Hello Guest

"continuously" checking for bluetooth known network ?

• 4 Replies

crony

• View Profile
"continuously" checking for bluetooth known network ?
« on: July 05, 2018, 04:32:58 PM »
Hi !

I've set a bluetooth network between 3 iPads. (1 is the master, the 2 other one are "slaves")

Sometimes on of the iPad crash (or reset...) then I launch it again, but the bluetooth connection is lost.

Could it be possible to add an option (maybe at launching the app ? or the presets on each iPad ?) to check that the working configuration is properly set ?

Actually, I launch the 3 AUM instances, then set the bluetooth network, then launch each preset (first from the master iPad, that send the proper "wired" bluetooth links, then on the 2 other ipads, that can connect to the incoming bluetooth connections) and it works well.
But if some of the iPAd crashes, it becomes a bit more tricky and hazardous... (in term of cold blood mainly :D )

In all cases, I need to reload the 2 other presets to get back the proper bluetooth connections, or edit manually the midi config and rely the dots, it's indeed just one connection to make on each iPad, but while you are playing a beat and some others synths on the other ipads you can't stop...
Worst case : the main iPad crash, and here, no sound at all...When it gets back to life, you have the 2 other iPad running coming directly (audio) but no midi...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 12:20:54 PM by crony »

crony

• View Profile
Re: "continuously" checking for bluetooth know network ?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 04:45:01 PM »
A solution might be a flashing button close to the vu-meter that indicates that the defined configuration is still broken, then pushing it would check and get back in place everything. (a kind of shortcut emergency bluetooth button)
This button would be "connected" to other AUM instances, so you could tap it on any iPad, then it would disappear on the other instances.

I'm thinking about this, because I guess in term of security bluetooth needs a user action to activate, right ?

crony

• View Profile
Re: "continuously" checking for bluetooth known network ?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 12:44:51 PM »
Hi,

I just thought about a way to also define the secure bluetooth "wires" and also midi routes thru bluetooth :

A padlock icon on the bluetooth screen on each bluetooth coonextion.
A padlock on top and right on the the midi route panel on each midi connection.

These padlock could be opened / closed indicating that they have been set for this preset.

Then, a flashing red button would appear close to the vu-meter if something is wrong.

Does that sound possible ?

crony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 02:57:11 AM »
Ok, forget it, seems Bluetooth is already robust right now, I found the proper way to switch on everything, reduced useless midi signals, everything works fine...for now... :)

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 11:15:51 AM »
I think this will solve itself when I implement "persistent" midi connections, so that re-plugging a midi device (or bluetooth virtual device) makes it reconnect automatically.