Hello Guest

ReSlice and AUM (Happy Bug?)

• 1 Replies

KING

• View Profile
ReSlice and AUM (Happy Bug?)
« on: August 01, 2018, 04:28:22 PM »
Hey J,

There is an effect that AUM's keyboard produces with Virsyn ReSlice, that I LOVE, but it may be an AUM bug..

—————

Steps to produce the effect!

ReSlice:
1, In ReSlice (Standalone) load the Dubstep preset.
2, Change the Hold/Sync setting to “Key Sync”.
3, Run your finger on C2 C#2 back and forth, about twice a second (or any notes really, just do some back n forth movement). [I was testing at 174 bpm].
You will notice that the sample/Arp re-triggers from the beginning of the Arp, from each note respectively. This seems normal, as it does it in BM3 and Auria Pro too.

In AUM:
Follow all the steps in AUM, but load as AU.
Notice it does not re-trigger, and that it does not loose timing, if you play it with metronome or something.
(Exactly the same settings in both apps, both up to date)

The effect sounds much better when using my samples, but I used “Dubstep” because it is available to all for testing.

Now!
The most IMPORTANT! part is this:
I Love the way it plays in AUM, although it may even be a bug. And I would Love Virsyn to have the relevant info to make it happen and add it as a feature (if possible).

(...Side-note: I can achieve a similar effect if Hold/Sync is Set to “Standard” but that setting does not re-trigger from the beginning of the Arp. I was hoping Virsyn could combine the two settings or something..)

I’m not sure how else to describe it, and I first mentioned it to Virsyn over a year and a half ago. (Glissando - Legato?)

I am sending this to both Kymatica and Virsyn.

If all else, I’ll put this over on the AB forum.

Cheers,

King

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 04:57:19 PM by KING »
:-)

KING

• View Profile
Re: ReSlice and AUM (Happy Bug?)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 06:40:55 AM »
It’s okay!

I’ve found some other apps that do the magic. I was just concerned that if it was a bug, one day AUM may have fixed itself.

All good!

King
:-)