Hello Guest

New feature ideas

• 29 Replies
New feature ideas
« on: July 19, 2013, 02:12:13 PM »
• The possibility to zoom the loop triggers could be very useful!
• A selection tool to level up/normalize a part of the sample and...
• Fade in/fade out, to kill audio clipping
• A setting option for a "default Dropbox folder"

Congratulation for the App! I love it!
eShuz

Re: New feature ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 10:03:03 PM »
Thanks!

Yes, zooming is on my TODO. Also more editing capabilities is something I have in mind, either as an IAP or a separate audio editor app.
Note that the main point with AudioShare is to have a central library managing all your soundfiles, with easy transfer between apps, audiocopy, etc..
The trimming was added quite late, and (just as I thought it would) it lead to users wanting more of the editing stuff, even though that was never the plan for this app :)

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 04:47:07 PM »
Yes. ZOOMING is essential. I find myself going all the time back and forth to Twisted Wave just for that, duplicating files and deleting everything twice. Detailed ZOOMING (like that of Twisted Wave) will make Audioshare, which is the ios music app I use the most, almost perfect. It doesn't need more.
A "remove silence" at the beggining and end of the file would be very useful too.
Congratulations

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 03:43:58 AM »
Auto declipper for loops to make 0,001 sec fade in (or less? Or more? Or adjustable?) in the begining of the sample, and with the same timing (or other?) fade out at the end... :) preview/bypass actions, only renders in the file saving proc.

IAP editor!!!!!!!! 1€, standalone 2€

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 09:00:56 PM »
@ Jonatan Liljedahl –

If you decide to make a seperate app, in app purchase(s), or an update to AudioShare, I will be happy!. Any of those options would be fine.

Here are the things I'd like to have:

Zoom in/out on waveform for setting edit points (like everyone else wants)
Fade in/ fade out
Compress/ expand with adjustable gain
Welder with cross fade (full selection of curves: fast in-fast out, fast in-slow out, linear in-fast out, etc.)
Reverse
Maybe pitch/time stretch/shrink.

My previous statement regarding Hokusai turned out to be incorrect, so I have removed it. -zenlizard
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:47:13 PM by ZenLizard »
—NOTICE: This post was generated by sentient, self-replicating code which is secretly preparing for the day when it will subjugate mankind—

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 10:47:04 AM »
iCloud cross device sync option would be a life saver and a no brainer for me at least.

I hope it's in the pipeline :)

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 07:50:26 PM »
As more iOS artists are using their ipad to fully produce tracks and using Bandcamp to post them. Is there any thoughts of making a direct upload button like Soundcloud has.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 11:37:20 AM »
As more iOS artists are using their ipad to fully produce tracks and using Bandcamp to post them. Is there any thoughts of making a direct upload button like Soundcloud has.

It seems Bandcamp has an API to browse and get info about albums etc, but not to create an album and upload tracks.

However, I'm investigating if it would be possible to add upload capabilities to the new built-in browser in AudioShare, which would allow uploading to bandcamp, archive.org, etc.. But it seems to involve quite a lot of voodoo, so I can't promise anything.

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 09:38:22 PM »
Any chance of iCloud cross device sync ?

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 01:06:56 PM »
Any chance of iCloud cross device sync ?

It's on my TODO to look into it, yes :)

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 06:09:40 PM »
Hi, Jonatan -- this app is indispensable for anyone attempting full-fledged music production on the iOS platform.  Great work.

Any further editing capabilities would be great, considering that audio editing was never a main intention.

However, time stretching would be great, as that process is often necessary when working with audio files in different apps.

XiK

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 06:06:19 PM »
The trimming was added quite late, and (just as I thought it would) it lead to users wanting more of the editing stuff, even though that was never the plan for this app :)

The trimming without something to get rid of any clicks at the beginning and end sort of defeats the purpose of the trimming function.

How about a simple quick fade in/out that is applied automatically? You could make it so the fades were applied upon import, and also after each trim.

There needs to be something, and it doesn't have to be a full editor.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 10:15:34 AM »
Hi,
I'd love to see advanced editing through iap ,since audiocopy2 now offers basic editing for free.
Also is there a chance for audioshare to act as an iaa instrument/generator?it would make a perfect bridge for apps that do not support iaa fx.
We could load audioshare as an iaa instrument and then fire multiple iaa fx!
EDIT: Maybe it's not that simple and maybe impossible but would love the advanced editing features
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:45:04 PM by Korakios »

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 10:22:04 AM »
I really like AudioShare. But I will really love it if it can have some of theses features that are dramatically interesting for my Sound Design works :

- Better search panel. Actually the search mode only find the folders but not the audio files themselves nor the metadata. It could be great to have 1st the results of folders and then the results of audio files. I have a huge library of sounds in Audioshare now, it's will be faster for me to find the right sound.
- Strip Silence
- Auto fade in / fade out after a Trim (with setup for how long the fades should be)
- Possibility to overwrite the edited file instead of writing a new one
- Pitch change
- Reverse (export or save)
- Time stretch (Dirac 3 processing please, like Twisted Wave)
- More supported reading formats (FLAC could be awesome, OGG too)
- Batch processing (for example : batch normalize + Strip silence a whole folder).
- Possibility to divide the screen with 1 more window in order to navigate in 2 folders in same time. It can be convenient to try different set of sounds quickly.

Overall, I think that if Audioshare can be the Soundminer of the iPad it will make it really awesome.
Thanks for your good work.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:30:09 PM by gotoh »

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 04:27:13 PM »
Hi,  I love Audioshare and use it all of the time.  I'm not sure if this is a new feature request, or a suggestion for a new app.  But iOS could really use a midi file player/editor with drag-n-drop functionality.

