Hello Guest

Disabling apps, switching channels, Lemur

• 2 Replies

JES

• View Profile
Disabling apps, switching channels, Lemur
« on: June 03, 2018, 04:51:10 PM »
Greetings.

I'm considering switching from a computer setup to an iPad setup for performance.

To do this, I would AUM on an iPad, connected to an RME Babyface, which will be connected to a Linnstrument for control and performance.

I'm wondering if there is a way to set up macros to switch bundles of channels.  EG, one preset where there's Moog Model D and Neo-Soul Keys, and another where there is iDensity and Ravenscroft 275.  Both presets would have the same send/return effects (Dubstation and Eos).I 'd like to be able to switch almost instantaneously--though it would be between songs, not in-song.

My original plan was to assign it to knobs and buttons, but you can't use a USB hub with the iPad and the RME.   

Bonus if there's a way to temporarily turn off the apps not being used without totally closing them and losing the loaded preset and settings within the app.  Basically, I'm looking for something that could workthe way you'd turn off devices in an Ableton Live set to save CPU without actually deleting them from the set.

Also, is anyone using Lemur to control AUM and effects at the same time, for instance, to turn up a send on a channel and feedback on a delay at the same time?

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

JES

• View Profile
Re: Disabling apps, switching channels, Lemur
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 02:14:38 PM »
Bump.

Re: Disabling apps, switching channels, Lemur
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 02:18:32 PM »
There's currently no way to instantly switch out bundles of channels like that. My best bet is to include all the channels you need, and either bypass the channel source nodes when not used, or use the mute or level fader.

Having the ability to turn off nodes without deleting them is an interesting idea. Unfortunately it wouldn't work well for hosted IAA apps, but could work for AU plugins (since they can easily be restored to the same state).