Hello Guest

Feature Request: A way to combine Sessions

• 4 Replies

XiK

• View Profile
Feature Request: A way to combine Sessions
« on: July 28, 2018, 12:17:14 PM »
Would be great if you could have one session open, then open another session on top of that session, so in essence a way to combine different sessions.

End result would be simply channels from session B added on to channels from session A, with perhaps the tempo from session A (the currenty opened session) taking precedence.

Why? Well say you are working on a beat and want to take a melody from another session, it would save you the time of having to set up all the channels again.

Hopefully that all makes sense, and if there is a way to do this already, please post how to do so!

crony

• View Profile
Re: Feature Request: A way to combine Sessions
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 01:05:58 PM »
Hi,

Here, the only solution I can think about see is a copy/paste function.
That would be nice, but it's also hard to figure what to include in the copy, also the routing ? should be a tricky one...

What I'm doing actually is a big "template" with all my synths, routed with the assignation, then I start from that, delete the unwanted synths...
Take ages to organise it, but start to works now... :)

XiK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 11:01:49 PM »
It could probably be done, even with the routing. You would essentially just be adding one session on to the end of another, and so all the data would just have to be directed to a new set of channels.

crony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 03:35:05 PM »
Well, there's no timeline, no sequencer involved in AUM, how would you define the ending of a session ?
That's something you might organize in your sequencer (Cubasis, BM3) having all synths organized in AUM and attributed to midi channels, then the sequencer would be "linked" to the right one.
That means all synths would be loaded in AUM, I tried that, but it's too CPU consuming, maybe exclusively with AUv3 synths...But I doubt that...

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 11:01:23 AM »
Yeah, I'm planning to add a feature to "import" one or more channels from already saved sessions. This would allow merging of sessions, as well as a way to make templates for re-use.