Hello Guest

MIDI-controllable Tap Tempo in AUFX:Dub?

• 6 Replies
MIDI-controllable Tap Tempo in AUFX:Dub?
« on: July 17, 2015, 12:03:33 AM »
Hi Guys

AUFX:Dub is a fantastic plugin!  Best I've yet seen for getting that old-school dub vibe.

However, I can't figure out any way to set the tempo using my different MIDI hardware controllers.

I've tried, but can't seem to select the Tap button in the MIDI learn command.

I really need this feature, if it is possible to implement, as I'm doing some live reggae/dub stuff.  I imaging others may have the same problem.

The ability to set the echo rate by  Tapping  the tempo in a live setting is key for this to sound really killer (i.e., if you can set up the echo rate before dubbing a chord and increasing the feedback, you sound really cool).

Is that something I'm missing, or is that a feature being considered for future implementation?

Thanks,

roy

Re: MIDI-controllable Tap Tempo in AUFX:Dub?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 10:11:05 AM »
Thanks!

You're not the first one asking for this, it's on my TODO list :)

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 01:25:22 AM »
Since AUFX:Dub will slave to midi clock, you can use either Loopy HD or MidiBus to be the clock master.  Both have midi controllable tap tempo options and work well with Dub.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 06:34:51 PM »
Is this one a possibility?  I'm a guitarist trying to use the iPad and really want an independent rap tempo for dub because the only way you can get it to sync to a tap is really convoluted ... I do it by ableton linking AUM to loopy which responds to midi tap tempo, but this then messes with loopy's  tempo.

I want to be able to record the pitch effects of tapping the delay time as an effect in itself, the addition of making all of the parameters respond to midi CC would really make this a delay serious player for live use

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 10:05:19 AM »
Yes, MIDI control of Tap Tempo is on my TODO list.
As far as I know, all other parameters can be MIDI controlled already?

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 12:41:15 AM »
2015....TODO list
2017....TODO list
when???

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 01:55:27 PM »
2015....TODO list
2017....TODO list
when???

Let's say 2020, would that be ok? ;)

Sorry, but I'm a single developer currently maintaining 8 of my own apps and several for other companies. Stuff can live a long time on my TODO lists...