Hello Guest

Feature Request: Metronome PO/Korg Sync Option

• 5 Replies
Feature Request: Metronome PO/Korg Sync Option
« on: June 12, 2018, 05:02:47 PM »
I see that the metronome has pretty extensive configuration and routing options. It would be very helpful if we could choose a metronome tone that would allow synths like Korg Volcas, Pocket Operators, and Electribes to sync to AUM. I could sample the sync audio if it would help with the process.

Re: Feature Request: Metronome PO/Korg Sync Option
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 02:11:30 PM »
You could try sampling the sync audio and put it in a looping FilePlayer node! At least I know it works for simple clock signals, to sync modular synthesizers via a DC-coupled audio interface.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 03:02:19 PM »
Can you use the SyncKontrol app and Ableton Link?

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 07:20:21 PM »
There are certainly various workarounds and they all come with limitations.

As I was working through some of those workarounds, I came across the metronome in AUM. I was surprised at the level of configuration and routing options for it. I immediately thought, "I bet it wouldn't take much effort to make this sync compatible". Says the guy that doesn't have to do the coding...lol. In my head this is just switching out the sample/sound used by the metronome and probably fixing the level. With that being said, I'm sure there's more to it than that.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 10:11:35 PM »
There are certainly various workarounds and they all come with limitations.

As I was working through some of those workarounds, I came across the metronome in AUM. I was surprised at the level of configuration and routing options for it. I immediately thought, "I bet it wouldn't take much effort to make this sync compatible". Says the guy that doesn't have to do the coding...lol. In my head this is just switching out the sample/sound used by the metronome and probably fixing the level. With that being said, I'm sure there's more to it than that.

Well, if the sync signal is a simple clock pulse, then it's quite easy.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 01:50:26 PM »
Yes...it’s a simple pulse signal. Loud and a super short decay.