Hello Guest

Recording digital audio from iPad + using an external midi keyboard

• 2 Replies
Hi everyone,

I want to record digital audio from my iPad (synthesizer apps) and use a external midi keyboard to controll these iPad synthesizer apps at the same time.
Up to now I have no solution for this.
I found out that I can record digital audio from my iPad by using the "normal" lightning to usb adapter. That works fine.
But I can't find a way to controll the iPad app with an external keyborad at the same time.
I tried the Apple Lightning to USB 3.0 Adapter, but the digital audio out signal from the iPad isn't supported by this!

Therefore I want to ask if there is a possibility to rout the midi signal from the external midi keyboard from a hub (or so) where also the iPad is connected to, via lightning to usb adapter -> into the iPad.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best,
Reinando, Germany
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 05:05:39 PM by Reinando »

Re: Recording digital audio from iPad + using an external midi keyboard
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 11:58:36 AM »
You can use a (powered) USB hub to connect multiple USB devices at the same time. But why not just record the audio directly in AUM?

Re: Recording digital audio from iPad + using an external midi keyboard
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 04:04:08 PM »
Hi Jonatan,

thank you for your answer.

"But why not just record the audio directly in AUM?" -> I have to use my DAW (Logic Pro X) to record, because it has the functionalies that I need to record and edit.

In the meantime I remembered that there is a hardware product that has the function I need:
https://www.iconnectivity.com/all-products/
It seems to me that there is no cheaper possibility.

Best,
Reinando