and only the second swipe brings the little window (the other app) in.
It is different, if any sub-window is open like bookmarks for instance. So this is a workaround to temporarily open a context window, slide over and go on. But it would be great, if there were a dedicated button for enabling/disabling scrolling.

Although, it might be even better, if AUM does not scroll at all when swiping in from the side (if this is possible by  specification of iOS.) Then there would be no urgent need for a scroll-lock button from my point of view. Maybe I am the only user with this desire.
Anyway, thank you for everything!
Josef
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 04:02:11 PM by Josef »

Re: Request for enable/disable scrolling
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 11:32:17 AM »
I'll look into it if something like that's possible (ignoring swipe if it comes from screen edge).

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 11:36:30 AM »
But oh, wait.. This gesture is iOS 10 only. In iOS 11 the slide-in-from-edge is gone, instead you do that through the dock.

Josef

• View Profile
    • Josef Novotny
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 02:53:52 PM »
yes, the first time you have to open the app from the dock, but then it is remembered as side-app and available for slide-in-from-edge. Or did I misunderstand you and you meant something else?

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 03:38:11 PM »
Is this on iOS 11? As far as I can tell, there's no slide-in-from-edge gesture anymore. Instead, you slide up from bottom to show the dock, then tap and hold an app and drag it up onto the screen.

Josef

• View Profile
    • Josef Novotny
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 03:58:33 PM »
Yes, exactly, this is how I know it on iOS 11. But then, once you have it there, it is like on iOS 10. You slide to the right to get it off the screen and slide in from the right to get it onto the screen again. And here is the problem I described. Not really a big problem, I admit, but if it could be solved ...