Hello Guest

Timing stability?

• 2 Replies
Timing stability?
« on: July 27, 2018, 09:46:49 AM »
I’ve searched the forum but couldn’t find an answer. Can anyone help?
I’m finding that in AUM that when I scroll around and also just randomly I’m finding that the timing of drums etc is all over the place. I have iPad mini 3 - using Rozeta with Ruismaker, Ripplemaker and troublemaker. Sometimes it seems stable but other times terrible.

crony

• View Profile
Re: Timing stability?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 06:41:33 PM »
Hi,
I have deactivated effects on the iPad (while switching apps) put everything in the "simpliest" mode I could, but still having this issue also.
All I can think of right now is to wait for IOS 12 that seems to be performance oriented...
Then, switch apps as less as you can using midi controllers...But then you'll need Program Change and you'll discover that is something that likely all app developers does not include (including the great Brambos apps) which makes them unusable in a live/pro performance... :(

Re: Timing stability?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 11:07:36 AM »
This is probably the iOS-bug that makes UI activity such as scrolling affecting the audio performance, but only on some device models, for some users! I've been in contact with Apple developers about this issue for some time, and as far as I know they're working on it..