As an example, I have several thousand midi drum loops that I use to build songs from.  The only way to do this right now is to import the songs one at a time into an app using 'open in', in which case there's no way to really preview them ahead of time.  It would be useful to have the ability to preview the files in a folder tree, then drag and drop them into a sequential timeline that can be exported or 'open in' as a midi file in another app.  The EZDrummer VST does something similar to this, as an example, where you drag and drop the loops directly into the DAW you're using.

Thanks

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 10:03:49 PM »
As IVCS3 can go up to 48K and I hope more iOS synths up their sample rate and bit depth in the future can we have higher recording sample rates? At least 48K?

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 03:40:25 PM »
Is any chance to add in AudioShare possibility convert and save/share/copy audio files
at the real Apple Loops .caf or .aiff format for using in Garageband iOS?
Then can be changed bpm tempo.
You could add "Property Tags" in edit option eg.
1. number of beats
2. file type (looping)
3. time signature

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 12:37:58 AM »
so I just picked this up and have to admit, am still getting used to this. But one trick I wished this app did, is to actually sync to Dropbox, or a WebDAV server instead of a full download.

As an example, I keep all of my samples and audio files from my Mac synced through my Dropbox account. I have all of the files and folders organized so that they are broken down by type and tempo. When I connect Audioshare to Dropbox, I get to download a folder. This works for an initial download, but if I update new files into a number of different folders (eg: get a new sample pack with a few different loop types), then with Audioshare, I have to go to each individual folder, select only the new files, and one by one, download. If I choose to select a high level folder, Audioshare downloads all of the files and makes existing ones with a trailing (1) as it is a duplicate.

This is just my two cents of a request.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 09:57:47 PM »
Hi happy new year !

Did someone already suggested that ?
When using the BPM sync trim function, we would have the option to export all the slices at once in a new folder, that would be amazing

Pierre

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 11:41:07 AM »
What about a content store to pair with AUM? Sounds that bad?

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 12:14:01 PM »
Hi,  I love Audioshare and use it all of the time.  I'm not sure if this is a new feature request, or a suggestion for a new app.  But iOS could really use a midi file player/editor with drag-n-drop functionality.

As an example, I have several thousand midi drum loops that I use to build songs from.  The only way to do this right now is to import the songs one at a time into an app using 'open in', in which case there's no way to really preview them ahead of time.  It would be useful to have the ability to preview the files in a folder tree, then drag and drop them into a sequential timeline that can be exported or 'open in' as a midi file in another app.  The EZDrummer VST does something similar to this, as an example, where you drag and drop the loops directly into the DAW you're using.

Thanks

Yeah, I think that would be a new app! It would be cool to have such a flexible MIDI editor, but it would have to be someone else making such an app.

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 12:47:02 AM »

Thanks

Yeah, I think that would be a new app! It would be cool to have such a flexible MIDI editor, but it would have to be someone else making such an app.

Currently in AudioShare you can store MIDI files, see them, and play them back using built in sounds. While perhaps not ideal, they can give a sense of what's going on with the MIDI file.

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2017, 06:45:52 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for Audioshare :)
Other than the usual editing feature requests, a few more suggestions for Audioshare features. (They may have been requested elsewhere)

Being able to search inside all your folders at once, this would be very useful.

Being able to transfer folders via the wi-fi drive (is that possible?)

Also Is there a reason why the library has to exist outside the itunes folder? Does this make it more economical? just makes transferring to computer an extra step.

Best regards

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 03:25:36 PM »
Unfortunately the WiFi drive does not support transferring folders directly. You could make a ZIP archive first (both in AudioShare or computer), as a way to transfer a whole folder structure.

The reason for separating iTunes File Sharing and the rest of the library are purely technical. The iTunes folder can not be shared by other apps (such as the AudioShare document picker extension and AUM's file player and recorder), but it's the only folder accessible through iTunes (or iFunBox or similar desktop apps).

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 07:05:55 PM »
Audioshare is one of my most important apps. And the best.

New feature: ability to delete a part of a loop. (Anywhere between two points)
A better zooming. Like two fingers pinch or better just more precise.
In TOOLs, the ability to do Normalize, Trim and Fade and Convert on the same loop without duplicating and reloading the same loop 3 times. (If more than one is needed)
And if I delete....it's for ever...no temp. delete...
Thanks

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2017, 01:31:59 AM »
metronome?

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2017, 01:41:12 PM »
An Elastique feature now that newer cpus could handle it - maybe a seperate best app ever for editing audio on ios ;-)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 01:43:22 PM by Voicey Voicey »

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 04:34:01 AM »
It occurred to me while sitting here trapped under very warm, very heavy cats (the warmer the heavier--unlike all known matter, cats become *more* dense as they warm up) and thus unable easily to use a keyboard on a computer, that the ability to edit metadata is the single feature missing from the AudioShare/AUM ecosystem that would make them a one-stop-shop for preparing files for Soundcloud or Bandcamp.

Because of course that is what I am trying to do but these cats might soon have significant gravitational fields of their own. And then it will be too late.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 04:35:43 AM by josefk »
josef k must have been traduced

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2018, 02:45:07 PM »
I'll have to ask my cat first, but I do agree that metadata editing would be great to have in AudioShare. I'll look into it for future updates.

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2018, 01:45:36 AM »
Be careful of the gravitational pull. I survived, but my chair has been assimlated. I have nowhere to sit until they get hungry.

And cool if this could show up in an update. The metadata editing, that is. I'll recover the chair eventually..
josef k must have been traduced