Hello Guest

WRP applies to multiple sectors, why?

• 3 Replies
WRP applies to multiple sectors, why?
« on: March 31, 2014, 09:11:51 PM »
Hi Jonatan
I upgraded v1.0 at my iPad and I noticed a strange thing :
I create a new clear project
I change a WRP curve only at one slice (reverse 100% for exemple) and Sector apply it to all slices!
Is it normal?
A little precision : Sector does it when all curves at all slices are 0%. And Clear function resets all curves at 0% - you programed it differently from the previus version?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:41:55 PM by Jonatan Liljedahl »

Re: WRP applies to multiple sectors, why?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 11:40:34 PM »
(Since this is a common question, I choose to split this into a separate thread.)

You put every slot at 0% for all sectors, and then add one WRP shape for only one sector, but still it applies this warp to all sectors! why?

Because, the choice of warp shape should actually be seen as "change warp at this sector" instead of "apply warp for this sector".
When all slots are at 0%, it means: continue with whatever warp is currently active.

To make a sector play normally, put a linear warp shape (00) in one slot and set the probability slider to maximum. This will ensure that each time this sector is played, it will change back to normal un-warped playing.

In the current 1.0 version of SECTOR, the CLR button clears all warp slots to 0% which gives this behavior by default, but I will change it in the next update to automatically add a 100% linear warp shape on each sector, to minimize confusion.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 06:04:11 PM »
This was throwing me too.   Defaulting to 100% linear seems much more intuitive.   In the meantime we can set up a sector with 100% linear and copy and paste. 

Thanks for a great update Jonatan.

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 07:37:37 PM »
Jonatan,
Thanks for explaination - it´s clear for me now
Defaulting to 100% linear seems much more intuitive.
+1