Hello Guest

Idea for SECTOR 2

• 2 Replies

XiK

• View Profile
Idea for SECTOR 2
« on: November 28, 2015, 07:51:34 AM »
I say SECTOR 2 because this is more than just a small update idea, but what about adding an effects page?

It could go right next to the warp page, and be handled in the same manner as the rest of the app, with effects being applied on a per step basis.

Filters would be the obvious choice, but could probably add others, like: distortion, amplification, maybe even a chorus effect, or reverb.

Or how about all of the above!

I don't know, it would basically just be another way to shape the sound. If you really wanted to go further you could even maybe factor in some probability, so that there was some variation to the applied effect, rather than having it locked into the same effect each time.

So maybe the outer ring could serve as the probability level that the effect would be applied, and on the inside there would be tabs for each effect's setting, and when you tap on a different tab the outer ring changes to reflect that effect's probabilities.

Just brainstorming here. :)

Would love to see it.

Re: Idea for SECTOR 2
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 06:45:03 PM »
Yep, that sounds pretty much exactly like my existing plans for adding effects to SECTOR :)

Can't say when I'll find the time for it though, but maybe it will be a new SECTOR 2 app, with effects and the ability to run two separate sector-loops at once, and ability to adjust the sector boundaries individually to have sector slices of varied lengths.

Cheers
/Jonatan

XiK

• View Profile
Re: Idea for SECTOR 2
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 12:44:58 AM »
...and the ability to run two separate sector-loops at once, and ability to adjust the sector boundaries individually to have sector slices of varied lengths...

Those would be great additions too.